1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Rumours

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 23, 2012.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes but he isn't going to sign for us as long as our collective arses point downwards.

2. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Jimmy Bullard anyone picked him up yet?

There has got to be another 1 or 2 signings (loans) coming in surely?

Please, please, please, please, please Mr Fletcher Sir can we have some more....

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As luck would have it mexijan "Oliver" is currently playing at the Theatre Royal. You never know but I've a feeling that unlike the musical story this may not have a happy ending..........

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Anymore players and we will be able to field three seperate teams.......there must be an awful amount of chaff in that lot.

5. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Chaff..... maybe? There are a lot of youngsters in the squad and a few, really just there to make the numbers up, are a season or 2 short of being ready for bit parts let alone full season. A couple of long term injuries and the team will be really short of experience on top of all it´s other short comings.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Damn they've kicked off so too late to change my prediction now.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Carl Fletcher tried to bring in Alex MacDonald for a second spell at Argyle during the summer but couldn't agree terms.

It is possible that he will be playing tonight for Burnley.....MacDonald has only played once this season as a late sub against Huddersfield when they lost 2-0.

Sods law will obviously mean that he will play a blinder against us and score the winning goal.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Presumably it was that that led to Fletcher's comments about inflated wage expectations in League 2.

What interests me is: "We need to bring players in and we need to get rid of players"

I thought we were supposed to have a squad with the correct attitude etc etc, so who does he have in mind? I'm afraid I still have my doubts over Purse's commitment to such a remote & lowly club. There was the out-of-character red card that kept him at home over the Christmas period and I don't believe he was at the last game of last season, despite the fact there was the Player of the Season presentation to his partner Blanchard after the game. Now we have the previously undisclosed injury that led to him be subbed off on Saturday.

There's an entirely unsubstantiated rumour for you.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Brent needs to get out his Purse.............. and buy a few players before Friday!!!

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He's already got a Purse.

11. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

His Wallet then

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Carl Fletcher is rumoured to be hoping to bring in new players before the deadline.

He also wants to "ship out" players as well.......who the hell will want any of Fletchers cast-offs.....the only chance from what I see is to loan out some of his first year pro's to SW non-league clubs.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And there are rumours that a couple of them are set to go plym. I find it difficult to believe that Fletcher signed both Chadwick and Feeney back on the books such a short time ago, got in several new strikers after that, and is now talking about more. We need somebody in midfield to supply the strikers we have with some decent opportunities not more people to stand around waiting for one to come along. I think that Griffiths, when he starts, and Cowan-Hall will score goals. No other reason than gut feeling but I do believe they will. A decent supply to them would be nice and help them along the way.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Alex MacDonald is all the talk again on other websites....they say he is on the way back.....although Fletcher admits that they could not come to an agreement with him.

15. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

JHP already loaned Copp and Vassel I would expect to go too. Chenoworth depending on Gilmartins injury could be another loan. Sousakana is obviously not rated and possibly one of Feeney/Chadwick to go.

Interesting article here, Buz back anyone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19405554

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The closing of the transfer window is not a problem according to Fletcher,so he is saying don't expect anyone coming in.

When the loan window opens in a weeks time will interest Fletcher more,Premier and Championship clubs will know their squads by then and will be loaning out fringe players.

If Fletcher is still interested in MacDonald that might be when the possibility of bringing him back to Home Park might arise, for a second loan period. Burnley fans didn't seem to take to him calling him fat.

Tomorrows result against Northampton will obviously be important regarding how many loans Fletcher will try for.

17. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Maccas signed on loan deal until October personally think Fletch was trying to get him full contract but must have stalled on terms/fee.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Alex MacDonald returns for eight games starting this Saturday.

Obviously wouldn't commit himself for any longer to start with mexijan......if all goes well he might be tempted for longer.

19. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Or Burnley want too much? At 22 I would think he will be looking for a transfer as he is not getting regular football there and doesn´t look like he will. Feeney or Chadwick out on loan/sold and that will be the forwards sorted for the season......hopefully.
    MacDonald
    Griffiths
    PCH
    LeCointe
    Feeney/Chadwick
    Simms - more attacking midfield

Has potential but who knows.......fingers crossed at the mo

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm definately not unhappy with this signing. He did ok last term and knows the club already so no fitting in time. Pity not for the season but it's early days yet. Will watch this space with interest now.