1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurlock's Gym

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 10, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

****ing balancing act can't be too nice, can't slap the bitch if she's out of line. I dunno life eh.

Highburyal and Sharpe* like this.
  2. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I am on one of them but its hard work.

Get a few messages from mingers and the odd message back from better looking ones.

I struggle getting motivated by messaging a girl online.

Difficult to get your personality across. It is shallow.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I play golf at the weekend, which is a hilly five mile walk, play squash once a week to a good standard and go to the gym two or three times a week when I'm working away.

Motivation is that I'm getting the wrong side of young (a long way) and need to fight the inevitable gut and tyre round the waist. I've not got a pot, which is an achievement seeing as I love a pint, but I can feel the battle is getting harder. Belly fat is the worst thing, if anything with me it's now all about diet as I do plenty all round exercise.
    I managed to put 9lbs on over Christmas but that should be back off again by end of this month all being well. Then I start again with the target, which is 14.5 stones.
    You'd think I'm a fat lad at that weight but I'm not, honest. It's all ****ing power!!!

The other motivation is I'm curious as to whether I can get my head round the running thing, I find it boring to be honest and most of the time stop because of that rather than being knackered. Like I said in the Christmas thread, I just want to be able to run 10k and then see how I go.

I'm also going to get back into the mountains now my two boys are old enough for me to flog them vertically!!

A mate of mine has started Crossfit, and there's one down where I work, but not sure I'm down with the happy clappy team work bit of it. I'm very much a sole trainer.

Lovearsenalcock and Sharpe* like this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah I bet it's not as easy as it looks. I imagine it's easy enough if you lower your standards and just want a jump though.

Sharpe* likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's not to attract birds with me as I'm a fanny magnet anyway.

<ok>

Sweats, Lovearsenalcock and luvgonzo like this.
  6. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

True. But at 29 I cant be arsed with shagging mingers who want more.

Maybe on a night out I guess but at a push.

7. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

I used to do a lot of road running messed up joints and find it painful running on the road so stopped, football was the thing when I was younger then gave that up. I have been doing Wing Chun for many moons now and concentrate on my Wing Chun only at the moment and that in itself is a proper work out, although I did join the gym a year ago to be more fitter and lean (not big) for my Wing Chun and only turned up 3 times maybe over a year, just find gym really boring cant get my mind on it at all....

I hate healthy foods but I do eat it a fair bit otherwise it kills me when training! I end up forking out around 20pounds for gym, 65pounds for Wing Chun membership and fair bit of private Wing Chun lessons a month 45pounds per hour, end up doing 3-4 a month! I should really cancel the gym as I don't even turn up these days but I keep forgetting as its DD, since I am talking about it now I might just call and cancel it actually <whistle>

8. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

9lb over Christmas? ****ing great effort <ok>

Yeah I'm dreading keeping it off into the thirties/forties and fifties.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Puts me off when they want to be wined and dined, they can suck dick and go home, got no time for wining and dining.

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I've got about a stone to shift to get back to my fighting weight.

I tend to put weight on in the winter months due to lack of activity, and I shed it at this time of year. As soon as the nights draw out I'm generally active outdoors so I find it easy to keep off during the summer.

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You sound like a bit of a pussy to me.

Naaah, just kidding Flanders. Running seems like such a chore. I try to get my lad going with me, really it's so that he motivates me. I've been considering joining kick boxing classes. I want my body to return to the Adonis look asap.

12. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

lolz....

Running is good way to get the stress out mate and also all round exercise, I used to do it after work, go for a 30-45 mins run, depends where you live I can put you in touch with some Wing Chun teachers and they will make you work and lose your current title of being obese, although you might need a tummy tuck from the obesity clinic:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Mate you have to motivate yourself, trust me no one else can do that for you and that's how I find it to be honest. I go training in the winter days and some of the guys I go with sometimes pull out because its cold and so on and in the end I stopped asking people if they are training on the day I just went and who ever is there is there kind of thing...

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  13. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

I used to play Squash good few years back, loved it and its a really good exercise in itself, used to do it once a week three sessions of 45mins. The guy I used to play with was really good, then he moved out of London and I eventually stopped as well.

Do you do running in the gym? I find that boring but outdoor running I love but it messes up your joints a fair bit and that's what happened to me!

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Correct and this thread is the start of it. Thanks for the offer for the Wing Chun, I'll bare that in mind.

I've got a studio in my gym too, you can amuse us by doing your thing in there.

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Eat healthy? I reckon with me if I stop getting munchies, it would help the sweet cravings. Stop eating my chocolates and I'm half way there.

16. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

Im quite motivated on the fitness front.

When I train for sparing or to gain fitness I will do a pyramid routine.

after a warm up I do.

Kickback 1 min hands only
    5 Press ups, 5 sit ups 5 burners
    Kickbag 2 min feet only
    10 pressups etc
    Kickbag 3 min hands and feet
    20 pressups etc

then Im knackered so I stretch out.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I surf, cycle, walk, swim and do Yoga. I also run a health food business so I deal with a lot of people who have dietary difficulties with Sugar, wheat, gluten, dairy etc. I'm no Angel myself and I love my food, so I'm probably a bit overweight but for me there's a compromise between enjoying your life and your food and being too strict that you don't enjoy your vices ;)

The surfing is a massive cardiovascular work out. It takes a lot of energy and strong muscles, with explosive bursts of energy and long intense periods of sustained exercise (paddling out on big days) It's also a great lesson in learning to breathe, relax and control your heart racing. Because on big days, you can get 30/40 second hold downs. It might not sound like much, most people can hold their breath for that long, but when you are being tumbled around and pushed to the seabed, not knowing what way is up or down, then you need to relax and conserve oxygen. Most people drown because they panic, which uses up their oxygen, then they take a breath and inhale water.

Cycling is a more of a sustained activity, with spikes in output and then some periods of relative rest (downhill) I do about 10 miles 3x per week. All offroad on a MTB, it's a mix of coastal path, moorland, downhill tracks, with two or three steep climbs over about 800ft from sea level. I have a Mr T sticker on my bike that says 'Keep peddling fool' This is my mantra when my lungs are burning climbing steep hills and I want to stop and get off an push. There's a term in cycling called 'The Bonk', it's nothing like as pleasant at it sounds. It basically means hitting a wall (not literally) when you feel that you cannot do another pedal stroke. I found a long time ago, that there's another level if you push past it that is almost like tapping into a universal energy. It sounds a bit 'out there' but it's real, and I tap into in Surfing too, which can be a lifesaver.

Swimming is a great option when the weather is crap, my local pool is only a 15m pool though so it's a bit short, but I tend to swim about half a mile when I go. There's a sauna there too, so I reward myself for a non stop half mile with 20 mins in the sauna afterwards.

The Yoga is just to help stay flexible, learn to breathe properly and to warm up and down correctly. I don't do it to any great level of expertise, it's more just stretching. Buy my wife is a Yoga instructor, so she's always doing it around the house, so it's hard not to join in really. Other than that walking the dog twice a day, first thing in the morning and again in the evening, gets me out and about to. Can't stand Gym's, joined one once and I was bored to tears.

Oh and some days I just like to slob around on the sofa eating crisps. :)

18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I generally eat healthy'ish most of the time, when I'm on a detox or trying to shift a few pounds live on soup, fruit and veg.

19. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

I thought you did some martial arts Kustard? that's some pussy training KKK:emoticon-0126-nerd::emoticon-0102-bigsm

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

as things currently stand, I think I've got a lot of hard work ahead of me.