1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sort out the Boardroom Ellis

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by grandpops, Oct 5, 2015.

1. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Inept, incompetent, overpromoted, underqualified, completely lacking in experience and expertise.

This is a big business with a turnover in excess of £100m per year. Those in charge of running it couldn`t run a burger van.

Consistently run the club at a loss costing millions.

A succession of terrible decisions resulting in dismissals of managers and staff costing more millions.

Twice fined by the FA, warned as to future conduct and currently in the throes of litigation which could cost even more millions.

A massive, massive waste of resources. No wonder we can`t spend on players.

It`s your fault Ellis, you put them there. Maybe that`s where the rot is. They`re certainly rotten at running this club. You need to pull the trigger and that`s where you should aim.

OK. Said me piece. Feel free to add to the list or rip it to bits. :bandit:

Posted while seriously pissed off.

Brian Storm and Rick O'Shea like this.
  2. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nurse, a little more bromide in 'pops tea please.

I've said the same sort of thing elsewhere mate, just not as eloquently <ok>

Gil T Azell and grandpops like this.
  3. grandpops

Spelled brandy wrong there mate.

4. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

he's a billionaire so he's detached from the reality of the situation ...

5. grandpops

How can he not see the shambles? If he`s having to keep baling us out he must be aware of the financial mess surely? The club`s being run very very badly.

6. Blind Corner

Blind Corner Active Member

I honestly don't understand why everyone is blaming Ellis Short, he has seen a lot of his money disappear over the last few years because of so called football men but he has still spent in the closed season.
    The very experienced Martin O'Neil wasted money, the highly recommended by Niall Quinn, Roy Keane wasted money and handed out contracts willy nilly, Ok he took a chance with PDC , but the football men bought all those players and expected him to mould them into a Pl team.
    Then We expected big things from Gus which didn't work out but once again a lot of money went down the gurgler.
    Finally Dick has been forced out because of the **** that's been bought over the years.
    If it was my money( I suppose it is, indirectly because of all of my season tickets over the years) then I would be seriously pissed off and I wouldn't be surprised if he walked as well, which I definitely think he would if he could find a buyer.

7. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Aye, he's obviously doing this deliberately . . . . spending millions from his own pocket to run the club into the ground, when, bearing in mind his financial circumstances, he doesn't have to or need to <doh>

He's deliberately hiring the wrong people, and doesn't give a toss about the club . . . . what a **** :steam:

I wish that I was perfect and didn't make any mistakes, like some on here obviously are, and I wonder how many would take risks with their own money to try to help others (as well as themselves, as businessmen do) :emoticon-0112-wonde

He should, perhaps, have left well alone after the accumulation of debt that Drumaville left . . . . maybe he's aware of the abuse that he's getting now and he now wishes that he had not taken the risk that he did :emoticon-0125-mmm:

He certainly is a right arse, isn't he :emoticon-0105-wink:

8. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I honestly don't understand why everyone is blaming Ellis Short, he has seen a lot of his money disappear over the last few years becauseof so called football men but he has still spent in the closed season.

The money has been brought in from transfers he has spent very little.
    We have been buying on the cheap we need to invest more just to keep our head above water.
    <bubbly>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  9. newbottle bank

newbottle bank Active Member

at times like this we're all looking for somebody to blame. Short would probably admit himself that he's made mistakes, but is it fair to lay all the blame at his door ?
    Look at the horrendous signings that successive managers have made (graham, fletcher, buckley and many many more), was that his fault ?
    As far back as I can remember there's been a culture at Sunderland that it's a club where you can pick up easy money. Winners don't go there, and if we happen to unearth a winner like Henderson, they soon f*ck off somewhere better.
    By leaving, congers & dick have effectively passed judgement on this club, that it's a place for losers !

The Relic likes this.
  10. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I really can't see why folk are sticking up for Ellis at all tbh.
    He's surrounded himself with the shower of **** that is the board.
    Maggie ****ing fanny flaps & people like that, neither use nor ornament.
    Haway Ellis yer daft Yank twat - sort it out man!

11. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Said months ago that he should put his hand in his pocket and head hunt
    Board members from clubs doing it right. Swansea, Southampton.

Sack Byrne and Congerton for starters.

Ellis should step back and become owner. He should appoint a proper football chairman and a proper footballing chief executive.

Short also needs to invest in the scouting network to aid the next manager and I'm hoping it is a manager and not a head coach.

Boldon-Bogbrush likes this.
  12. Billy Death

**** off mate. <ok>

13. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

What are you on about?

14. grandpops

That`s exactly what I`m saying.

15. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Dick Avocaat was probably the best manager we've had in many years. He specifically left because he had become disillusioned with his squad. So why don't we start talking about that incompetence instead of blaming people who had nothing to do with it?

16. grandpops

I`m not questioning Shorts commitment. Far from it. He`s putting his own money in but, shouldn`t the fact that he has to keep doing it tell him something`s wrong.

As for the appointments of PDC and Gus, I doubt whether Ellis chose them. If he did he was given seriously bad advice. More money wasted on players and more cost to get rid. It can only be the board. More bad (and expensive) decisions.

I`m sure Short cares a hell of a lot about this club but he`s being let down by the board. His board. Only he can do something about that.

17. grandpops

The board gave contracts to O`Shea, Brown, Cattermole and Larsson. They decided those players would be in his squad.

Dick said himself it was the clubs decision.

18. Billy Death

I'm telling you to **** off daft twat. <ok>
    Pretty straightforward isn't it?
    Big kiss.

19. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Yes they did - on the advice of football men like Bruce and Quinn.

20. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

What has Cattermole and Larsson done wrong ? And our defence is even ****ing worse when O'Shea isnt in it.

Brown? No idea what he is doing atm, but he probably took a wage drop ?

With the squad we had, I reckon DA would have turned it around sooner rather than later.

Short biggest mistake was Di Fanti. he sorted that out, and got a pretty good setup going imo. Now DA walks away 8(also cognerton?) and he is back to square 1.

We need to cancel the contracts of Roberge, Bridcutt, Buckley, Graham, Maviras etc, make sure congerton stays or a decent replacement is found and get in a good manager and we will be fine.

Having said that, We definitely need another football minded person on the board to help him out . I wouldnt mind seeing someone like DA taking up an advisory position.

clockstander likes this.