1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Cotterill to Hold Fire on Loan Signing.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Oct 1, 2015.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It all get's very confusing at times, first we're told...
    STEVE Cotterill is not about to bolster his squad by making a new loan signing any time soon.

Then we are told..
    Bristol City's manager remains in the market for a striker and a midfield player and has until the final Thursday in November to supplement a squad that has been hit by injuries.
    But he is currently biding his time and will definitely not be making a move in the emergency loan window.

Then we are told..
    While admitting the need for new players, Cotterill claimed that the "right players" are not currently available at "the right price."

Then we are told..
    "We are always desperate for the right player at the right price and at the right time. Now is the right time, but there is not the right player or the right player at this moment.
    "All of those factors have to be taken into consideration. We look to try and strengthen the squad every day of the week. There are always discussions going on."

Then I'm sorry but the truth comes out..
    He added: "At this moment in time, we only have one loan left and we have to be careful how we use that, especially when we are still looking at Mark Little's rehabilitation.
    "We just need to be very mindful of where that loan goes. Ideally, we would like another midfield player and we would like another striker.
    "But they might not come in that order, because it is about what you need right now."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTO...tterill-hold/story-27904197-detail/story.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

That's it in a nut shell then, we can only sign one more loanee, a striker and a midfielder are ideally needed but we have no idea when, who or what we are signing if we do and we can justify the cost.

No further down the bleedin' road than we were then, role on January 2016 and keep everything crossed.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We're being fed bullshit from one of the most uncommunicative clubs I have known and it is further proof, if you ever needed it, that we are not prepared to offer as much as a whimper to deflect the blows facing us this season. I will confess my disrespect for the club when I saw we did absolutely nothing in the summer to build on last season's success and now we can forget about the kind of signings we hoped to see after the supposed transfer targets we went after just before the campaign kicked off for real fell down the drain.

Recently some of our posters have claimed that we don't belong in this division and now that the cold hard truth is staring me right between the eyes it is as clear as day that those sentiments are actually spot on the mark. When I look at the parachute payments made to many of our opponents this year it makes me quake at how and when we ever stand the chance of something good happening down at Ashton Gate? Smoke and mirrors will not get the job done and I dread to think what condition the club and our supporters will be in when I return to Canada in 4 weeks.

Perhaps spending a month in areas of the world where I will not have the constant stream of useless information invading my space might be good for my soul but will not help my football club in yet another confusing time for us all. All we ask for is dedication to the task that they fought hard to achieve but to show up at the party not knowing the rules and making up constant excuses is unforgivable. See you all later in October.

4. invermeremike

Didn't the folks up at the Florists warn us about this?

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I wonder if now would be a good time to sign SOD .. .. .. :emoticon-0100-smile :emoticon-0143-smirk <yikes>

6. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Short memories - this bloke delivered the best season I've ever had in football (and I'm over 50)

RedorDead likes this.
  7. invermeremike

I agree smhbcfc but this is a different level altogether. Let's hope that he's up to the job and I think if he is allowed to sign the players he feels we need then we could progress.

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

What a **** summer we had?

Got a player in from France who is as it seems to everyone's liking, and looks like he's going to be a bargain and that is with him also being our most expensive ever signing

Got one of our if not biggest assets to sign a very long contract extension.

Got 4 loanees

Bought one who ****ed off as rumours goes following a argument against one of our players disrupting the camp. As I said Rumour so no proof.

All that and still managed to keep the wage bill down.

But hey ho, he was great last season but a complete lying **** this season.

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

10. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

It was a **** summer ROD. Not one of our loans so far look to have added quality to the team, Not sure why we have Robinson...

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

It might well of been, but in fairness no one had a magical crystal ball. We had targets first they wanted too much transfer fees then they didn't come here.
    But its done, it's October now we can't do **** all about it.

12. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Loose Saturday and the fats going to hit the fan boys.
    I think our manager is a puppet on a string being fed carp by the powers that be.
    Hold on to your hats Saturday ladies and gents it could get bumpy.

13. johngalleyfan2

and me been supporting since mid sixties first season back up JA's last

14. invermeremike

The most telling tale of the tape for me is not preparing what you spent all last season wanting to achieve, and that was promotion. Here we are not seemingly prepared or even willing to compete at the level we all wanted - sounds daft to me.

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one not blaming SC here ?
    The bloke clearly knew what he needed to bolster a L1 squad to make us competitive as this level, and openly admitted his frustrations in being unable to conclude deals in early Summer. The was before Lansdown piped up about how shocked he was at player prices and wages in the Championship, which I still think is one of the most ridiculous and immature statements from an owner I have ever heard and shows how amateurish and unprepared he was for what his manager had just handed him on a plate.
    So the question is, are SC's hands still being tied ?

16. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

How long will he be able to cling onto that? He had it piss easy in league 1 being able to play the same team and formation every week with zero injuries or problems playing the likes of Crewe and Crawley. Now teams are exploiting our formation he looks incapable of changing and adapting to a much tougher league.

17. johngalleyfan2

SIMILAR problem at Florest wasn't it? although as things panned out their were rumblings in the background as SOD WAS DOING WELL ( ish ) but left..

HE REALLY DOES NEED TO GET A HOLD .... but does he believe he has the players to play something else, worrying is the comment " playing someone we know".
    So is that 3-5-2 going into the break where they will work on something else? anything less than a draw on Sat will be a disaster!

18. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Honestly think no other manager would do better with the budget we have.
    Ayling and Williams aren't good enough in a Championship back 3 so he's brought in loans and I hope he's reminded our wing backs not to both 'go' together. 14 clubs are in receipt of some kind of parachute payment and I think it an almost impossible task he has to keep us in the Championship.
    My only moan with SC is bloody Fielding.

Another manager ? - not for me.