1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steven Taylor

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Heed, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Arms_Like_Calves

Arms_Like_Calves New Member

L8ers marra

2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Hes already injured again mate

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Steven Taylor says he felt like a “million dollars” on his return to the Newcastle side in their 1-0 win over West Brom.

The centre-half played the full 90 minutes alongside Fabricio Coloccini in his first competitive appearance since August, when he helped Newcastle keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford.

He says the adrenaline carried him through the game after so long on the sidelines and believes his assured performance has proven his critics wrong.

“I’m just glad to be back,” he said.

“And for me today the only thing was the three points. I’ve been waiting for my chance and my chance came today.

“Credit to the lads, it was a good performance.

“There are many years to come for me. I’m feeling good, I’ve got good people around us, keeping me fit and well now and that’s my main thing, just playing football and getting that hunger back.

“You’ve got to be hungry, and I’ve been dying to get out there for ages so I’m absolutely loving it.

“Today, it felt good. Everything about it, I felt a million dollars.

“You get some highs and lows, with injuries and little setbacks but I rise from that and I prove myself by training hard.

“I never sulk, that’s how I’ve always been brought up, to prove people wrong, prove everybody wrong.

“It’s nice for a lot of people to eat their words.”

“When you’re not playing you’re always going to written off. That’s how it is.

“But I get on with it – I like to prove people wrong, I’ve done that in all my years here, every time it comes round to contract negotiations, you’re always written off.

“So I just get on with it, I play with my heart and soul, and graft, and make sure we get a result.

Taylor added that he is equipped to cope with the pressure of being a Newcastle player.

“We need characters on the pitch, and when you play for Newcastle you need a bit of fruit and veg down there, you’ve got to hold your own,” he said.

“And that’s what I did today, I threw myself at everything.

“When you play for Newcastle there’s always pressure, that’s part and parcel of it.

“It’s a football city, you get reminded day in, day out.”

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't rate him particularly and believe he will be crocked again soon but that is a great interview <laugh>

5. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Saylor fit and on form is a good PL centre back with the occasional mistake/blunder in him. Genuine trier as far as I can see but unfortunately injury prone which over time has impacted on his development.

If he could stay fit I would keep him as first back up in the centre backs.

6. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

He says he feels like a million dollars? Offer him a quarter of that and no more!!

7. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Saylor is a fist pumping retard who we should have sold down the river years ago but what club would be retarded enough to buy him?

8. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

I am surprised people are so critical of Taylor. Obviously I understand the fact he is regularly injured (think I read somewhere he averages 15 games a season) which is a downfall but when he is fit he doesn't kick up a fuss if he's not in the team, he bides his time, gets his head down and makes himself undroppable when he does get a chance which I think is the reason people are so 50/50 with him he is good enough just not fit enough.

I would give him a new contract tomorrow if it was down to me but I think one based on appearances as a back up to Mbemba and a new CB in the summer would be the only way forwards. He's a local lad, has the passion and desire and gets the fans and club.

9. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The reason he is undroppable is that he is never injury free long enough.