1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurlock's Ramadan diary

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Cheers G4E...Day 2 now......i dont know how i manage it either....it's one of them things..if you dont participate..you miss the vibe..it's that Faith thing again....makes you do alot.

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I know Anelka used to stop getting picked during Ramadan for some of the clubs he played for. I suppose its up to the individual...they have to train everyday etc. If i was a footballer id get a juicy two footed challenge in and get myself a straight red...thats 3 weeks covered.

PINKIE, Skylarker and gooner4ever like this.
  3. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

How long does the festival (is that the right word) last and does everyone adhere to it

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

So...ate at 9.25 last night.

Wasn't particularly hungry...a nibble..was thirsty though...roast chicken, potatoes and Broccoli, cold water down your throat mmmmm. Mosque was at 11, was back for 12.30....had a cheeky spliff..hehe....filled up with some more liquid...water, milk...had a bowl of cereal...bed.

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You could call it that..everyone refers to it as Ramadan. Will take place for 30 days, no eating between sunrise and sunset, basically.With the end of it being celebrated on a day referred to as Eid (you will have heard of it no doubt)

Not everyone adheres to it, Children, pregnant women, the ill, the traveller and the elderly are exempt from it. There are alot of people that will have other reasons to not Fast. I never judge anyone as we dont know what their problem is. Some cant do it because they just cant adhere to it due to their weaknesses being too overpowering. People cant give up smoking etc...personal battles....however that is not a valid reason..that is a problem for the individual. If you miss your fast for an invalid reason then you have to give to the poor enough to feed 60 mouths per Fast you miss.

gooner4ever likes this.
  6. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

You werent hungry and you ate all that food? To top it off a spliff tut tut haram haram!

7. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I'm just having some eggs on toast as we speak, with a pint of freshly squeezed orange juice.

Mrs going out later so I'm off to the pub for a few pints and a burger in a while.

EDIT: Wrong thread. ooops.

SpursDisciple likes this.
  8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

how do you know how big the portions were?

knobhead

Skylarker likes this.
  9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Tobes, gooner4ever and Skylarker like this.
  10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's always the big problem with me - particularly in the morning. I am not hungry but know I have to eat and take on plenty of liquids to get me through the day. I can eat, pray, sneak a quick hour in bed before getting up for work and not remember what I had to eat for Sahur! Normally a very light breakfast guy so forcing down steak, chips and veggies at 4.00am is quite an effort. However from experience if you have a carbohydrate rich meal early you feel hungrier during the day. Here we tend to break the fast with sugar rich drinks (coconut juice, fresh coconut, syrup and tape(from cassava) and snacks/dates, pray and then have a more normal evening meal.

Got a gym session with personal trainer after Maghrib tomorrow so that should be interesting.

11. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Skylarker should retort with a clip from the same film where Leo is completely off his face and can't walk and drives his car - which is so funny, when he wakes up and thinks he was alright and then reality kicks in

PINKIE and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Exactly...thats why i just grab some cereal...treat it like breakfast then back to bed. As i get older i naturally just cant eat as much...however my patience levels have improved so i take it on the chin a bit more...ultimately..i know i am going to suffer during the day.

So no Carbs during Sahur?

Good luck with the Gym session..ive been pondering going for a light jog about half an hour before Iftar...toughen my body that extra bit. However im just at the thinking stage yet.

13. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

Yours is always big portion fatty lol

PINKIE and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  14. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

Where youbget the time to do all that! Barely get to sit down after maghrib before going to mosque for isha!

15. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

whats for iftar today fatty?

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

im making some brown/savoury rice with Lamb...my boy requested it..need to get to the shops..you?

PINKIE likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Really admire the ability to be strict enough to fast every day for 30 days. I would make the worst Muslim ever. I'm like a bear with a sore head if I don't get my breakfast.

Plus I love Bacon Butties, so that would be me ****ed.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  18. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Fasting today hasn't been too bad, actually. Maybe it's just me, but throughout the day, time has gone pretty quickly.

Weather's been a lot cooler than yesterday so it is certainly easier for me to cope this time!

19. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

mines chick peas, some lentils, fruits and some kichri......bits of everything and im done...

20. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

Thing is though, it all comes down to the reasons you are doing it for in the end...

I you feel strongly enough about somethinh then you can overcome anything really..