1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve McLaren

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by niksboy, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glendragon

Glendragon Member

After 8 years of using and abusing this wonderful football club, and it's fans, I feel that no matter who MA brings in his game plan of mid table finish and no long cup runs will not alter.
    He may well buy player(s) this summer, not with the intent to push the club onwards and upwards, but to get in before Premiership money pushes player prices up.

If McLaren does come in he will not be allowed to recruit and will be hamstrung by the Boards policies the same as all who have gone before.

Unfortunately while MA runs our club it will always be more of the same.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  2. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

If it is Mclaren ..not bad .. could be a lot, lot worse. Personally Tuchel was the one I wanted (unrealisticly-ish)

Thing that gets me is that I am now so fecking gun-shy re the fat controller...Mclaren would almost be a relief to get ..A small step up from Pardew but not exactly the new broom that moves us radically forward (which is what we need) but at least Schteve isnt some zero contract SD placement scheme bloke (like Carver) and that is a small mercy.

3. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I can't call you mental as I still think Pardew was a decent to good manager.

I agree about McLaren being a good manager and one I'd be happy to see here. I only meant it in comparison to some of the names being mentioned on Twitter, calling for champions league winners to be appointed - which is never going to happen. I think McLaren is as good as any other manager we could realistically attract and agree that with backing he could do very well for us. As someone else has pointed out though - will he be given the backing? Not just by the club but by the fans!

4. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I think he would be given the backing by the fans. Is he a yes person though. We need a manager who will make sure the communication to the fans is not bullshit. The crap that pardew and now carver come out with mainly to appease the fat man was utterly cringe. I just want to enjoy the football again. Win lose or draw. I don't mind losing as long as we have played a game. Made an effort and the manager says positive things. The club has completely lost what football is about. It's an entertainment industry. Nothing more. And at present there is none.

5. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

And i don't want to see Williamson sameobi and gouffran or rivière pull on a shirt again. They are all gash players.

6. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I think that is a fair point. What put a lot of fans off Pardew was his incessant implicit support of Cashley's profit above everything else style of management. If Pardew had not kept spouting the party line then I think more fans would have had some sympathy for him. At some stage you have to stand up for your principles and Pardew never did or had the same principles as Cashley's which I don't think was the case.

7. Blind Corner

Blind Corner Active Member

If you appointed Mourinho with Pep Guardiola as his assistant you lot still wouldn't be happy, you'd find some way to hound them out, the same as you did to Sir Bobby.
    The worlds most deluded football supporters, you even think that Ashley will be bothered by a boycott, he's laughing his cock off, he already has your season ticket money and he isn't going anywhere until he gets the rest that you owe him.

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

There's been more hounding out of managers on Wearside than anywhere else I know.

You go through them like used tampons at the stadium of plight and have started already a couple of games in with the latest one (that's gotta be a world record?).

Are are you not able to see the pink seats?

please log in to view this image

9. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

The problem is that whoever our manager is will be a Yes man in public or they wont be our manager.

It's a sad state of affairs but its how it is. I don't believe for one second that pardew never challenged the party line in private, but there isn't a company in the world that would sit back and allow a manager to challenge the party line, or their direct bosses, in public. We have to get past that expectation which is asking a manager to effectively hand in his notice.

Hugh Briss likes this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I agree but for me as I said before Pardew should have made a stance well before he left. Especially when we finished fifth he was in as good a position as he ever likely was going to be to say to Cashley strengthen the team or I go. If he did, we didn't (just Anita) and neither did he.(he stayed)

Pardew was in a good position to seek a new job having taken us to fifth and could have found a new job relatively easily but no he was quite content to bow down and toe the party line. Everyone is different but I would have walked and found a new job where the owner actually let me manage. It was then that I lost respect for Pardew.

From then on Pardew was culpable for the slide which has subsequently followed.

Flash likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.