1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

strikers

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by djblackandamberarmy(No 4), Feb 23, 2011.

1. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

cant help but think if fryatt had a yard extra of pace, he would be a top striker..last 2 games, his lack of it has cost us in promising situations...
    really not sure about mclean , works like a dog, but once again last night, showed a lack of composure at the vital time..
    cant believe im saying this after the start he had, but i actually think jay simpson is the key to whether we hit the top 6 or not..last 2 games, has shown pace, composure and intelligence..almost a mixture of fryatt and mcleans good points..

2. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

All three will be very important, confidence is the key.

3. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Fryatt's main ability was always his ability to get shots away, and he is clearly not a quick man but like Barmbs he creates things for himself and makes runs that others don't spot. He has had a great start and i definately think he is by far our best striker. Simpson has got a lot stronger on the ball, which is the key with him, however he needs to learn when to lay it off.... I think Mclean has had a tough start, but whenever i have seen him at P'borough he has being scoring headers..... how many crosses did we get in the box recently in the air? Very few....

4. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

fryatt keeps making the clever runs, but then is easily caught by the defenders..
    not having a dig at him, just mean thats the difference between a good striker and a top level striker..its a shame really, hed probably be premiership class if he even had a little bit of pace, but he is quite slow..

5. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Aye i agree, he isn't prem class, but thing with him is at this level his brain allows him that time, thinking of his goals they are predatory goals and if we give him chances we score, i have waited years for us to have someone like him and i will always want him in the team. Who partners him i am unsure on...... i still think the 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 however you look at it can work, but probably needs a pre-season to shape it.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Fryatt is good on the ball and decent at putting them away, though he's obviously not the quickest player in the world.

Simpson looked a different player at Dipswich(I wasn't at Derby) and I'd love to see the pair of them start up front together.

Mclean works hard, but seems to lack finesse with his finishing, with Stewart out, I'd try Mclean out wide.

After the start to this season, it's nice to have a debate about our best option, rather than our only option.

7. HullTigerSteve

HullTigerSteve Active Member

Been saying for a while Simpson should be given a chance with Fryatt. Now Stewart is out try Mclean out wide.