1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sorry to have to say this and i know it will upset some of you but.........

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

JEWELL OUT!!!!!

Still conceeding **** loads of goals, still refusing to drop Leadboots and still tactically naive.

This is not meant to wind people up but is just what i feel. He has had time to sort things out, most of the squad are HIS players, its time to STOP blaming Keane and realise Jewell is not the man!!

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

You wont be surprised to know that I agree with you Spanish!

5 Straight defeats against fairly mediocre opposition in fact the teams that are around us now in the table.

You can't keep conceding 3 goals a game and expect to get points. We are now 1 point off the relegation places and we are away at Burnley and then Watford next Saturday. I think if we fail to get any points from these 2 must win games then he should be gone!

JEWELL Out before its too late.

3. naxosblue

naxosblue Member

Spanish.we are now relegation fodder.

From my armchair I'm wanting a few answers as to what is wrong.

4. JonahJameson

JonahJameson Active Member

The BBC match summary gives us the same as Reading in possession, goal attempts and attempts on target, but corners is us 3 and them 12.

I haven’t been party to any radio or tv assessment of the game so I don’t know if that was deserved or not.

I do know that’s another two quick-fire goals conceded and another two late goals shipped

Also, le Fondre: another player we’ve all been baffled as to why someone hasn’t taken a chance - then Reading did. It seems he made the corner for goal 90+1 and set up the goal for 90+3, has been scoring for Reading and seems to have impressed so far.

Meanwhile, we went out and got Scotland and Ellington. Genius.

Should I be complaining about Chopra yet? I’ve only seen him in real life at Millwall where he was anonymous, but I forgave him that because the rest of the team were beyond useless. Thankfully, I missed the TV joke performance against Peterborough, so I can’t really comment on him.

But what we all must bear in mind here is:

1. Anyone who complains about PJ’s nothing short of disastrous rule so far can be directly compared to the Bobby Robson nay-sayers back in days of yore.
    2. We must have consistency. If Norwich hadn’t fired Gunn after a few games they’d be in the Prem’ by now.
    3. The team needs time to gel – remember, nobody else has bought players.
    4. PJ took over a team with a shoddy squad – no other manager has EVER done that, added umpteen players to it and moulded them into a team. I tell you, it just can’t be done!

5. johnnywarksmoustache

<laugh><laugh> Jonah I love the gallows humour!

6. naxosblue

naxosblue Member

Jonah............

What's the answer then?

This year is relegation battle.

I guess we must keep the older players who have had experienced relegation fights before.

Plan B.

7. naxosblue

naxosblue Member

Christ,my English is bad.

Time to come home.

8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Absolutely gutting and angry!!! I don't know what the answer is but I still don't think it is sacking the manager or getting rid of ME or Clegg. I think its important to to take knee jerk reactions, we have to sit tight on this one, it was always going to be a difficult season. McAuley is looking a massive loss for us but even so we should be doing better.

I'm at a loss, I don't think changing the manager will change our situation.

9. naxosblue

naxosblue Member

Knee jerk.

I've only got so much cartilage left my old knees.

10. itfcptc

Well there will be no knee jerking from you then!!!

11. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

ptc

The thing is, i don't think its a knee jerk reaction.

To say that changing the manager will not change the situation is wrong, it has to change the situation, different thinking/mindset etc. I agree it is a close call and it may not change things for the better but how long do we have to wait? I honestly cant see any improvement, on paper we have a better team but sadly we dont play on paper.
    I can understand your thinking ptc but i'm not so sure that you will be right, although i hope so!!

Oh and Richard bloody Wright for christ sakes, thought we had moved on!! Surely there are better keepers out there that we could have signed?

12. johnnywarksmoustache

Knee Jerk Reaction!!!!!!!!! Are you for real?

How much more bloody time do you think he needs? When we are relegated!

FFS Open your eyes and smell the coffee! What planet are you living on when you say that we should sit tight!

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

1 point off SAFETY and 5 straight defeats = relegation. Bye bye PJ and bye bye Clegg. Clowns.

14. johnnywarksmoustache

West Ham 0 Derby 1

PRISKIN SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to rub Insult into Injury

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I said that I would stick by Jewell if we had a season that didn't include looking over our shoulder at relegation. That could be about to change if things don't improve. I don't want us to keep changing managers, at the same time I don't want to be in a relegation battle again. I never expected a top six finish this year but I also never expected this. Sort it out!!!

16. JonahJameson

JonahJameson Active Member

Well, I quite liked the idea of combining experience with youth &#8211; part of Keano&#8217;s downfall was too much (enforced) youth in the team.

Perhaps we are being unfair with the amount of time we&#8217;re giving the new regime (nearly 11 months now, but obviously less than that with the newer players &#8211; but you can say the latter about anybody) to sort out a functioning unit with the existing squad, but you have to wonder.

First, we&#8217;ve been unlucky in certain positions over recent times: Keane had trouble at left back, considering his almost 2M purchase there was useless (Delaney). So he gets Kennedy, an experienced, quality player (at least at the time) and 90% of the time he was injured. Ditto now in our crisis central defence position with Ingi and Sonks.

Is that an excuse though? PJ can&#8217;t be blamed for Keano&#8217;s mithering about and bizarre idea of squad building, but when you look at what he now has available, should we be this useless? Are we really a bottom 7 (or however you want to classify it) Championship team? Because that is what we certainly are.

You might say that it can only be the fault of the players or the manager and his coaching team, unless there is some tremendous upsetting influence from elsewhere (Clegg? ME?).

If it&#8217;s the players, as far as I&#8217;m concerned, Jewell & co should be giving the necessary kick up the backside and the necessary guidance on the training pitch. If it&#8217;s the latter, we&#8217;re stuffed. The middle option is obvious; we have the Derby Jewell, not the Wigan one. Get rid.

I just haven&#8217;t seen the required encouraging signs to stick with the current regime. Usually if a team is in transition with the right people in charge you can see the signs that it might come right. Can anyone see that now? Surely someone else could do something more with this squad?

17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

<laugh> You couldn't write it

18. johnnywarksmoustache

The whole problem is that Jewell had ample opportunity to bring in a Right Back and 2 Centre Halves in the Summer and what did he do? He brought in Ingar who has been constantly injured, he stumbled across Sonko who after being a revelation now spends his time on the physio's bench. Collins is on loan but wont be here after December and Andrews who will be off at the same time. Stockwell is a major gamble on loan and once you rip the guts out of the defence we are lefty with hardly any cover at all. The first priority for a football team is not to concede or make the opposition work hard to score. In both cases this is simply not happening and the blame rest's fairly and squarely with Jewell. Too many old has beens with no desire and no pace and all our good youth players being loaned out and not getting a chance. This is not the Ipswich way and until we go back to basics we are screwed.

19. crowey66

crowey66 Member

Woops a daisy<laugh>

20. itfcptc

JWM to you if we lost one game on the trot it and sacked the manager after a 10 game unbeaten run it wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction. At least I believe I show some consistency to my thinking.

Spanish obviously I can see why everyone is soo upset and as JJ says with the team we have, with the experience we have we just shouldn't be conceding or playing the way we have been playing. I didn't think we would be promotion contenders this season but I didn't expect us to go on a 5 game loosing streak or have some of the defeats we've had and Jewell has to take a large proportion of the blame for this but I do think whoever came in would be experiencing similar problems!!!

This is a big job Jewell has got on his hands and it was always going to be, I don't really see someone else doing much different tbh.

Its just so strange a season for us so far. To go from a 6 game unbeaten spell, something I had not seen us play that consistently well for years and we actually looked like we would easily make the playoffs to go on a 5 game loosing streak looking like we will be relegated, its just crazy!!! I think we are somewhere in the middle and I think for the time being we need to sit tight and see how things pan out as IMO bringing in a new manager would not be the right decision..