1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Rumours

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 30, 2013.

1. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Hey you leave my Bears alone...

2. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Was that a Pink Floyd song BC?
    Howe has said he will not be re-signing for the Gulls, staying local perhaps?

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looking at his disciplinary record.....he collects yellow cards for fun & a few reds.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I work with a Torquay fan. The relative status of the clubs are reflected in our coffee mugs: my PAFC example is a serious item with a proper club crest whilst his Torquay equivalent is two sizes smaller and carries a cartoon seagull. Enough said.

He reports that Howe is good at League 2 level, especially as he hasn't had good service from the rest of the side this season, but not the complete player - probably requires someone to feed off him. Notably he's always missing through suspension at least once a season but a lot of his indiscretions are due to retaliation for the bad treatment he gets from defenders and lack of protection from referees. Bit like Fallon really: 99% of contacts in the box are going to result in a free kick in favour of the defence, no matter who was at fault, which gets frustrating and gets you yellow cards in a spurious totting up procedure.

I've consulted him this morning and a) it appears from Howe's Tweets that he hasn't reached any decision personally - in fact the BBC article may be premature (if that isn't wishful thinking on his part) and b) rumours around Torquay include Exeter, Portsmouth and "ooop north" as possible destinations as well as ourselves.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Interesting notDistant........maybe Sheridan could knock a few rough edges off of him and bring more discipline into his game ?

6. notDistantGreen

I omitted Oxford as one of the rumoured destinations... and Huddersfield. As well as ourselves of course....

7. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Pompey just signed Craddock that was one I was hoping we might have moved on. Very quiet from HP at the moment perhaps Sheridan passed out when he was finally shown our "competitive" budget for next season, smelling salts for JS ASAP.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I saw my mate today and we spoke about when we were going to renew the season tickets. Also spoke about the quiet period and waiting for something to get a bit excited about like Ronaldo joining. He commented that the only thing we have at present is Cool Hand Luke which was not exactly what we had all been waiting for. Sums it up for me at the moment. It's early days I know but you just want something don't you.

9. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Akos Buzsaky will be training with the squad pre-season so Sheridan can see what he's like :smiley-finger007:

10. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Tommy Tynan seen cleaning his boots yesterday too :smiley-finger007:

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You're both just trying to tease me aren't you.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Don't forget Carl.....he's looking for his boots.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rumours about 29yr old Peter Leven released by Oxford two weeks ago......promising career blighted by injuries.......we have had too many like this (Lowery etc ?) we need better than that to make an impression next season.

14. notDistantGreen

Not the first time Leven has been linked with us - there were rumours back in 2008-2010 when Puncheon was on loan from us to MK Dons, presumably as a player exchange as part of a permanent sale of Puncheon.

15. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Lot's of rumours here that Leven is about to sign for you guys. If you can keep him fit he will be the best player in league 2 by a country mile, he is a supremely talented footballer far too good for league 2 but struggled with injuries last season.

16. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Thanks for the feed back sounds promising but with our luck over the last few seasons we would struggle to keep a butchers dog fit!! Has it been 1 recurring injury or has he just been unlucky and picked up different ones?

17. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Unfortunately for Levs he's struggled with various injuries but on his day he really is a class act. I was sorry to see him go but when you're a touch injury prone and one of the highest earners at the club I guess it was inevitable he would be released.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Another Walton it seems!! no thanks

19. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Well if it is a serious of bad luck rather than an inherent weakness maybe his luck will turn. High earner and not playing sounds like he is a shoe in for us, just the really class act bit could stop us signing him <laugh>

Walton was not injury prone Joe he just played like that when fit!!!

Good luck for next season Richmond, not long to wait now....

20. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Akos would love to play for Argyle again but not while we are in League 2 !!!!