1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

... So the goose just got fatter...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I have a feeling that with the announcement of the £5.1bn deal... We will look a much more attractive opportunity for a new buyer.
    I remain convinced fatty will sell up by the end of the Summer and that's ultimately why Carver stayed in situ and why we signed no one in January.
    Mike is just fattening the goose to take it to market...

2. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Now that the deal has been announced with it costing Sky/BT over £5 billion, an increase I believe around 70% on old deal, what will the Fat One do now?
    I think we've just seen any potential sale go as Ashley will be raking in millions more in TV money, unless we go down. He must be laughing all the way to the bank as he doesn't need to worry, 17th or better will see the cash keep rolling in with very little outlay.

I think we will also see the agents scrambling for re negotiated contracts with the ridiculous possibility of the £300,000 a week footballer, which I think is scanderlous. In fact clubs could just about scrap admission charges or reduce them greatly for a number of fans, but that will never happen.

3. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

I think the opposite ACP. He just has to sit there, do very little and watch even more come into his coffers. Personally think a sale is further away.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  4. East Stand Heckler

East Stand Heckler Well-Known Member

It depends on what value he places on the advertising stream.

You would expect the key to be what the foreign rights go for.

Remember, these are domestic rights so the pot will get even bigger.

MA wants global exposure too so with more countries showing the EPL the better for him.

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree. I think this just reduced his risk of losing money by providing an even bigger warchest for whenever we are in danger and made it more attractive to keep hold of the club. He will start to take back his loan now and then take a dividend, only selling if his business plan for SD changes or SD starts to struggle.

6. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

100% agree, unfortunately.

7. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

More money for Nowt going into his pockets. We'll never get rid of him.

8. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Being an optimist I agree with ACS.

This deal doesn't start until 16/17 so he can't get his hands on any extra readies until that season ends (May 2017).

The timescale fits in with the suggestions that he could sell up at the end of this season or more likely next season 15/16, with the club being more attractive to potential buyers with the additional income.

There was always going to be a bigger amount on offer with this deal so, he won't be surprised, and will already have considered his options. Either way, I don't see that this would make any difference to him.

If he wants shot of us he will, and if not, he'll more than likely continue as normal.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  9. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Ashley is going absolutely nowhere............. unless he receives a mega offer. Its a win / win for the fat man.

10. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Sit back and pray for some idiot to offer "silly" money or for the Sky bubble to burst.

11. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Can't see the Sky bubble bursting.

With the loss of the Champions League, Sky had more money to throw at the next PL contract.
    Coupled with them being s*** scared of losing more football to BT, all it's done is push the price up higher again, which in the long term will only be bad for the consumers who will ultimately pay for it.

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The next big £££ for the PL for clubs will be online streaming.
    That should at least guarantee big money for the next decade or so.

13. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd read Google and Apple were both very interested. Apparently the live streaming rights are going to add a huge amount to Prem team revenues. The money was already beyond ridiculous and it just keeps on ballooning.

14. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I don't see how selling the club would benefit him in anyway at all. He can just ignore the fans complaints like he is now, the current chairman doesn't seem awful and is interacting with fans entirely on his behalf, the players are quite happy to follow the clubs idea of "I'll play here a couple years and move on to better things."

Not to mention that the club will make Ashley more money over say 3 seasons than anyone's offer will be worth. Six seasons and he's almost doubled what I imagine anyone would ever offer for the club. It also is part of his plan to take over huge chunks of football and turn it into an empire. His plan isn't to sell Newcastle for Rangers, it's to have both Newcastle AND Rangers under his huge mega corporate arms and add it to his over net worth.

Edit: I wouldn't even be surprised that once he has taken over Rangers (which he will ofc.) He will buy into a second premier league club. Would make sense and he can more than afford it, the bloke is unrealistically wealthy.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  15. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

This. I think the best thing any fan can do is to just stop with the ridiculous notion that he'll sell up. He, via the club, is being PAID in excess of £80m to have his brand advertised around the World. It's a fabulous example of Capitalism "failing" - Ashley has accumulated so much wealth he can afford to simply have his own company as NUFC's flagship sponsor, and not only that but he's being paid for the privilege. If you have enough money suddenly everything becomes free. Crazy.

The day Mike Ashley quite this venture will be shortly followed by the bursting of football's bubble. If you can tell me when the latter is going to happen, you'll have a better idea as to when the former is. But with online touted as the next big thing, and Apple with $180bn available (not even exaggerating, this is the amount of cash they have in an Irish bank), football is going to continue to soar.

Honestly, just accept him. Our best, absolute best, chance of any kind of success is to support the team every, single time, without fail. Ashley will not change the model, he will not sell the club, he will most likely not employ Frank De Boer or anyone else and it'll be Mr. Carver for the next decade. Accept this, even if you don't like it, and just roar for 90 minutes and we might have a tiny chance of doing something. I think if we allow apathy to sink in, we'll end up like Villa.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I can't see an reason he'd sell. I think he will be here long term in a Doug Ellis type way. Intent on doing just enough to keep head above the water (relegation). This will all be justified by pointing to financial prudence while others lose their head with enjoyment and ambition.

We will make a steady return. He will coin big money from advertising. It just doesn't make any sense to sell unless some ****er is feeling crazy and decides to offer silly money. There has just been a shed load more cash pumped in by the TV companies, and the little incestuous indulgence fest between club owners and the league will continue.

17. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I understand that the mooted changes in FFP will mean that teams will be awarded points at the beginning of the season based on profit vs turnover ratio from the season before. We are likely to start each season so far ahead of the rest that we could actually be champions by September. The glory days of Newcastle are coming.

18. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

I have just one word to say to you Jak Attack

<hug>

19. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

I completely disagree. Ashley is not stupid. He not going to go away when we can earn £40-60million a season for doing naff all. Nobody will buy this club because he will want too much. He will just do enough to keep us up, and thats it... Get used to boring mediocre football for the 5 years and beyond. In the meantime he will pocket the dosh and laugh at us all the time. He holds a grudge this man....... He is enjoying our pain, I tell you...

20. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

It's this simple. I mean, NUFC is for sale....just like Carroll, Cabaye and subsequently Sissoko, Cisse are ALL for sale. Just the prices are OTT. If someone offered him £400m, he'd sell. Everything has a value. The trouble is, NO-ONE will offer £400m for NUFC!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.