1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Slimani is a better option for me than Ulloa, just need to work out how to play him and Vardy together effectively.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I'd rather Ulloa support Vardy, but I'd much rather Slimani if there was no Vardy

3. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Mahrez wasn't close though was he, it was just media hype and nothing more. He hates PSG because he supports Marseille and Monaco are Marseille's rivals. I turned down trials and refused to play for Gary Birtles because I hate Forest so don't be assuming anything. He also doesn't want to play in France. On top of that if you understand Muslims you will understand that his wife won't leave her family to live in France either, it simply won't happen. He has a child and family here which shouldn't be underestimated. There are a multitude of reasons why he won't go but the main being nobody will bid enough and he doesn't have the self belief.

Gray isn't going to be £20m either because there is no release clause contrary to all these bullshit reports. It was confirmed by Rob Dorsett months ago but the media need something to print. He's Sterling money and that's what our owners will value him at being a future England international.

I don't see how Schmeichel belongs in Europe, he belongs in the PL and he's not the type of keeper City want, he won't go to United and Everton are no better than us. He's going nowhere because he'll be captain next season.

Slimani isn't even fully fit or match sharp yet but his goals kept us off the bottom of the table and that's a fact. Every striker misses chances especially when low on confidence and not match sharp and he's hasn't been since joining.

He's also a no.9 playing a no.10 role so people aren't exactly judging him on him playing his best position either.

4. Champions of England

Ultimately I think with a proper preseason, a few nice games to get some confidence, momentum and partnerships building, he and Vardy could work.

I think we've got to give the bloke more a chance because I do think a lot of people are being very harsh on him. Remember he's moved from a new country so he's having to acclimatise to England for a start and I know from living in five different countries that it's not easy. He's also settling into and adapt to the pace of a new new league, with a new style of play and being asked to play a role he's not used to, while struggling with injuries, in a poor side for the most part and without ever being match fit. Things like a poor first touch or indecisiveness on the ball can easily be purely due to lack of confidence and match sharpness too.

Really he should play instead of Vardy so in other words he comes on for him and we change the focal point of our attack to him as the no.9 because he plays on the last defender too but unlike Vardy who wants it in behind, he thrives on early balls in to the box so we change our attack to suit his strengths.

I'm amazed that anyone is criticising his scoring record because his goals to games is the best in the squad. Sure he misses chances but so does every striker and while he may have missed one to cost us £5.7m, he'd scored most of them prior to CR getting sacked and won us more than £5.7m over the season.

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Interesting take particularly on Mahrez and his wife which makes sense. Wasn't it mentioned he might have stayed before because she was pregnant and was settled?

I do think though that logic and what you said re Kasper only protects us from teams abroad. Still a number to worry about back home

6. Champions of England

I think we all agree that we need a better option than Okazaki and the only option I can really think of would be Sigurdsson because he covers a lot of ground, one of the highest in the league I was told but has the creativeness that Okazaki lacks.

The way we play its vital that we have Okazaki's work rate so whoever replaces him needs that first and foremost so I'm actually wondering if someone like Silva could play in that role? He's got an engine, he can pick a pass and has a goal in him so I can't see why someone like that wouldn't be able to play Okazaki's role but he's not a no.10. Does that matter? Do we need a no.10 or a
    midfielder with an engine who has a creative element?

Or maybe we can have a midfield of Ndidi and Silva with Mahrez behind Vardy/Slimani? I think Mahrez would hugely benefit from being in the middle rather than out wide.

As you can probably tell I'm just thinking and typing so forgive my ramblings.

7. Champions of England

Yeah she was pregnant when we first got promoted, he's got two now and all her family are in Leicester with two small children. Good luck prizing them away from the extended family. Mahrez is a humble guy, he's not a big time Charlie and he's happy here. The reason both CR and CS have continued to play him is because he's got a good attitude and they believe in him. He's been talking to both of them all season about his form and how he can rediscover it and what I see is someone trying too hard, it not coming off and then getting frustrated with himself. He's not a self-confident guy and he knows that he's lucky to be playing every week because he wouldn't anywhere else. I'm sure that fact isn't lost on him. He feels wanted here and to someone like him that will be very important in any decision he makes. If he'd had a good season then my opinion would be very different but while he has this self doubt he'll remain where it's best for him and that's here.

With Schmeichel, I'm not concerned about City because he's not a Pep type of keeper and isn't going to be building from the back, he's no nonsense and get the ball up top early, the very opposite of what Pep wants.

United I just don't buy it as viable in the slightest for a couple of reasons, firstly I don't think Mourinho would be interested, it's just media romance linking him with United, nothing more. Now the main reason is I simply cannot believe he would strive so hard throughout his career to escape from his old mans shadow, only to jump right back underneath it. Going to United will undo everything he's worked for because rhen the comparison with him and his dad will become a thing and that's exactly what he's been working to avoid. He's never going to be the legend that Peter was and he'll be remembered for being the Schmeichel who wasn't as good and who in their right mind would want that? Certainly not him, I'm almost convinced about that.

Everton I think we'll finish above next season so why would he go there? Who else is there? We're aiming for Europe next season so I'm not really seeing a lot of teams being above us and he thinks he will play CL football with us again so he must think the same as me too, no?

I'm not saying I'm right by the way it's just my way of thinking that's all.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I would say the inverse about Mahrez - all his family are in France so he is away from them and all the rest. I do agree about PSG but Monaco are selling all of their players for stupid money and could spend it on him. Irregardless, Spurs and Liverpool are strongly linked with him as well. We aren't in Europe so he knows his stock will be decreasing and there were a lot of rumours about a handshake agreement with owners that they would let him leave after this season for the right price.

Re Kasper - meant he should be playing in Europe for a Champions League club which are the ones chasing him. He is exactly the type of keeper City want as he is excellent with his feet has has brilliant distribution. Not sure why you think he wouldn't go to United - he was raised there and is a Man Utd fan. As for Everton, that is more to do with Steve Walsh I bet but they are in the Europa league and can offer bigger wages then us.

As for Gray, I believe he does as he was signed in the period when all of our players had minimum fees - is why we gave everyone new contracts and how Kante was able to leave for so relatively cheap.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Silva won't come to a team not in Europe and Sigurdsson has priced himself out.

We need to go after more realistic targets and I say we should go after Deeney again.

10. Champions of England

I've explained my reason in another post, sorry I'm too lazy to find it but just scroll up a few

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Np mate - I am not saying your opinion is wrong, just giving another view.

12. Champions of England

For £35m? No thanks.

Silva will come because he has said he still wants to, he doesn't care that we're not in Europe, he wants to play in England. You should read the reports from Portugal and you'll see he wants to come, we just need to meet his release clause and he'll be a Leicester player, 100%.

Sigurdsson isn't going to get £120k off Everton and he'll get paid more at at Leicester too. Not sure if you realise they play less than we do? You should probably have a look at this it's quite surprising.

http://sportsmaza.com/football/everton-players-salaries-wages/

Sigurdsson is in our price range but he'll have to come down a bit and have a good bonus. Not sure which other teams can afford him who'll want him? Spurs can't afford him either because they also pay less than us. Amazingly again. Who else is there? West Ham? Us or them with selling their vision for the future and it's a no brainer for him.

13. Champions of England

Oh I know mate that's all good, I'm enjoying debating

14. Champions of England

So in a nutshell although I understand the whole United link, I don't see him jumping under his dad's shadow and becoming the Schmeichel that wasn't as good. He wants to be his own man and that would undo all that and that's why he wouldn't, in my opinion.

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Just read that is what Watford want for him - I agree, screw that.

Here is a list of the total wage bills for each club - http://www.totalsportek.com/money/english-premier-league-wage-bills-club-by-club/

We have one of the smallest wage bills in the league - Spurs are almost double ours.

The highest earner for us is Vardy who is on £80k and the majority are on below £40k. Is a testament to our owners for being that strict.

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He is in his prime right now and has won the Premier League which Man Utd havent done in 4 seasons - with De Gea almost definitely leaving this is the best time for him to join if he wants to. Read that he would be £30M+ and given how dire Bravo is who cost around £20M, we should up that.

17. Champions of England

Yeah we have one of the lowest wage bills but we pay our top players higher than Spurs and Everton. The figures you're quoting were pre winning the league, since then they've all had decent hikes and Vardy and Mahrez are both on £100k and Kasper and Drinky on £90k. Lloris is on £80k and their highest and Lukaku £90k and he's theirs.

Still don't see him fancying United, to me it's the last place he'd go but we'll see I guess

18. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Silva and Siggurdson are gettable definitely.

I've said this about Silva, let's test the water and see. I have no idea what he thinks and wants but let's test and see if his vocal interest in joining us last summer was purely CL related or if he genuinely wants to play in England which would put us right in the frame

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If what you are saying is true then it is more likely that the likes of Kasper will be moving on as we would be buggered by FFP as we are on half the income next season without Europe.

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Sporting refused to let him go and made us meet his minimum fee of €45M - with the exchange rate buggered, doubt we can afford that now.