1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So How Did They Do?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Jan 18, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Lots of talk about a young Liverpool team in such an important game.

Now that the round is over rate them in the tie and discuss their future.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

No

saintKlopp and Lucaaas like this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Dick. :kiss:

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Personally I like:

Ojo
    Woodburn
    TAA
    Gomez

The rest ...they'll improve with us but enough to grab a solid spot on our first team squad...? I personally don't think so...and law of averages only 1 or 2 of that 4 will make it

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

TAA has been standout of the younger players and looks like the one that will be in the squad and first team before anyone else.

Ojo has looked lively. Looked better on the left where could go down the line rather than on the right where he kept wanting to cut inside. Looks like next one that might get few more minutes this season

Stewart, solid again. Not spectacular, and never going to create chances during the game but his job is to screen back 4. In games where dominate possession probably isn't needed but made couple decent tackles and recycled the ball well.

Gomez, didn't have much to do. Did ok, was up against huge beast up front so physical battle for a young guy.

Woodburn didn't do an awful lot. Didn't seem to get on the ball much, still not sure what his best position is. 10? Wide Forward? Doesn't seem to have that searing pace to play wide, nice quick feet though. Lots of developing to do, doesn't look ready to be with first team in league for another season or two.

Wilson - looks very lightweight. Compare him to Ojo, both similar players but Ojo seems to have the extra pace and power to help him against defenders. Early days and still not 20 yet so has another season or two you'd feel to get around first team. Seems to have outgrown the under 21's though and maybe a loan from him to help him deal with physical defenders will help.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

Taa showed good defensive ability and fitness and willingness to attack.

Gomez was pish. His positioning was poor a lot of the time and he got wrong side and made a terrible error only for taa to save him

Ejaria was poor enough. Far to ponderous on the ball.

Woodburn was moved 4 times in the game when he moved central for coutinho he came alive.

Stewart was pish too. He shows decent game awareness but on the ball its awful.

Wilson. I agree. At his age he just still looks a kid. He wull go the same as sinclair. He just wont cut tbe physical aspect of prem game.

Ojo. Yeah hes got a bit of pace. He didnt get long to show much and the game was brojen up when he did. He needs a better standard to see if hes all that or still a youth.

Basically theres a bit of talent about but if 2 of them actually make players thats it.

The rest i think were released for good reason

7. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

If the game wasn't on during work hours in the middle of the week I would oblige a comment. Unfortunately, all I have to go on was the forum commentary.

Apparently, the Williams sisters like butt plugs. Not sure when we signed them, but I'm OK with that.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Time is running out for Wilson, he needs to bulk up and work really hard now. He's 20 in March so not as young as people think.
    He looks a good player, quick good touch, plenty of skill. Certainly worth another contract, he could be a future player.

Ojo is the same as above 20 this year, he looks better physically than Wilson but I'm not certain he's ready. Lot of work to do.
    Just
    Stewart is 23 so not exactly a kid, he's neat and tidy on the ball, holds the midfield well, accurate with a simple pass. As long as he doesn't mind being cover for the first team In very happy for him to stay.

Woodburn has it all and will be a future star, I've watched him play quite a bit and without doubt his best position is from deep, it was clear last night that when he dropped off the front he was on the ball a lot and looking for passes, he's composed on the ball, can pick a pass or go past a man plenty of time for him to develop.

TAA he'll be our cover at RB and eventually replace Clyne, no need to buy in that position the lad can play. Needs to beef up a bit but that is it I'm confident he's first team material.

Gomez big strong lad, good on the ball. I like this kid and I have no doubt he's good enough. For his development though he needs to play with an experienced player in there with him who can talk and guide him as he's raw and will get his positioning wrong.

9. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Maybe put Matip in the U23s until this FIFA thing blows over?

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Might as well if he can't play.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

you can't play u23 either.. he's toast for any games at all until fifa say yay or nay.

I agree btw on gomez needs to learn off someone who actually knows something about being a CB not lucas. The lads positioning last night to win headers etc was poor. he was in trouble a lot as an experienced journeyman just manipulated him. you are right that the only way to learn this is to play so we will have to see if he does. He's grown up a lot during his injury and filled out quite a bit so... well theres development going on there.

I also agree on wilson. he's had injuries too but he just doesn't look any different really than woodburn and taa who are 17 and 18 and he's a full 2 years older but still childlike. either he develops very quickly or he will be another ritchie partridge... anyone remember him? (now a physio at our club)

finally. ejaria, stewart... nope just not at the races sorry. Imagine going into a group game in CL next year and either one has to play. they'd be eaten alivecos they just don't have the speed of thought and ability to see the passes.

12. astro

astro Well-Known Member

13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Ojo down that left side was really good. The scary thing is that this is guy is really fast - his acceleration alone is enough to get past most full backs.

Gomez is very rusty - it will take him time to get back to where he was.

Woodburn was good when moved deeper.

I think Ejaria is a tidy player but really can't see what he adds. All style and little substance.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

he doesn't see the passes. he needs to either bulk up and move back or he won't make it p there.

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think Ejaria is anything special, can't see him being with us much longer.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.