1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Spammers away

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Mar 4, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We were lucky to get a win against Bilic & Co back in August last year.

Spammers run has improved a lot in the recent 10 or so matches. They made important signings in January - Payet especially.

Our boys should be up for this.

By all means I will start with Zouma over Cahill any given day. Rest can be usual 11.

Lets extend the lead to 17 pts.. up the blues!!

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

17..... Stan are you from a different time zone.

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Abu's I don't consider anyone but Jose as our title rival.

If we win Monday it will give us 17 pt lead up top.

Don't even bother considering City, Pool or Goons as our title rivals.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

That still leaves Spuds who are 10 behind bud.

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Abu's I have total faith in our spuds to screw up their 5th place trophy let alone title talk <whistle>

6. The Ginger Marks

West Ham striker Carroll and Antonio doubtful according to sources.

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Antonio is suspended. Caroll usual injury threat.

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Spuds cruising with 2 great gifts from Koeman & Co. Still managed to almost fcuk up.

5th will be great accomplishment for them.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Stan , as always , I love your positivity !! But Harry Kane looks like having something to say about Spuds season. That boy is dynamite right now, only 23, been playing 1st Team since he was 19. Conte please take note. Tammy Abraham ???

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Back to West Ham, normal 1st team to start for mine, though Hazard may be a slight doubt, so Willian comes in? That won't weaken us, he's great.
    If it goes well, then hopefully the subs will get some more minutes than usual. No risks though, every game we win takes us closer to being mathematically uncatchable. That's when I'll relax.
    Hate predictions , but...............2-1 to us.

11. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Have bad feeling in my waters about this one. Hope i'm wrong.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Me too. With City and Spurs both winning yesterday, this could be the game to blow the title race back open. Hope I'm wrong but spammers away under the lights is not ideal...it's their cup final.

13. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

A defeat today would at least keep things interesting but the title is very much in the bag. We both have pretty easy run-ins (on paper at least) - your only stand-out fixture in terms of difficulty being a trip to Old Trafford to face the Special Once. City have a horrendously difficult run of games the other side of the FAC quarters, with a trip to Monaco followed by PL games against Liverpool, Arsenal and you. If they can emerge from that with maximum points, they stand a chance but I doubt they will. From a neutral perspective it would be great to keep the chase alive until the bitter end - makes for such an exciting end to the season. But let's be honest, you have no European commitments, a squad full of players with title-winning experience (invaluable) and a manager who just doesn't let pressure get to him (also invaluable).

Naas Blue likes this.
  14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Don't get me wrong, we are in a very good position and are clear favourites. Just think there is a twist or two coming. Spurs and City look good at the moment and I'm cautious by nature!

15. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I don't think we're ready to win the league. Still a very young team with a very young manager learning year on year. Our starting XI is good enough to beat anyone but the wider squad is sorely lacking. Beyond 4-5 squad players Poch trusts the rest about as far as he can throw them. We'll need to address this in the summer.

I'd be delighted with a top 4 finish and a run to the FAC final. Next year will be a horrendously tough year playing our 'home' games at Wembley. When you look at the records being broken almost every week by our home record this season, it only underscores just how much we'll miss the Lane.

Levy's game since day one has been 'slow and steady wins the race', and I personally have very, very high hopes for the 2018-19 season. New stadium designed with atmosphere in mind, increased revenue and (hopefully - if we can keep this group of players together) multiple players all hitting their peak at the same time.

16. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Ive been reading some pre-match press opinions on what to expect and there's a couple who feel Chelsea will find it a very big plus playing in Hammers new stadium . I'm wondering what advantage this brings to us apart from the fact that WHU are still in settling in mode!

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'd rather be playing at the Olympic Stadium tonight than Upton Park that's for sure.

18. chelsea - over 100 years of history

We're in a similar position really. We only really use 14-15 players regularly in the league games but many have been there and done it; which can have a big factor in the run in.

I feel like Spurs really need to win a domestic cup first to really get the ball rolling with a title win but then you look at Leicester and anything can happen.

Spurs are improving all the time but really need to keep that spine together, and the wing backs.

19. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Quietly confident about tonight.Wondering if Cesc will start again,our best player against swans.

20. The Ginger Marks