1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sparkey's Bet

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by FrankfurterBlue, Apr 13, 2017.

1. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

What's that latest, Sparkey, on the Swans down/Leeds up bet? Value must be up a bit recently?

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

OK Sausageman - remember, you asked for it!!!...........<laugh>

Because Monk went to Leeds in the summer after being sacked by the Swans, for a laugh I stuck just 2 quid pre-season on a double of him to take Leeds up and pass the Swans coming down the other way. At the time it was 12/1 for Leeds to go up and 4/1 for the Swans to go down giving me £130 return.

At the start, the Swans were under Guidolin and were very average but Leeds were worse crap and it looked like Monk was going to get the elbow from Cellini and the bet disappeared from the screen - and then they beat us at the CCS. <doh>

Then Leeds went on a run, the Swans ditched Guidolin and brought in that Yank as manager and bombed - the cash out option started to rise.......heaven! <laugh>

Then the Yank was elbowed, Clements brought in and it looked good down there for them for a while (not so much at the moment) whilst the autos were out for Leeds and it looks they'll have to do it through the playoffs.

The cash out figure fluxuates with every result and at the moment that 2 quid stands at £13.62. I'm not taking the option because for just 2 quid it's a great sideline entertainment through the season.

Mind you if it ever gets to something like 50 quid I'll have to have strong nerves........<laugh>

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

After Leeds draw yesterday, cash out down to £11.82.

Let's see what happens after the Swans result at Watford this afternoon.

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Sparky. Cash the bet in. Its just not worth wanting Leeds to win the play offs.

I think id rather lose the money and watch them get beaten and see Tin Tins face of defeat.

Jay-Rede and Stevoldinho like this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Just can't do it Hilts.

The anguish of seeing Leeds going up is outweighed by the thought of the Jacks coming down...........<laugh>

6. Hilts24

I think the Jacks will survive. Their problem is their fans are waving the white flag. But with Sig and Llorente they have 2 quality players who should make a big difference and keep them up. Their support should look at the backing Palace are giving their team.

Next season could be a complete nightmare for them minus those 2. Could be looking at a Derby type points total.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Not so sure about that. The Clements bubble seems to have burst recently, or at least sprung a leak.

Two good players can make all the difference at Championship level and below, but in the Prem they'd have to be world class to carry an average team.

As good as Sig and Llorente are, they are going to have a hard time unless some of the others step up to the mark.

It looks like a straight choice between Hull or them to go down with the two below them. Both are away today and whoever comes away with the most points (if any) will take more than just the points in terms of a boost.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Cash out now gone up to £13.17 after the Swans got beat this afternoon at Watford.

9. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

It has to be even lower now mate since Weeds loss against W*nky Wanderers? <laugh>

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Down to £9.32 now Jay. <wah>

11. Jay-Rede

Slipping pal. As much as I'd love to see you have a success story, I really can't wish Leeds well <laugh>.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That's the one drawback of a winning bet.........<laugh>

13. Jay-Rede

And I just can't see the Jacks being unlucky.. I've said it all along since Brad Bobbley took over at the White Sox they will come out of this smelling of roses.

14. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Swans lose to Stoke and Leeds back up into play-offs and time to jump ship, I reckon. Swans may well drop but Leeds for sure won't survive the play-offs.

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Aye, but will the Swans actually lose to Stoke, and will Leeds ever get back to the playoffs? - that's what makes it so interesting. <ok>

16. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Leeds run in is not daunting whereas Weds & Fulham have to play each other so that unfortunately helps Leeds.

This years play off teams are so average. Reading for crying out loud and Leeds. <doh>

Hope Huddersfield win it.

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

........and definitely Huddersfield for me as well - especially if the Swans stay up.

If they go down, I might change my mind for financial reasons during the playoffs though.....<whistle>

18. Hilts24

Sorry Sparkey But im glad this has gone down.

Poor Leeds.<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

And Tin Tin for the axe.:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Think the Jacks will be safe for 1 more season. They were robbed today.Rashford should get a ban.

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Must admit I'm with you there - sod the 2 quid......<laugh><laugh>