1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Rumours

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even before John Sheridan has signed a new contract there are whispers about new signings.

Neil Trotman defender released by Chesterfield on Monday is thought to be a possible target for Sheridan.

Rene Howe 16 goal striker is out of contract at Torquay this summer, would be a good target to go for if Torquay can't match his wages for a new contract.
    Other clubs are known to be interested in Howe who has scored 30 goals in the two seasons that he has been in league football......maybe he is out of our price range if he wants to move on from Div2 football.

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Howe would be an excellent signing...at least he wouldn't feel homesick lol.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There are whispers about Luke McCormick who is out of contract this summer.....Jordan Copp has been tweeting from Truro.....with a little hint.

Good though he is....we surely will not go down that road....will we ?

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So John Sheridan and James Brent have only to dot the I's and cross the T's for an agreement to be finalized....sounds good.

Lists of players staying/released/transferred listed has started...there will surely be more.

5. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I've also heard rumours (from an Oxford Utd. site) of Luke McCormick being signed as a reserve keeper for us. I'll stick with my previous views of never going back - never more relevant than with McCormick, we could even lose loyal fans if it happened.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't want him here. Too raw still and you are right Mrs lalala there could easily be a backlash to it even if he is still a good keeper. I did see on the beeb that the Southend player who was given a lot of good humoured stick at home park about him and his caravan has been released by them. Moshni I think he was called. There was a lot of accusations from Argyle fans that he had been treated racially down here and it wasn't nice. The guy heard the chants and was laughing at them and even played to the crowd so I don't think he was that upset. I thought he was a bloody good player that day but I think he has "discipline issues" within the club and fell out with Sturrock quite badly. Maybe one to let pass but he was good.

7. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Collects cards for fun and refused to travel back with team after games twice but a good player so interesting one with Moshni but worth a gamble for someone, short term contract perhaps. Jamie Cureton after a damn good wash in disinfectant or Oakley perhaps.
    Of the releases maybe Charles a bit unlucky but age and injuries probably right choice for club. Sims failed to step up and probably unfortunate timing for him that we have a couple with better potential at the same time otherwise he may have got another season. Gilmartin a big disappointment was widely tipped by many pre-season to be one of the top players in Div 2, I also hoped for more from LeCointe this season he really needs to keep sharp closed season and make an impact next year. Think Vassell must be half cat, he seems to have a lot of lives, cannot be carried for much longer though surely?

If anyone is passing HP pop in and see how much they want for Chadwick, may stump up the cash myself and lend him to the Greasers for next season.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Maybe BC could take Chadwick to Canada......and introduce him to the bears to play with ?

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

As previously discussed, I have some sympathy for McCormick although nothing can excuse what he did. However, I wince every time I see the phrase "ex Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper McCormick" crop up. The club terminated his contract as soon as the fact were known and there was nothing else it could or should have done. I have no objection to him plying his trade as a goalkeeper but not at this club, it's just too close to terrible events.

On the subject of players, I saw Holloway pontificating about the play-offs which led me to check up on their previous couple of team-sheets. Banton has appeared only once - as an unused substitute. Tends to lend weight to the idea he was sent home rather than be being called home.....

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

notDistant........what facts have you on that........all parties seemed to be disappointed that Banton was recalled.

Reid also was a telephone call away from being called back by Yeovil........he had been told to be prepared for it........he and his agent both said not before the Rochdale game if possible..........he now has the chance of being on the bench for the play-off semi's with a chance of a Wembley trip.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's all rumour plym regarding Banton and you thinking he was recalled rather than sent is just one of them. It is rumoured he was sent. Backing this is the criticism given to him by Sheridan and Branston in that he was basically a lazy git and a selfish player rather than a team one. Like most things we will probably never know but I could just as easily believe both.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

If that person is scoring goals........in fact the only one scoring goals......you have to bite your bottom lip and bare it.....there where only a few games more to put up with him and it could of been important.........as they say "you don't bite off your nose to spite your face" when the end result could of been the Conference.

13. notDistantGreen

I am I'm afraid only repeating a rumour I heard - which must have been from here.

However, the fact that Branston pitched in and criticised him made me think that there was probably something in it for once.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22154652

PS Only you could demand facts in a thread you started titled "Summer Rumours". Isn't that a title from a song in Grease BTW - "Summer rumours, having a blast, summer rumours, happen so fast, da di da, da didi dah..." Olivia Luton Jones wasn't it?

14. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

How exactly would you go about biting off your own nose? <yikes>

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'd take my false teeth out and have a go that way mexijan.....(I haven't really got false ones they are both my own).

It may have been me that mentioned the sent back previously. I heard it on the grapevine as they say. As I said I don't know the truth as don't the rest of you. There does however seem to be evidence that doesn't discount the sent back bit.

16. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Rumour has it Chadders has quit !

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You're just trying to cheer me up aren't you Gat.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He should have quit a long time ago to be honest.

19. notDistantGreen

As with all such things, we don't really know whether the guy's any good. Just because we've been rubbish for years doesn't mean everyone at the club is rubbish although clearly something's been wrong somewhere. In any event, I'm not going to celebrate his departure - a great servant to the club against the background of some awful personal problems.

As somebody said though, long service isn't enough to qualify you to move into management. Can't help feeling that Wotton has the umm, strength of character for it.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

notdistant.......I'm not sure who you are referring to in your post......if it's Chadwick the only good thing about him is that he certainly found a good agent to look after his interests.......I hope he is paying him well.......it seems he must be.