1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland 0 v 2 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 7, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The only thing Stoke showed me is how stupid they are . I'd take Bony in a heartbeat ...it's one of those " Prove yourself " to the past team scenarios by having a great follow up year situations. The biggest roadblock is he won't wanna come to us IMO .I think we or his agent still owe money to him or something , read something somewhere

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Bony is finished like valley says. nobody rates the guy anymore as we can all see, even stoke cant wait to off load him and his best bet is to try china. We would be better to break the bank and pay Llorentte top wages we can and the same can be said for gylfi.....We have some billionaires on the board who could easily afford to pay their wages if they wanted to and forget about has beens like the Bony's out there.....We have to break our wages if we are going to attract the caliber of striker needed for next season anyway so we just as well do our best to try and keep the two best players we have and pay them what they are worth to us......

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he is finished at all, he fell out with Hughes (easy to do) and I think he still has it in him, Breezy is spot on, and showing more footy insight than both you Dai and Valley, how can you say he's finished? Crazy...............<ok>

aswan_dam likes this.
  4. DragonPhilljack

This doesn't make sense, we need more goals, hence Bony, so how does Sinclair figure in the equation? He is neither a striker or has goals in him to talk about.............<ok>

5. swanseaandproud

I dont believe any manager would not play a player if he is good enough just because of bad words.....Bony is just happily picking up his mega wages not caring to preform good enough to be selected...Do we really need a player like that......He couldn't wait to leave us last time and refused to come back when he had the chance so why should we worry about a player like that....

6. DragonPhilljack

Since when did he refuse to come back, and how could he, since we never went back in for him, you seem to be talking fairy stories, lets have the proof Dai where it was reported that we made a loan bid for him? You are back in your usual style..............<laugh>

7. swanseaandproud

WHAT???? You cant have followed Scott's season with Celtc dragon....He is Scotland's player of the season.

55282 likes this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

SPL? Don't make me laugh................<laugh>

9. swanseaandproud

Now you are being silly.....

10. DragonPhilljack

Taffvalerowdy likes this.

11. DragonPhilljack

Swansea City Player Ratings
    Lukasz Fabianski – 7/10
    Had to make a couple of smart stops. But other than that, he did not have much to do. A dependable presence in between the sticks.

Kyle Naughton – 8/10
    Defended well for most parts of the game, but his most vital contribution came at the other end when he scored a stunning goal to put the game to bed.

Federico Fernandez – 7/10
    Showed great responsibility at the back. Did not really allow the Sunderland attack any chance. A solid display.

Alfie Mawson – 7/10
    A couple of poor decisions when in possession aside, Mawson put in another reliable performance at the back.

Martin Olsson – 7.5/10
    Made most of the space afforded to him as he ran up and down all day on the left side. His willingness and fight to win the ball back led to the second goal.

Leon Britton – 8.5/10
    What a difference he has made in the past month! The little man put in another huge performance in the middle of the park. Showed great spirit and energy. Battled hard and bossed the midfield.

Ki Sung-Yeung – 6/10
    Slid in a perfect pass to set Naughton up for the second goal, but apart from that, he did not enjoy a very good game. His decision making let him down at times, tackles did not stick.

Tom Carroll – 7/10
    Put in a good shift and worked hard to keep his team on the front foot. Was involved in the build-up to the second goal.

Gylfi Sigurdsson – 7/10
    Set up the opener with a beautiful ball to Llorente. Was denied a goal by Didier NDong. Sunderland tried hard to keep him quiet but failed.

Jordan Ayew – 6/10
    His pace when going forward was key as he provided Swansea an outlet in the channels. Needs to do more though.

Fernando Llorente – 7/10
    Opened the scoring from the back of his head. Always a threat in the box and a willing helper in his own box as well.

Substitutes
    Leroy Fer – 6/10
    Came on for Ki in the 67th minute. Gave away a foul immediately after coming on. Steady after that.

Jack Cork – NA
    Replaced Britton in the 77th minute.

Luciano Narsingh – NA
    Came on in the added minute.

Link: http://soccersouls.com/2017/05/14/b...rst-rated-swansea-city-players-vs-sunderland/

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

13. London_Jack

London_Jack Well-Known Member

Scotland's player of the season is like being 'the funniest German' tho innit?

14. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Didn't get back till very late last night. But what a day. the football wasn't the best, we did what was needed and had won the game by half time. The second half we did all we had to do and made sure we didn't give the lead away as there was no need to chase a 3rd. The jack army were superb and sang from start to finish.

Dragon I see that they only gave Ayew a 6 in those ratings. Funny how people see games as all by us thought he had an outstan
    Let them think there was only 2k there, The jack army made the noise of 30k. Something both those clubs fans could never hope to replicate.

Yesterday I got my buzz back, one fantastic day.

15. trundles left foot

Get in there Zaha. 1-0 Palace 3 mins

swan_and_only likes this.
  16. DragonPhilljack

It was the ratings from Soccersouls.com, and I agree that 6 for Ayew was harsh, I too thought he did better than that, and I would have given him a 7, I only put the player ratings up, to stick Britton's 8.5 under Dai's nose, you know, the Dai that thinks Leon is finished and past it!.........<laugh>

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

More like 4,000 and not including rows sitting in the home end

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. trundles left foot

We are just lucky Clemment knows more than Dai and he picks the side, funny that since Britons return, played 4 10 points and only 1 goal conceded and that was a dodgy pen. But Dai knows best

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Scored more goals in last 5 games than Bony in last 3 years.

I wanted Bony in the summer, but the reality is, he's finished at the top level. If he couldn't get in Stokes side, why the hell should we be looking at him. Time to move on. He would be a shadow of the player we had.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  20. trundles left foot

I am not convinced that Bony is finished. Some players just don't work at some clubs and if we could loan him I think he would be worth a punt. As for Sinclair he has had a great season, but if I were playing for celtic I think I would have scored more goals than Bony. It is not difficult up there. Sinclair will be there to stay now. But I wouldn't turn him down.