1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs - one man team?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by jonny 'hasen' shuttle, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

I personally think Pooh has actually done a pretty good job at spurs and has created an identity for the team with the youth and several english prospects now coming through.

Trying to be objective here but do people think he has done a good job or not? I've read a few pieces saying their a but of a one man team but i dunno...

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

3. fatletiss

Eriksson?

4. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

luckily we'll be playing with 11

5. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

well it aint Ronny Rosenthal!

6. fatletiss

or Eriksson?

7. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Pochettino is a good manager. He's qualified to manage a top half side, and that is what he is managing, and he has them playing to that level.

Is he a GREAT manager and/or will have he have the resources to take the team a step up? I'm a little skeptical. But he should be given another year at least to see. Their final standing won't be much different than last year, but look beyond that and I think the present team has more potential and a better core to build on for future. He got some guys in line, shipped some guys out, now has a young superstud in Kane...

If I were a Spurs fan, I'd be pretty happy with him so far..

8. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

“In our 130-year history, Liverpool are the only club we have never finished above,” Grant says. “When we came second in 1984, Liverpool were the champions. To finish above them and Spurs would be perfect.”

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  9. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Apparently Spurs fans have issues with his lack of plan B, they just need a good transfer window, Pochettino bought in some crap and they also have plenty of deadwood.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

He is a one trick pony....great trick, but relies on all players being super fit all of the time and not breaking down. I was happy at the time and wanted him to stay, but definitely happier with Koeman. As Ronald said, his style is less physical and depends more on defence.

11. FdsaJoe

FdsaJoe Member

Really disagree, Kane has been superb but Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris are a top quality spine of players who would get into most teams.

12. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

lloris is great. Let them have J-rod in swap deal?

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  13. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

They have three stand out players albeit Eriksen has tailed off. Spurs have played a lot of games and I think they have been quite lucky with few injuries to key players, I mean if Kane got injured would they be in a similar situation to us?

14. I wish we'd gone for Koeman - I said so at the time - but I'm happy enough with Poch. We need to cut out some of our silly defensive errors, which have cost us top 4, this season. Having said that, I think we wasted so much money on LOLdado and Lame-la, that it's going to take us some time to recoup that in the transfer market. If we can keep bringing through youth players like Kane and Mason, it will help us massively, though.

15. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

Its funny though that Pochettino (if rumours are ever correct) wanted to offload Kane to us in part exchange for Rodrigues. His judgement of the player was so good that he didn't select him until November!

That said, he is a decent manager and Kane is an excellent player. Although, I think he needs to have a good next season before we can say for sure.

16. It was Sherwood who gave Kane his break. When Poch came he, we reverted back to trying to use LOLdado and Ade-bye-bye, but they were both so ****ing useless that Poch was forced to go back to Kane.

Libby and fatletiss like this.
  17. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about Gareth Bale :D

fatletiss likes this.
  18. fatletiss

Yep. Sherwood did it and MP waited until he had no choice. Media will conveniently forget that, like they forget that Gareth Bale was half way to Nottingham to sign on loan with Forest when Arry had to call him back because his two left backs were injured. Harry gets lorded for bring in Bale, yet he hadn't seen enough in training to play him until he had to.

19. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

I thought Sherwood was responsible for the resurrection of Adebayors career?
    The fact is that had Jay Rod of been fit then Kane would be Southampton player where he would spend all week in Fonte's pocket

20. Sherwood did bring Ade-bye-bye back into the team, after the lazy bastard had been demoted to the reserves by AVB (which is where he belonged), and Ade did manage a mini-revival, of sorts. But it didn't last, as we all witnessed. Even Sherwood got pissed off with him, which is why he turned to Kane.