1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Stop The Rot Chairboys v Crawley 25Feb17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Feb 24, 2017.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

At the moment we need another 12 points to be certain of staying up

2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Let's just hope the bottom 2 keep losing then <laugh><laugh>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wasn't it last season when we were doing well up to Christmas. Then, having reached our target, gave up? This year we were crap (due to injuries) then with recoveries and signings we did remarkably well up to and including our defeat at WHL. Then we gave up <laugh>

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nobody, and I literally mean nobody in this league has been consistent enough to run away from anyone else. Every team has had bad runs at certain times. Some have had bad, then good, then bad or average. Except the bottom two who have just had bad. Any team from the top 14 could end up in the play offs. The secret for Wycombe is to stop Ron betting against them on the betting thread.

Guywanderer likes this.
  5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

It was up to the Villa game this time we did make the 4thrd of the FA CUP before giving up

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When we can field our strongest team I might back them to win greeny. We had half a defence and half a strike force today.

7. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I thought we looked ok yesterday. Don't believe it was down to the quality of the defensive replacements as mullet and De Havilland were not overly troubled.
    Our immediate issue is to cut out the stupid mistakes. Their first goal came from a clearly avoidable situation with Sido taking a throw in back to Blackman who then took his time to control it and let it go over the line for a corner. The resulting corner ended up with a goal.
    Their second was a good free kick, but we shouldn't have been in that position anyway.
    The main concern for me is that we insist on hoofing it down the middle, missing out the midfield and having no width at all. I appreciate that Bayo is a great target man, but he would be even more potent with say Paris on one wing and Wood on the other pinging balls into the box. His aerial prowess could then be used to score rather than just for knock downs, especially when we are missing the foil to his play aka Kashket
    When we aren't scoring we are a bloody awful team to watch