1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Rumours

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 30, 2013.

1. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Old news....he quit about 18 months ago just forgot to tell anyone.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think notdistant is talking about Larrieu rather than Chadwick. Nobody is rubbishing Larrieu as the thread on him suggests. Wotton for management????? Hmmm. Not sure on that one but you never know how good or bad somebody is going to be at anything until they have had a go at it. Chadwick has had a go at being a striker and I can say with all confidence he is pants.

3. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

When did he have a go at being a striker Sensible? Must have blinked and missed it. You do realise there are pants all over the world extremely insulted by you comparing them to Chadwick!!!

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rumours that Sheridan would bring in Tommy Wright & Mark Crossley after them being released by Chesterfield have been scotched by Sheridan.

With Chenoweth being released & Gilmartin being put on the transfer list it looked possible that Crossley would come in as coach/reserve Keeper.

Sheridan is going to appoint a new chief scout & fitness coach in due course as well.

5. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

McCormick rumours seem to have some truth to them BBC reporting it now. Gareth Roberts released getting a bit long on the tooth now but genuine left-back and top pro think he would be a good signing. Interesting to see what we get upfront Matt Green would be nice show we had a real budget and ambition, so no way then. Love closed season gives a couple of months of hope before reality sets in again.. I think we should change our name to Argyle Plymouth that way we would be up the top of the league for once, before the season starts <laugh>

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This could be a bad move for McCormick & Argyle.......it's not long enough for memories to settle for the club & the player....... who... can both remember the good times that they had together. His prison record probably stops him from playing abroad.....certainly so for the States, no one is doubting his ability but fans will not forget so easily especially if he has a bad spell.......not a good move in my opinion........maybe Sheridan had this in mind when getting rid of Chenoweth & putting Gilmartin on the for sale list.

Good to see that John Sheridan has been given a three year contract to really settle in & change Argyles fortunes.......he will find that Brent will be patient if the Carl Fletcher saga had anything to show us.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Neil Trotman is still being mentioned as a Sheridan possibility......Sheridan made him his captain at Chesterfield.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

McCormick has got to be a no go. this wil split the fan base, i for one don't think i could go if he was to sign.

9. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Let me spin this on its head .... if a close friend or family member did what Luke did would you want them to be punished forever ? Nobody knows what is around the corner ! He's done his time, his career is in football and he is a cracking keeper and if we don't sign him somebody else will !

10. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

I agree with you on that view he did a stupid thing, which many do on a daily basis, and it had the most tragic consequences possible. It wasn´t premeditated, done with intent just extremely bad judgement, still think the older squad players need to take a long look at themselves too. When anyone else has served their time they are allowed to try to re-integrate into society and that should be no different for McCormick. However considering his connection with Argyle at the time of the accident it just seems to bring more focus onto him and the club and will generate additional media coverage which cannot be good for the family of those killed. Think it is ill judged myself a move abroad as Plym said would probably be better for all involved if possible.

11. Greenarmyjoe

Gat, i agree he did get punished and has served some time in Prison. But the poor family are still getting punished? How would you fel if it was your family and having to hear that his mane being mentioned, i don't think it will be good For PAFC. Agreed he is or was a fine keeper and i liked him, but a moment of madness has cost him.

I do not want to see him playing for Argyle.. we all have our own views on this. It was not being discussed and now its the news again. It will just hurt the poor family more...

12. Greenarmyjoe

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Guy Branston is the first to sign a new contract....taking him to next summer.

Gary Owers also has put pen to paper with a new contract........things are looking good and feel good as well.

14. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I hope Joe that I would be able to forgive knowing that life isn't black and white but many shades of grey 50 :emoticon-0110-tongu but I can't really answer that as I have never been in that situation .... all I can say is there but for the grace of god goes I .... so how can I condem him .... he is a genuinely lovely lad and maybe he has toughened up after his stretch in prison but what you are inside never changes. He has to carry that around with him for the rest of his life and that in its self is punishment enough, so I guess Joe on this we will have to agree to disagree <smooch>

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rumours of Neil Warnock being D of F have been finally scotched by Brent, saying that Sheridan's 3yr contact is not requiring a mentor to oversee him.

So no one will be appointed into the roll........still think there is a lot of non-team things that need working on.......Sheridan needs no distraction away from the managers job.

16. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

First signing I would suggest is CEO Andrew Mills ex Aldershot resigned after a few months in charge because to para-phrase he was not prepared to lie to staff, players and creditors... shame we did not have someone with his cojenes in charge when we were heading to admin. Credit to the guy he probably forced the issue and progressed going into admin before the debt got too mental. For us and a lot of other clubs the issue is compounded by too many people swimming in a river in Egypt, in De Nile. Fair play to the guy he highlighted the problem when they where waist deep in it, not like our idiots who waited until we where 6ft under, and Risdale kicked them, to realise there was an issue.

PS Disclaimer... Still would not trust Risdale as far as I could kick him.

PPS Double disclaimer.. I hit the ball pretty hard so... would not trust Risdale as far as I could spit him

17. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Director of Football is not needed in my humble opinion, maybe the rich clubs could afford one but I don't feel it's for us and in any case we now have an experienced manager on board, maybe we could have justified having one to show Fletcher the ropes but not needed now.

Wonder what Fletch is up to..

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

in De Nile..........very good mexijan........although I must admit I had to read it twice before the penny dropped (or whatever the currancy is in Egypt).

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Probably busy employing a secretary......to wade through all the job offers.

20. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to agree. "Director of Football" these days tends to translate to "Manager in Waiting". It just puts extra undue pressure on the incumbent manager!