1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SORTED

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Salomon #9, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Still generally hated though and the relationship with the fans will have undoubtedly played a part in his departure. It was never going to turn around. I understood it to a point as his behaviour was somewhat questionable at times (Hull etc). However some was born out of a view that he was part of the Ashley circus, I mean circle of friends. I think he was just another employee personally. He was happy to take stick for the board but I think that was more to do with being professional and trying to keep a settled workforce as opposed to some debt or other conspiracy theory. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't the best thing since sliced bread, but nor was he as bad as some made out. He did ok on a very tight budget.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  2. Warmir Pouchov

What if it is longer than 6 months though? If we stay up he may keep the job. If he maintains mid table he would stand a very good chance of doing so. Unless of course Ashley has suddenly had a change of heart and is going to do the ambitious thing. No real evidence to support such a theory though.

I think the most likely scenarios are as follows based on previous experience:

Carver achieves mid table or better - Carver is given it full time
    Carver narrowly escapes relegation or is relegated - An out of work manager of questionable quality is appointed.

The only thing I can see outside of that is narrowly escaping relegation and Remi Garde. Whether he is any better than Pardew? **** knows, completely untested really. He did ok with Lyon, pretty much what would be expected as they had a tight budget to work to much like Pardew.

I'd say interesting times but its not really. Its about as interesting as watching Sunderland play football under Gus Pooyet.

3. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

John himself can't believe he got the job...

please log in to view this image

4. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Old Howey, Watson, Quinn and the other pack of 'jobs for the boy's' lovers will be delighted with this appointment.

I have gruesome images in my head at present. Grim but brings a smile to my face. Something along the St Bartholomew's Day massacre but much, much worse.

5. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Too many ifs and buts there. The club don't care what the fans think so if they wanted Carver long term they'd have given him a long term 2-3 year deal as head coach.

We'll have to see what the official club statements says later on but for me Carver will not get the job beyond the end of the season unless we win something like 12 of our remaining games. If he managed to do that I'd say he'd then deserve a crack at it.

He won't win 12 games, he'll win 4-6 and we'll finish bottom half.

6. Warmir Pouchov

I agree about not caring what the fans think, as evidenced by Carvers appointment. However the precedent is already set through Hughton, they suck it and see for 6 months. If he proves capable of achieving their mid table goals, he is a very cheap option. You can never be sure with Newcastle but I think basing it on previous experience of this regime, it would be best off to assume it will be uninspiring and cost effective.

I'm sure the club will play somewhat on the local angle with Carver. Be interesting to read how they try to spin it. I expect the predictable response but we shall see.

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I'm not all that dismayed by this appointment. We're in for a poor second half of the season, but I think we'll be jut about safe from relegation. I'd prefer to wait a few months for the right manager - provided that is what we get in the summer. However, if that is what they are planning then no excuses. No waiting around til mid-August to tie up the contract. Plans should be in place to have a manager sorted as soon as the season ends.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Pretty predictable as expected, hedging their bets would be an understatement :emoticon-0142-happy...

Newcastle United can confirm that John Carver will take the role of head coach until the end of the 2014/15 season.

Managing director, Lee Charnley, said: "At the beginning of this process it was my desire and intention to appoint an individual to the position of head coach who would be available to start immediately.

"Having now explored at some length the options available to us at this time, the decision has been taken to defer the appointment of a permanent head coach until the end of the season.

"The head coach will be a long-term appointment that will play a major role in shaping the future on-field progression of Newcastle United and it is vitally important that we get the right individual.

"John has a long history with the Club and has the full support of the board. Our goal for the season of a minimum top ten finish remains unchanged and we are confident that John, supported by the backroom staff, will be able to deliver this."

John Carver, said: "This is a proud day for me.

"I have worked with, and learnt from, the best manager that this football club has had in Sir Bobby Robson. I know what this Club means to this city and its people. I believe in my players and the staff I have around me.

"I am confident that we can deliver exciting successful football and look forward with relish to my role as head coach of this great football club."

9. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

why don't you start a thread on the Makems board .................oh wait, sorry your not obsessed are you <ok>

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  10. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Breaking news on sky very topical, i'm sure we had a lvg thread when he was appointed, plus its funny as ****

11. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

<doh>

Those words will cause some sort of freak weather conditions. Similar to the ilk of hte Westboro church peeps.

12. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Part of me wonders whether this particular gamble is one too many. 27 points isn't very much. 16 games to go, unlikely to win another few in a row...

13. Warmir Pouchov

He has you lot on the edge of your seats mind doesn't he?

I can see this happening all over again.

I see he has been saying you lot are living in the past. I don't think the media is his strong suit is it. Seems like a stubborn bastard, my mackem mates reckon he could change it quite easily with a few tweaks. I haven't watched enough of you lately, but every time I have its been utter ****e. This is what Brighton fans said about him too mind. There were some boo's at the weekend too I believe. I hope he takes notice because they will quickly turn if it gets messy down the bottom.

Our clubs are a fine pair. We invest **** all and remain happily marooned in mid-lower mid table season upon season. You keep changing things but the outcome remains the same - hovering around 14th-17th.

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Welcome to the relegation fight lads

15. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Most of us said it, and thus it is true. Hurrah...

Looking at the points of the last few relegations, one or two wins and a couple of draws is all that we'll probably need to stay up, so why would Ashley appoint a fancy new manager? What would be the point, exactly? Carver will scrape us to about 37 points I reckon, we'll finish around 15th, and there will be much rejoicing...

This club is run with utter contempt for it's consumer base. Can someone wake us up when someone at the club gives a ****? I'm off to hibernate.

16. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Cheers. We all knew it would happen once small dick Carver was appointed but it still hurts the heart to hear the diabolical news. Enjoy the three points in April.

17. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

We'd need to score to take three points fella. Poyet is scared ****less to try and win games.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Don't be silly. Its clearly because De Boer is coming in the summer. We are a progressive club and Ashley has simply been waiting for Pardew to **** off through natural causes, before he appoints one of the most sought after coaches in Europe while unleashing an almighty transfer fund accumulated over 7 years. Next year is the year...

19. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

You don't have to worry about that because we will gift a goal to you. Woodman snr will probably end up in goal with Carver leading the line with his beer gut hanging over his shorts, falling over like some wino all the while showing us all what a vast mound of useless blubber with a heart condition he is. Cue Mick Quinn, Howey, etc to celebrate as their boy has achieved the dream and humiliated himself beyond belief in front of the footballing world.

Brian Storm likes this.
  20. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Nothing against john but anyone that pronounces that something with a k at the end of it lacks intelligence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.