1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve L time to sell the club

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Steve L says he pays more than the fans,I will do as I like.
    I would suggest you do one Steve L without the fans you have nothing.

IMG_2182.PNG

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Nobody's bitten yet RR so why not me?

3. Red Robin

Just listened to the interview on Radio Bristol ,he talked some rubbish does Lansdown:emoticon-0130-devil

4. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Did not hear it, but I am sure his golden boy is going to be here for some time yet.

5. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

Not sure you can argue too much with what he said having listened to it.
    Yes he understands the fans put money into the club - but not as much as he does. Hard to disagree. LJ will remain head coach as long as I want him and if it goes wrong blame me. Can't really say much more than that can he? If we don't agree with his judgement then I guess stay away until something changes. Football clubs aren't really democracies so no surprise really.

BCFCRob likes this.
  6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

It may be, and certainly is deemed by many on here that it's a blinkered apporach to LJ by SL, and I tend to agree, however, I can't help but feel that in the modern day having a chairman who backs his manager is a rare and good thing - go back through various posts just this season alone on managers deemed to have been unfairly or harshly dismissed and almost everyone agrees that is not how a club should be run, yet scream for the very same thing to happen at City.

Do I wish we weren't in this position, of course I do and a lot of work needs to be done post season if we stay in the Championship. Too many players simply haven't been good enough this season and LJ and MA have some big big decisons to make in the summer;

Do we keep Tomlin, without doubt brillant on his day, however there have not been nearly enough of them, and when he's bad he's very bad and his poor distribution puts the team on the back foot (same reason JET was let go), same goes for Gary O'Neil, not been anywhere near the billing he came with, far too many games with a poor distribution rate, couple this with Tomlin in the middle of the park and it becomes a battle thats been frequantly and quickly lost for us this season, and the defence ends up over run, especially with the full/wing backs pressing on, we are quickly exposed at the back.

Is Joe Bryan good/consistent enough at this level. What de we do at RB, persist with Smith or Little?

How do we replace Tammy's goals - without him we would be dead and buried Rotherham style. Just don't see Engvall, Durjic and Taylor covering 20+ goals between them next season tbh.

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

'if it goes wrong blame me'

It's gone wrong Lansdown you twat, very very wrong !!!!!!!!!

And yes, a lot of us do blame you.

Red Robin likes this.
  8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

His intimatation is "wrong" = Div 1 .
    a big majority on here, pre season, were happy city finished mid table ... as it stands now we are 4 wins away from 56 points that would have put us there ... if they were against Brentford and Cardiff we would be well and truly there, 60 pts is likely final mid table lets see how close we get to that!55 pts would be less than 2 wins away!

9. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Nobody would buy the FC. It has few assets and its has a considerable loan outstanding of circa twenty million pounds.

The status quo is Mr Lansdown can do as he likes, and does and will.

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

sell? how?

11. Red Robin

Rumours are he influenced team selections.
    That is concerning.
    He has Bristol City by the short and curlys.
    I think this situation is a dangerous one to be in.

12. johngalleyfan2

WHY would he wish to sell? he has stated fairly clearly that it is an on going venture ... within the text of his RI states can live with going down !

13. johngalleyfan2

very poor rumours dreamt up by Sids mates dogwalker cousin twice removed, her great uncle Silas's sister caught behind the stand having a bit of nookie by her jealous third cousin shouted out " Im going to tell" and was heard by RR JUST AS SL WAS GETTING INTO HIS CAR!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  14. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

It may not be doing well as expected this season, I might be alone, but quite happy with our football club being in the hands of SL..
    To be in the hands of some foreign oil tycoon for a short time or when he's had enough of playing with his toy, is not for me..
    SL, multi billionaire who loves the club, trying to to the best for the club, built a lovely stadium and putting in the infrastructure for the future has my blessing..
    Yes, needs to learn by his mistakes (team managers), but all in all, safe pair of hands..

There will always be the moaners.....that's life!!

Alandicksthegreat likes this.
  15. Cliftonville

With respect in your posts you have frequently wanted to see more and more spending. This spending past income has created the current scenario where debt has been covered by Mr Lansdown taking ever more control of Bristol City FC. There is nothing left to sell. They are his short and curlies.

16. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Given the fan base, infrastructure, and the amount of money spent when compared to other clubs in this division, a top half finish should be the minimum to be delivered.

A foreign owner would also have kicked LJ's arse out of the club before Xmas. The trouble is now that the fan base is split and whatever Johnson does from here on in it will never be good enough for a lot of people (myself included) after results and performances this season. Aside from Rotherham we've lost the most games this season.

17. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

Where would we be without SL, he is BCFC, yes we should be doing better! Despite putting millions into our club he hasn't lost faith, why should we? We will survive!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  18. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

SL gets a lot of criticism, most of it warranted. But do I want him to leave? Never in a million years. The guy has us in a financial mess but it's his financial mess, all with the long-term aim of being self-sufficient should he ever walk away. We've effectively been gifted a new stadium and training ground, just think about how the club has been transformed since 2007.

I know results have not gone the way we wanted, but every club has been modernised massively over the last 20 years and we've had to do it just to play catch-up. I dread to think where we'd be without him.

19. Cliftonville

We doesn't come into it then.

His ownership of BCFC has been particularly unsuccessful. £100m invested (?) for seven seasons seasons in League one and eight in in the Championship.

You are right BCFC is Steve Lansdown.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  20. Cliftonville

In the interest of debate where do you think BCFC be without Steve Lansdown?

The FC is one of the worst performing in England. Financially .. A fact.

How would the FC be self-sufficient if Mr Lansdown walked away when it has no building based assets to create income from?

In answer to my own first question I would reply, owning the ground because the like of John Laycock would not put the FC into this position. Others have built stands, and there were costed plans (and a grant) to redevelop Ashton Gate previously, alongside tentative plans to build a stadium elsewhere.