1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Clearance Sale 2017

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, May 14, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So where's the problem?
    Nobody mentioned buying "the best in the business" from Juve or even the best in the PL (at the moment), all that was said was "top drawer" :huh:

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

My own personal preference, regardless of age and cost and the fact that it is (probably) unlikely, happens to be one of those you refer to.

Chiellini. Best centre half in the world, bar none.

I've said it plenty times previously.

#topdrawer

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bonucci might be the better option from Juve, given Chiellini's age, but either would be outstanding.

Closer to home, Alderweireld could be a more realistic option - he's refusing to remove his release clause and Spurs can't or won't meet his wage demands. If we have a rumoured £110 million available to raid Spurs, might as well throw £40m of that at him and see what it shakes loose over the summer. Sooner him than Rose imo.

Spurs will whinge and protest as usual, but Levy is a seller so I think we could get him, even if it's at the last minute a la Berbatov.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He would be good, yes. Ideal.

Rose is out until after next season has started so he won't be getting transferred during that time I would assume.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Cherry-picking. If I supported United, I would want the club to buy the pin-up boy himself. HK!! He may not be one at the moment but if it did happen watch all the fashion companies move in around him.

6. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Next season players can be banned retrospectively for diving, better get rid of Rashford quick..!

7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Januzaj is a weird one. Certainly has ability - needs games and needs confidence to be shown in him.

It's the same with Martial. I think both players are waisting their careers at United. Mourinho doesn't give these sorts of guys enough time to develop and never has.
    Under the right manager Martial could become one of the best forwards on the planet (IMO) but he needs to be starting 30-40 games a Season upfront.

Personally I would love to see Martial at Arsenal. Wenger has many flaws as manager but he knows how to develop young talented players.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Leicester are linked with Sam Johnstone - most likely as a replacement for one of your old boys Ron Zeiler who was cack for us.

Have never seen Sam play, would have make a decent reserve keeper?

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The only weird thing about Januzaj is that people still think he's any good.

He isn't, he's ****e.

Martial is 22 years old and will enter next season with his whole career in front of him and every chance of making it. Rooney and, most likely, Zlatan won't be with us next season so he's hardly wasting his career ffs.

10. TheBear

If he's not a regular starter next Season - he is waisting his career.

World Class strikers don't just come about like magic. They have to work at their craft and develop both physically and technically.

If Mourinho doesn't have faith in him to start - then he should leave.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I have read on this site recently that Rooney wasted his career, I would think Rashford would be quite happy if he wastes his as badly.

12. TheBear

Rooney had a great career. Perhaps it could have been prolonged had he lived a healthier lifestyle but overall its been an impressive career.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That was exactly my thought. If my memory serves me well the comment was made on the Spurs board :emoticon-0100-smile

14. The Ides of March

I do find it a little odd that Ibra is not going to be offered a new contract with you guys after the season he had. We saw last night how important it is to have leaders on the pitch. Ibra is certainly one and even if he was restricted to playing only 50% of games would still have a massive presence in the dressing room

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Have you informed the player and club of this?

16. The Ides of March

I thought I had read this on the BBC website. But if this is an error on my part, forgive me for such a mistake. So it would be strange if this was the case.

17. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Recast :emoticon-0148-yes: