1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve cotterill down

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Gotta say after listening to SC his persona, and body language was well and truly down.
    He is in for a rough ride in the championship if it goes pear shaped.

Who do you blame the manager or the directors.

We as fans were so excited after last years success on two fronts.
    We waited for our return to the championship with excitement.
    Today we wait a week until the new season starts with major concerns of a strong enough squad to deal with a long hard season ahead.
    Clearly SC is not a happy bunny with his lot,sadly he will get the brunt of it when it goes pear shaped.
    Our expectation have well and truly dropped over the last couple of months.
    The feel good factor has diminished as quick as it arrived.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Same feelings here Red Robin.

3. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Still timeā€¦.

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

It has not gone wrong yet

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

"Clearly SC is not a happy bunny with his lot"

What the same starting 11 bar one player that played the majority of time last season?

**** sake
    Osborne left only played once in a blue moon
    JET left not a regular starter however replaced with a 2 million recruit
    Wade Elliott left but was not starting towards the end,
    Cunningham left not a regular starter.
    Agard injured see JET
    The others were loan players, that if I remember a few didn't rate.

We will be starting next week with the same players that gave us last season a young team that could step up, we are short on subs. But to have a successful academy you need to believe in it, just maybe there are a few to come through like Joe Bryan.

As Simon says nothing's gone wrong YET!!

There is still a week to go, maybe something will happen then. If not there is still 31 days left before the transfer window shuts.

smhbcfc likes this.
  6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Rod the first eleven will do well,it is strength in depth that is our problem.take any of the first eleven out who is good enough to replace them.

go on have a go RoD,

The answer from what i have seen is none.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Goal keeper nothing really wrong in the one who played in Portugal as a back up. This position is covered all season as you can emergency loan
    Defence can be re shuffled if needed to include Al Abd (who only us don't rate) and possible the new player from Torquay and Ireland (neither seen but who knows might be the next Joe Bryan) also option to recall Osborne.

Midfield can be re shuffled to include Burns, Reid and Wagstaff, (cue Redprint giving his opinion, who likes to believe he's always correct, but 90% talks bollocks)

Forward line choose from Kodjia, Wilbraham, Agard and possibly Burns if required

Might not set the world alight but might keep us ticking till we get the players we want.

8. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Speaking to our kit man at Yeovil the other evening, he says at least two of the up & coming youngsters are all ready good enough for the squad.

9. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

If we lose Flint, Smith, Freeman or Fielding we will have major problems that could result in a serious slide. In this league the difference between 4th and bottom can be a couple of positions which are under strength. A couple of injuries and we are in trouble.
    The fault would lie at the door of the 'politician' who prevented us signing new players at the end of last season.

We should have recruited for the Championship at the first opportunity

Big John - you win nowt wi kids

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  10. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

WE have a squad that sat apart from a lot of league 1 and SC is right, that those players ought to be given a chance- I would be pretty peeved if I had played like we did last season, just to be replaced without being given a chance-

We are a bit thin on the ground, back up wise and a few injuries could leave us exposed, but I am confident that plenty has been going on behind the scenes regarding recruitment.

How often in the past have we got exited in the past about a signing only to find that they didn't come up to expectation. SC has said often that he will only sign players who will improve the squad.

11. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

Christ! I am a little worried by lack of signings at mo too, if we get injuries especially, but I said a few weeks back, I wondered how long before the doom and gloom mongers moved in if we started games badly, and we've not started the new season yet proper and everyones acting like its the end of the world already. yeah we are worried but be patient, and I'm telling all City fans now..........

Your worrying and moaning and groaning will filter down to the team and it will 'NOT HELP AT ALL' please try to stay positive and GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM!

RedorDead likes this.