1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SORTED

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Salomon #9, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie Well-Known Member

Entirely as expected.

Next comes the sale of a key player before deadline day and the purchase of absolutely no one, with the phrase 'we didn't have time to find a replacement' ringing in our ears as the bells chime 11pm next Monday.

2. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie Well-Known Member

Because then they wouldn't have had an excuse for not signing anyone this window.

This way they get to say that there wasn't enough time left to sign anyone as they have been so unbelievably busy trying to find a manager.

3. East Stand Heckler

East Stand Heckler Well-Known Member

Have the Mackems got 6 identical threads up about us yet?

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Understandable.
    I'd rather we wait until the summer for the right person.
    The more pressing concern is the need for defensive cover.
    I do expect either Sissoko or Tiote to go though.

5. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Aye, I think everyone had resigned themselves to the fact he was going to be here till summer. Let's hope it's no longer.

6. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

you're right Albert it is understandable
    but what is not understandable is why it took them
    4 weeks to make this decision, .... unless they have some other devious plan up their sleeve
    like not having time to look for players as they have spent all their time searching for a non existing coach

7. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30989117

I think the most frustrating thing about this (and most of Ashley's time here) is that it was totally predictable.

Carver is totally out of his depth and we will drop down the table very quickly. We can only hope that Burnley, QPR, Hull & Leicester all have enough bad days for us to stay afloat. A dark 16 games ahead...

<doom&gloom>

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  8. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I reckon we went in for FDB and were told.. It's the summer or not at all. We then went to Garde who pretty much said the same.
    Mike has just hedged his bets that's all.
    He may also be trying to leave a clear deck for new owners don't forget,

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the eternal hope.

We no more talked to Frank De Boer than we have plans to extend the capacity at SJP, or plans to sell to Qatari investors, or plans to write off the Ashley loan, get rid of Wonga and take down all the SD logos in the stadium.

Nope, it's Carver to see if he can squeak us to safety and, if he can, you can bet your fcking house he'll be put in charge and Doris the Tea Lady will be moved up to the coaching staff. Sad part of it all is, in true NUFC style, there'll then no longer BE a tea lady, as we steadfastly refuse to ever replace anybody, ever.

And let's not forget to dismiss your last comment - if Carver keeps this club safe, BT and Sky will then pay Mike Ashley £70m to advertise Sports Direct to one BILLION viewers. And neither of those last two numbers is made up. He is not going anywhere, ever. Get over it! He's even managed to tell the SFA that the "dual ownership meeting" can happen via Skype.......you couldn't make it up. We're are all permanently bent over with trousers down, whilst Capitalism stalks around behind us with a bigger array of dildos than you could imagine.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But you can bet that it will take us 4 weeks to announce that we have scoured Europe looking for a new tea lady who can take NUFC forward, one with new ideas like no milk and a dash of honey or slice of lemon, but the one we really wanted wasnt available until Summer. I mean who wants hot tea in Summer.
    However my bold prediction is we are selling noone this transfer window.

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

time will tell fellas.
    it will be a tough grind now dragging my ass to SJP but it's the 11 in the shirt who will get my support as ever.

12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Even if we have, which I doubt to be honest, it wouldn't take 4 weeks to say no. They'd both have told them straight off the bat.

Fair enough Ashley has had a holiday but it just seems we struggle to do anything that could be viewed as positive.

13. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Look everyone needs to get to grips with the situation before the summer to save more heartache and misery.

We are either going to get relegated which is a very strong possibility. Carver will stay on in the backroom staff and we will get some other out of work bottom feeder.

We will stay up and somehow get the required points and even if it isn't top ten, Carver will the job on a full time basis after much deliberation in mid August to also nullify the chance of transfers 'getting over the line'. The likes of De Boer, Garde, McClaren, etc are simply not going to happen.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Well, if you see the Mail it says McClaren is the man we're waiting on. Interesting too that the Chron says Charnley has said to Carver come and give us a headache in selection. I think if he keeps us up they'll give the job to him on a rolling year contract, thus saving them paying out any compo and retain the equally incompetent Stone & Woodman.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  15. NoNewsNUFC

NoNewsNUFC Active Member

You know what, there's just no ****ing pleasing some people. As for the sad Mackem **** above, it was you lot who were hoping Pardew would stay because of some of the runs he's taken us on. What's your excuse with Gus? 1 point away from bottom? What's the saying about glass houses again?

As for our own fans and some people on this board, I really don't get you. De Boer - ruled out until the summer. Garde - ruled out until the summer. McCLaren - ruled out until the summer. Carver is already in charge and the most stabilizing thing to do according to the club is to restore some clarity and tell us exactly what's going on. They explored options and the top targets weren't available. Do you then get your 6th or 7th choice target in, or do you wait a matter of months and get one of your top two? Easy answer.

Carver is now the gaffer whether you like it or not. Don't go to games if you don't want, but shut the **** up about it. The players clearly like Carver and although I don't see him as the answer, surely he has enough about him to gain another 13 points out of 16 games? Yes we've not won in 4 games but some of the football we've played has been better than I've seen in some time.

We have enough to stay up and you know we do. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and claiming we're going down. You don't have to like Ashley, but for gods sake stop moaning and if you're going to support NUFC, support them!

Salomon #9 likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Meoww

17. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

But we're allowed to moan and discuss on a message board, surely?

18. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Put your tampon back in and calm down for Christ sake.

19. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Being positive, look on the bright side, Pardew is gone and we didn't end up with Steve Bruce or some other over the hill no-mark out of his depth.

If we were to get relegated, I blame Pardew for buggering off for money and leaving the club in the lurch. Get the excuses in early JC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.