1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Clear Out - Who would you get rid of?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by itfcptc, May 11, 2017.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

For me the main outgoing has to be Mick!! Despite the boring negative tactics, strangely enough I actually quite like the look of a lot of our squad at the moment and think he has done reasonably well in the transfer market, Mick just isn't playing to their strengths or getting the best out of them. For me I would be happy for the following to leave:

Gerken, Taylor, Knudsen, Skuse, Best, McGoldrick, Digby, Spence, Coke, Bru, Douglas, Moore

Other than that I quite like the look of the rest of the squad. I know Skuse and McGoldrick may be pretty controversial!!

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I'd add Pitman to your list and keep McGoldrick,otherwise I think you're spot on.
    Most urgent departure is Mick,but I can't see him going until he has the fag end of his contract left,ME will then either sack him or he'll walk towards the end of the Season,sticking the proverbial two fingers up to us yet again.

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Evans followed by Mick

4. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think Pitman if used correctly is a half decent player. What he is not is a replacement for Daryl Murphy which he has been used as. And his goalscoring record is half decent.

With McGoldrick he is undoubtedly a talented player but for a striker he needs to get in more dangerous positions and sometimes he's too selfish on the ball. With him in the team I think we sometimes look a little unbalanced. Although to be fair I do think he looked a little better once he was paired with Sears in a top 2 towards the end of last season

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Sears can go too he is dogs mess.

6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31679//?scrollto=post336353

Very happy with this, Kevin Bru is nowhere near good enough for a side aiming to get promoted. I think he's a good player but needs way too long on the ball and isn't suited to the division - would be far better in Eastern Europe somewhere where he could showcase what he has.

So Pitman is off - added to Best / Douglas / Coke / the loanees.

I'd definitely hang on to Skuse, a better player than many realise and capable of doing more than allowed to by Mick.

Others I would love to show the door = Knudsen / Smith / Hyam / Moore

Not that I can judge from afar, however seems Spence has done alright at RB and I'd like him to stay.

Positive Bart will be going, I don't think Gerken is amazing but he's well worth keeping right now as number 2 and emergency # 1 if we can't get anyone good in.

Big summer big changes COYB.

Nuggets likes this.