1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Squad watch

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by mexijan, May 9, 2013.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh dear,oh dear we've missed out on Rory Fallon........moved from Aberdeen to St Johnstone.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If they sign him then maybe there is hope for Chadwick as well. Do they need a partner for him.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Tiverton Town 0-1 Argyle FT........ah...um.... Feeney.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rene Howe signed by Burton.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

OK the senior squad have played two and won two.......4 goals for and none against.

Two matches against tiddlers.....we've used something like twenty players......4 or 5 are out injured at present.

Sheridan using them as training exercises and formation checks.

What is becoming evident is although we dominated these games against weaker teams.....goals are hard to come by....and two that we have scored have been penalties.

What worries me is that todays scorer was Feeney who has been woefully inadequant as a goalscorer against league opposition....this doesn't fill me with much hope.

Ok the conditions were very hot today and though we dominated and obviously had more of the ball the opposition didn't fold in the heat.

The fact was that Sheridan took note of some short comings that stronger opposition would have punished us for.

Playing soft opposition cannot be of much benefit accept in getting some training mileage under the belt.......when we play MK Dons and Yeovil we might be shown up for not being ready to compete........and the next game will be in the league against Southend after that.......and we need a good start to the season for a change.

I still don't see where the goals are coming from........as I have said above already Rene Howe has gone to Burton.....how can they afford such a goalscorer ???

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Worrying talk over the possibility of Feeney being offered a contract.......that is a step backwards.....Feeney & Chadwick are the past....we need to move foreward....we are still lightweights in the attacking area and need another goalscorer.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The only talk about Feeney is coming from websites and definately isn't coming from Sheridan plym. All he offered Feeney was a chance to train with and take part in preseason games. Feeney is a trialist with no contract on the table. I personally don't think he will be offered one but as Sheridan hadn't seen much of him last term it is a courtesy gesture. You should know by now that certain other sites revel in the negative.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been looking at the Gos pictures taken at the Tiverton game.......I'm sorry but Argyle in Man C blue is too hard to contemplate.....just isn't right....who's stupid idea was that ?

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bath v Argyle......half-time.....0-0.......sounds pretty poor.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Ended 0 - 0 apparently and the end of the world is no longer nigh it has arrived if you listen to some. Based on these 3 games so far we are doomed. Such comments as substandard players, no investment, you know the usual stuff. Fact that the entire league 2 hasn't bought any players has got nothing to do with it and it's just Argyle that haven't invested. Nobody, or hardly anyone, buys players in this league but lets not let that get in the way of a decent mank opportunity. It's not that inspiring but it is hardly Rome burning just yet.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Eyebrows raised last night at the Bath Stalemate when Ryan Dickson wasn't in the squad.

Rumour has it that Sheridan has not continued his trial,....because the Jason Banton and Matt Parsons loan deal is back on.

It would help fill the vacant Left-back position and the return of Banton with his goal scoring ability in this lower league would certainly be welcomed.

The failure to score more goals against these lower non-league teams is a concern and Banton ended up top scorer in less than a quarter of a season last year would be a welcomed return.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Jason Banton goes to Mk Dons on a 6 month loan.........Palace preferred Banton to go to a higher league than Div2 to gain more experience.......disappointing but understandable.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Strong rumour going around that Accrington Stanley's top scorer (10 goals) last season Romuald Boco 28yrs old is joining Argyle and will be having a medical later today.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Romuald Boco has signed a 1yr contract.......it seems he is comfortable playing anywhere in midfield and is a strong ninety minute player.....defending or attacking.....and can score goals.....sounds a good buy......although he played for Accrington.....you wonder why he hasn't played higher in the leagues....there seemed to be Div1 teams after him ?

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He looks quite good on youtube.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I remember thinking that American striker we had on loan a while back looked good on YouTube......

Note to Sensible:

YouBend - thing that takes foul waste away from your sink or toilet
    YouTube - YouBend for the digital age

17. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Added to squad seems to be rated by Acc fans, strange career path but promising signing. Banton to Dons so was needed. Still a long way to go before I put the noose away.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Hello all, how we all enjoying the sun?

I have been away and have tried to keep up with all the goings on... not much. still the same i see.

I was speaking to a friend today who plays for Tiverton and did so on Saturday against Argyle, he lives in Plymouth!!

He said they were very poor and disappointing.. he told me that he thinks it will be the same as last year on what he has seen as he watched them at Elburton also.. he predicts no better than bottom half and that is at the best. i thought we may do better and be amongst the top teams... not so sure now

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I notice that the reports of Banton going to MK Dons....call him Dale ?........is that his official first name ?

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I saw that plym and thought it wasn't the one we had. Till I switched on the machine that is. Bit disappointing I suppose as it was being touted as a done deal previously. Still is what it is so we get on with it.

I never look any of these players up anywhere notdistant. Not that bothered what they have done elsewhere it's what they do here that counts. I agree with your definition though. Even I could be made to look good on youtube if they took enough pictures.