1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton vs Tottenham Hotspur - Saturday 25th April 12:45PM K.O.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Jose Fonte baby, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

...and Joe Hart come to think of it...

2. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

You are right, just in front of me SD had a chance to clear upfield just before the goal, but his feet went from under him in the boggy spot just to the right of the goal area, gave Spuds possession back and the rest is history.

3. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Well that was fun, I found a great bar in Barcelona to watch the match, Saints fans outnumbered Spurs fans 8-1and we all had a great time while Mrs. C went to the Sagrada Familia. Steven Davis wants his arse kicked while Pelle deserves a knighthood. Just managed to find free WiFi in a Mexican restaurant in Calella and caught up with this thread. So, we beat last year's best ever finish with MoPo watching, what could be better? COYR!!!!

4. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

3 points would have been better. A lot better.

But I suppose life always looks good from a bar stool in Barcelona.

Clem Fandango likes this.
  5. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

[QUshouldE="Archers Road, post: 7858996, member: 1009562"]3 points would have been better. A lot better.

But I suppose life always looks good from a bar stool in Barcelona.[/QUOTE]
    We should definitely have won but the Estrella Galicia took a lot of the pain away!

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I haven't read all the posts, but here's my two pennies worth:

I enjoyed today and feel ok. That seems a bit odd as we've just let one of my least favourite teams of the hook. We should have buried them. I read an interview with Steve Davis this morning talking about how much pressure he feels from not scoring; boy he let that get to him today. He did ok today though apart from his finishing. I thought we all did well. Just a shame we couldn't have sent them home sulking.

I have had a bee in my bonnet about Pelle over the last few months with his (in my opinion ) not good enough hold up play and continual flicking balls on. Today I thought he was excellent and lead the line really, really well. However there is a but. He had one blemish. In my opinion he cost us their first goal. The ball came to him on the half way line and he got there first, held it up (as he had quite a bit) really well and then when he had done the hee bit, he decided to try a fancy back heel when he didn't need to; he had support and a simple pass available. They got it, broke down the wing and scored. Shame as it was and is his best performance for a while.

Lastly, I think the fans were fantastic today. Spuds are normally quite noisy away but hardly had a chance today. Well done everyone. I simply loved the "If you really hate Tottenham clap your hands" and when it went on for ages, it was great and the Souds fans didn't really know what to do.

Today was our first point in 6 games against them since our return to the premier league. We should have three, but I am taking some satisfaction from the fact that we are now right bang in their league. Look over you shoulder Spuds, the Saints are coming!

7. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

We should have had about 15 now I think about it.

8. fatletiss

Bang on Brandy.

9. fatletiss

Yes, but looking in the half pint full side, we really are rightfully competing with Spurs and they know that. I genuinely think they don't like that fact and are pretty scared that we are doing things so much better than them. I joked last week they'll be in red and white stripes next, they certainly are going to be looking a lot more closely at Southampton FC.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  10. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Having got back, had my take away and ploughed through this thread, here are some of my views that haven't been written.
    Firstly, messed up booking tickets and got stuck in the middle of the Kingsland. The Northam/Kingsland corner and the Itchin corner did us proud...shame the rest of the crowd prefer sitting in a library.found it very hard sitting down and clapping politely.
    Secondly, what a fantastic game of football between teams playing football the right way. Anyone who went to Stoke will know what I'm talking about
    Thirdly, blaming Kelvin for dropping points are very harsh when the likes of Steve Davis continued to show that he couldn't hit a barn door from close range.
    Fourthly, Mane looks to have found a position, just behind Pelle that really suits him but for God sake will our coaches get him to stay on his damn feet. Hasn't he realised that he won't get any important decisions if he constantly hits the floor every time he gets the ball
    And finally, Harry Kane? If he is the future of English football then God help us. What a cart horse?

11. fatletiss

Dark Lord,

A bit harsh on Kane. Having a cracking season, but we just didn't give him a sniff.

Mane - yes, he needs to stop going down quite so easily, but he is looking like a cracking player, more and more!

12. SAINTDON13

Sorry if some of us Kingslanders don't meet your criteria as football fans, but we would rather enjoy our football with a bit of class and decorum rather than behave like a bunch of giberring gibbons, each to their own of course, but most of those around me are veteran supporters who haven't lost their enthusiasm, but are just a bit long in the tooth and have lost the ability to be jumping up and down, the rattle of dentures, and rattling of hearing aid batteries can be deafening at times.

13. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

If I jump up and down my incontinence pad comes loose and slips down my trouser leg.

14. fatletiss

Are you sure that's the pad slipping down your leg?

15. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Don't worry Saintdon, this retired old fart will return to block 38 with the rest of the gibbering gibbons leaving you to your polite applause

16. SAINTDON13

Thank goodness for that, careful you don't trip over the incontinence pads!

Dark Lord SFC likes this.
  17. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Sunderland fans getting their thoughts on next week in early <laugh>

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/we-will-beat-southampton.1068413/

Seem a broken lot up there

18. Le Tissier's Laces

19. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

The best keeper in England? Be quiet.

20. Le Tissier's Laces

I was making the point that all keepers make mistakes, as Hart had done as I posted, not comparing him overall to Davis. Do keep up.