1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer 2017

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by General Melchett, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tweet from Stewart Lewis, one of the regular MFW columnists:

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

What the Farke! play nice Cromer, whilst an obvious joke and one used repeatedly since Farke joined us, I'm fairly sure you wouldn't have taken umbridge if any of our other posters had used it. Maybe pop him on ignore again if all you can do is snipe at him.

Bah!

Forgot_My_Lines and KIO like this.
  3. General Melchett

Fair enough, if we didn't have HITC crappy rumours half our transfer thread would have dissapeared. If they chuck enough mud eventually some must stick, 1 in 100 stories by them might end up true? or maybe worse!

Bah!

4. General Melchett

Whilst I can see his logic, I disagree, I'm fairly sure CJ has at least 1-2 more seasons playing to a good standard. If he is prepared to do that for us, predominantly from the bench, then I think we could never replace him for £3m unless by means of a Tammy Abraham like loan, but how many loan spots can we have left if the Chelski young defender comes in?
    I'd rather keep him, but £5m+ and we enter a grey area, good money for a player at the top of the wage scale of his age, vs selling a potentially crucial player to a team that may well then finish above us.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  5. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

As there are plenty perhaps you could name half a dozen ?

6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Without being disrespectful to Holt, I think Jerome is a lot fitter 31 than Holt was

DHCanary likes this.
  7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Can of worms opened?

8. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

I would guess that Jeromes wages may be the reasons he leaves..... if he does. Anyone got any idea what hes on? I would take a guess at £30k+ which with the current approach would feel like a significant financial burden especially if we keep him for few more years. I am also not sure on the length of his contract but assuming he plays second fiddle to Oliviera this season it may end up being harder to offload a 32 year old on big wages next season.

9. General Melchett

But where does cost cutting meet hamstringing? If the general cull so far hasn't got our wages down to a level at least in line with this years income then we really are b#ggered. We have to surely balance prudence and long term financial security against a last throw of the dice this season whilst we can afford to keep him. If we could keep and extend RM contract then I would contend we should be keeping Jerome for at least one more season, barring silly money being offered.

Bah!

carrowcanario and JM Fan like this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

He has a much higher than 10% goals to chances rate top 6 in the division .

carrowcanario likes this.

11. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

In truth extending Rusty's contract would indicate funds are there if and when they think they are needed - I would hope that common sense is brought to play here (a new concept for NCFC) and we retain Jerome's services rather than let him go to a rival who will probably will end up above us in the league and with Jerome's goals might push them into a play-off position.

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

We'll just have to 'agree to disagree' on CJ's effectiveness ocf (and canario), but whilst I'm not too concerned re CJ going to Fulham (and yes, I know you can trot out stats re how many he scores/assists, but I went to most home games last season and saw the occasions when he didn't even test the keeper), but I hope we have a new GH or similar lined up, then who is going to share the striker role with Basil???? If DF believes Naismith is up to fulfilling that role then I'm happy to trust DF's judgement in that respect

He signed a new 3 year contract in June last year and I know he's one of our highest earners.

13. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Kind of what I said about ReadNorwich. They got a few right too. Mostly crap, but not all.

14. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Still worth mentioning, when they happen, even if just to furrow a few brows and wag the occasional tongue?
    On the subject of off-the-wall delirium, did anyone see this garbage about Scott Sinclair?
    Of course he's going to sacrifice all of that to guts it out with NCFC, right? <doh>
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/n...on-by-attempting-a-move-for-this-celtic-star/

15. Forgot_My_Lines

Never, ever, ever.

He has it so easy there. He looks world class there. (until they play in Europe).

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

I tend to find any story with press here to start slideshow made up nonsense.

DHCanary likes this.
  17. General Melchett

We simply don't need another wide player. Sinclair is good and I wouldn't object to getting him but no way are we signing him. We have gotta prioritise elsewhere.

Bah!

18. DUNCAN DONUTS

My youngest son is going to be 8 in a few weeks so I was thinking of getting him the new home top £48 for kids sizes <doh>
    Ridiculous.

19. Forgot_My_Lines

I f*cking hate that! I hated pestering my parents for Norwich tops through the years. They were no way near this standard of this rip off.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I think I only ever got 2 or 3 growing up. I have had the same amount as an adult. I might get a new one next year, but they are very expensive

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.