1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer activity thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 22, 2016.

1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

He played 10 games last season. Tuchel played Hummels and Sokratis ahead of him, not exactly a bad couple of players!

I think with a run of games, he'd rediscover his form and continue to be one hell of a player. I'm pretty sure he could still do a job at a top level team, if not, then he'll still certainly be a next level signing for us. No doubt about it.

If we were to bring him in, I'd be confident Sam would get the best out of him fitness wise.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

He was next level for sure.

He's absolutely fell off though, signing him in 2012 was a no-brainer he was a proper baller, better than Sokratis by a mile, his partnership with Hummels was like Rio and Vidic at times.

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

This about sums it up.

Subotic is another level strong in every area, 2 years back he would have been £20million plus, got a bad injury and Sokratis made the place his, couple of top, top young CB's came through.

He would want to be guaranteed games, but oven the Kirchoff signing I'd say this maybe, maybe has legs.

Bigger boys will look, we will have to really sell it to him.

4. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Sack hi from West Ham for £10M, only 5 goals last season. SA should know him well enough. It's a not sure from me

5. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Sackho not Sack hi, so@@@@g predictive text

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I like him mind good movement and nice touch.

I'm not against this, seems a bit rich price wise mind.

7. Deleted #

Sunderland have been linked with a summer move for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ibai Gomez.

The 26-year-old suffered an injury-hit 2015-16 campaign but could be available during the summer for a cut-price £2.3million fee, according to reports in Spain.

Basque newspaper Deia is reporting that the Black Cats are interested in the midfielder, who usually plays wide left.

His contract is set to expire next summer and an extension is unlikely to be offered, report Deia.

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...tic-bilbao-midfielder-1-7945524#ixzz4AZF1cTOX

8. Deleted #

Steven Fletcher does not not know what the future holds for him – as his Sunderland contract expires at the end of the month,

The 29-year-old, who spent the second half of last season on loan to French club Marseille, is ready for action in Scotland’s friendly against France in Metz on Saturday night.

“I don’t actually know what my situation is now,” said Fletcher, who made 108 appearances for Sunderland, scoring 23 goals.

“My contract is up so I am currently looking for a team.

“I think that (Sunderland) chapter is over with. I enjoyed my time there but obviously I went out on loan.

“There have been a few people speaking to me and stuff, but until there is actually an offer right in front of me I am not going to take anything for granted. I am training hard and staying fit.”

Ex-Hibs star Fletcher has long been linked with a move to Celtic and when asked if the time was right for a move back to Scotland, he said: “I don’t know, they obviously have a new manager (Brendan Rodgers) so that is up to him.

“But I haven’t had any contact with Celtic.

“I know everyone likes to think I have, even in recent times when I have been linked with them there has never been any solid connection with me and them.

“I am going to take myself away with my family and relax a little while before I start thinking about anything else.”

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...-where-my-future-lies-1-7947359#ixzz4AZHvOMef

9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

He will end up either in jockland or the championship. And do very well imo

10. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently Arsenal are interested in PVA

11. Deleted #

I told the mags they could do a lot worse than pick somebody like Fletcher up, on a free transfer.

12. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

13. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

14. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

15. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

****in hell. <laugh>

Red Bulls Jermain Defoe is set to meet the possible downgrade of Bradley Wright-Phillips
    Defoe -of good performance in Sunderland during the last season- would welcome a possible return to MLS.

please log in to view this image

Jermain Defoe would be interested in returning to MLS. USA Today Images

By David Ruiz
    Posted: June 6, 2016 | 11:06 AM EDT

MADRID, Spain - The recent "seven" the New York Red Bulls did to its neighbors in the New York City in classic 'Big Apple' and 'hat-trick against Toronto FC have dissipated for now concerns Jesse Marsch and taurine all penchant for poor definition of the team in the first ligueras days.

However, the rumor that talks about the possibility that their best scorer, Bradley Wright-Phillips, pack your bags bound for the Indian Super League on tenterhooks the coaching staff of the Red Bulls.

Public domain is that the technical secretariat of the team has begun combing the European market with the intention of finding a striker with a nose for goal to allow Marsch "kill" two birds with one stone. The name of the German Miroslav Klose, whose contract with Lazio ends this summer, must now unite an old acquaintance MLS: Jermain Defoe.

Several days ago British media leaked the news that the exariete Toronto FC had held talks with New York Red Bulls with a view to strengthening its line of attack in the second half of the season in the United States.

In this regard, FutbolMLS.com has learned from informed sources that Defoe would be happy to return to the league and, especially, to reside in New York, a city that worships the England striker. Quite the opposite of what happened in Toronto, place you never adapt during the season in which he played in the ranks of the Canadian squad.

The biggest stumbling block to save the operation can be carried to fruition lies, as usual, in the economic area. The England international still has two more years of contract with Sunderland. Defoe has crucially helped with 16 points to save the category of 'Black Cats', which will continue for one more season in the Premier League.

The current coach of Sunderland, Sam Allardyce, recently stressed the importance of keeping on campus Defoe who, however, would be excited to return to the MLS to show his true worth.

http://www.univision.com/deportes/f...ir-la-posible-baja-de-bradley-wright-phillips :emoticon-0112-wonde

Aye righto.:emoticon-0136-giggl

16. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

That's brilliant news . . . . we might get Dozey Josey back :1980_boogie_down:

Brian Storm likes this.
  17. Brian Storm

Sunderland's work in the French transfer market is no secret and therefore it's got to be considered likely a player, or several, will be picked up from Ligue 1 this summer. The French market still provides good value and a wide variety of players, with agents working to help, and encourage, clubs in England to fill their boots.

The latest Ligue 1 player to be linked with Sunderland is Didier Ndong of Lorient, with French newspaper L'Equipe carrying a story on his possible summer transfer. The 21 year old midfielder is already a Gabon international and is attracting interest from several clubs. As well as Sunderland, Spartak Moscow are intersted, with the Russian club willing to pay €10m.

Serie A's Torino have already offered €5m, which Lorient rejected, and AS Monaco are also interested. Monaco's interest is interesting because the French principality club have a policy of recruiting the best, well priced, talent they can find, hoping for a player's value to increase quickly, which shines a good light on Ndong.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...tussle-to-sign-gabon-international-midfielder

Surely the only reason we'd be looking for another DM is if we're not bringing in M'Vila or we intend to move Catts on. Not convinced there's truth in this link.

18. Brian Storm

He's much better than Defoe ey.:emoticon-0136-giggl

19. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Much better :emoticon-0100-smile

Defoe couldn't score in a fecking . . . . oh, hang on, I might have this the wrong way <doh>

Brian Storm likes this.
  20. Brian Storm

Think a few thousand Toronto fans did too. :emoticon-0136-giggl

8 games without a goal for Jozy so far this season.