1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some Timely Advice..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 22, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City star sends alarming warning to the club amid relegation battle
    please log in to view this image

Bristol City midfielder Lee Tomlin has urged his side not to take anything for granted after he previously suffered relegation with Peterborough United on the final day of the season,
    Despite Peterborough picking up 54 points that season, they were still relegated to League One and Tomlin doesn’t want to repeat that.

Tomlin said:
    “Our form in the second half of the season was top six and, having looked dead and buried at Christmas, we went into the last game needing a point to stay up.
    “I remember going past about six players and scoring to put us in front and, when it was 2-2 with just a few minutes left, it looked as though we’d done enough.
    “But they scored at the death and we went down with 54 points.”

However, Lee Tomlin believes that his previous relegation has equipped him well to handle the upcoming relegation battle.

The creative midfielder added:
    “That was one of the lowest points in my career and I don’t ever want to go through anything like that again.
    “Hopefully, the experience means I can help Bristol City stay up this season.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/b...g-warning-to-the-club-amid-relegation-battle/

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I think our win last Friday was brilliant and would like to say a belated congratulations to LJ and the players but we are not saved by a long chalk yet, our survival remains a challenge, so it's onward to Brentford, Preston, Wolves, QPR, Blackburn, Barnsley and Brighton, that's our April matches, I will then give LJ a heartfelt congratulations if we succeed, if not I sincerely hope Lansdown has got the balls to give him the well deserved boot without compensation for absolute failure.

Only time will tell..

Red Robin likes this.
  3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

what did he say?