1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SuperMeat - Science has found a way of eating Meat without hurting animals or environment.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I've been a vegan for a while, but I never thought I'd say... GO AHEAD, eat meat! SuperMeat that is!

I can't believe Science will have a means to produce meat without the slaughter, global warming or deprivation of resources from starving people.

This is groundbreaking. Must watch bitches.

Donate below.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/supermeat-real-meat-without-harming-animals/x/4593653#/

I've donated to this cause. I still wouldn't recommend meat for your health, but that's your own business if you're not harming anyone or anything else.

I don't see why anyone wouldn't back this. We all know what we do to animals is bad, and this is a resolution for everyone!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

You can't replace the real thing though Tash. Trying new meat is fun and it's what we've been given our gnashers for.

Each to their own of course and I have to say I've eaten some really nice veggie type dishes also. Veggies are more colourful too and better to digest.
    I'm just discovering Halloumi and the many different ways that can be cooked.

To whet your appetite I've recent eaten:

Chicken Heads
    Sheep Penis
    Chicken Brain
    Chicken Stomach
    Chicken Joints
    Cows Ventricle
    1000 year old eggs (basically rotten eggs in Jelly)
    Black Tripe
    Duck Blood bean curd
    Chickens Feet
    Donkey Wrap/Burger
    Cows Intestines
    Duck Heads
    Crocodile

...all in a week......

..... with NO salad. :emoticon-0165-muscl

Skylarker likes this.
  3. Darth Tash

Did you watch the video.

THIS IS the real thing. It's not fake or mock meat. It's REAL meat. They do it from taking cells from animals and creating the meat without the killing process.

Watch the video m8.

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

A lot of the texture and flavour of the meat comes from the rearing and feeding of an animal. Not sure that can be replicated in a lab.

The lass in the vid is hot though.

The professor looks like an actor too so the authenicity of this vid seems a tad questionable.

5. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

From a man who once had a T-shirt saying

" I love animals.
    They taste delicious"

I would be bang up for trying this meat.
    Thing is though, we would continue to breed cows, chickens and sheep but what about pigs? They serve no other purpose to human beings than being meat. This will stop the slaughter but may also deny them life in the first place!

6. Blacker-than-Knight

If you follow the vegan agenda through to it's end then the vast majority of domesticated animals become superfluous, the herds and flocks along with pigs will disappear and the landscape will be forever changed.

7. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with real meat.

Skylarker likes this.
  8. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with real meat that's been raised in small caring environments and then killed humanely in small local butchers and abbatoirs.

The animal has a better upbringing, and is unaware of its demise and tastes far better than the supermarket stuff.

I don't get the Vegan Agenda. I've seen them go on about 'Ethical Compost' where no manure from animals are used which is utterly bonkers.

There are lots of problems with this Supermeat idea and it's just reeks of something that's taking GM Foods a step too far. In the US, for example, they have problems with their meat due to the hormones and anti-biotics fed to the animals (in the US 90% of antibiotics go to agriculture for their meat, veg and fruit which is why their food is so plentiful but so crap and harmful in the long term).

Sorry, no. I would rather a hand reared Welsh Black raised on the Llŷn on good grass free of additives than any of this. This isn't meat at all, this is something out of a very bad science-fiction novel. And the bit where they mentioned 'mass production' and that could monitor every stage of the process (i.e. additives) that just made my skin crawl.

Vegans, as well as anyone, interested in the quality of their food should be appalled at this.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  9. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Tash I'm with you brother if I'm honest I think there's less wrong with eating people

10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dont see the problem with eating animals myself. After all that is what they have been grown for. If we didnt eat them they wouldnt get to have their couple of years on earth first anyway. The egg laying hens, milk producing cows etc are bred for that purpose and are not killed for meat anyway.
    Do vegans actually imagine a world filled with cows if we dont eat them?
    Me - I prefer fish. I realise this is contributing to depletion of fish stocks but I deal with this ethical dilemma by only eating the ones that taste nice.

11. Darth Tash

Yes this will reduce their numbers massively but -

1. Some people will still breed them because they enjoy being around the animal. Some of these farm animals are just as emotionally complex and intelligent as your dog.

2. It's not really a life if they live simply to suffer and die. If they are going to live, they should be given a life the same as a humans.

12. Darth Tash

1. Because it's bad for you. You've been lied to into thinking you need to get your protein from meat, and calcium from cows milk. It's completely unnecessary for your health and survival.

2. If we all stopped eating meat instantly then yes I agree they'd all be killed, however that's why it would have to be a slow process in changing. We'd have to consume the ones that are alive right now, but some of them would be spared by farmers who simply like them being alive. Most factory farm animals don't have much of a life at all.

3. Because it's the leading cause of climate change. It's not sustainable, we'll have to end it eventually.

4. We don't imagine a world filled with cows, and it's actually damaging to the environment to have this many cows on the planet.

Having more of the animal on the planet is not the best thing for the species or the planet. There'll be 10 billion humans on the planet in about 100 years, is that the best thing for this species? Hundreds of millions if not billions of these humans will barely have a life worth living unless we come up with a solution fast.

13. Darth Tash

"Nothing wrong with Real Meat".

Actually it is real meat.

"... That's been raised in small caring environments and then killed humanely".

- In order for this to be the reality for all factory farm animals, you'd have to accept that you cannot eat as much as you eat now, and would have to significantly reduce your consumption. As long as humans continue to want as much meat as they do, it will always have to be mass produced and therefore in the hands of sociopathic corporations.

- When you say killed humanely, what do you mean? The thing that separates us from the animals is our empathy and compassion, and I don't see how killing an animal is ok simply because it didn't suffer than much.

Is it ok to kill my dog as long as It didn't suffer? The only thing that separates dogs from Pigs is culture, and Culture/tradition is a poor excuse to kill animals. Being Humane is about empathy and compassion, and I don't see how killing an animal for our own pleasure can be considered humane.

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Genetically we have big spikey teeth in our mouth... not to rip through some Tofu.... to tear the ass off a lovely fillet steak. It's the same in the Animal kingdom. The Lion King didn't have a Halloumi salad.

It's god's will.

Tash- bool down to Five Guys and treat yourself or Nando's for a pile of wings.

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

The best steakhouses are in the US.

Moretons and Ruth Chris'.

please log in to view this image

16. Darth Tash

Big spikey teeth? LOL. Compare our canines to that of carnivores and other omnivores bro. These little things we have make no difference.

And meat does nothing to benefit our health. Personally, I noticed an instant improvement in my athletic performance since giving up meat.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  17. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Sorry Tash - I thought you were arguing from the cows point of view! You are quite right that emissions from cows are a major source of atmospheric methane but it has always struck me that if you could harness this you could actually improve the environment by reducing coal mining, fracking and conventional hydrocarbon exploitation. It would mean more factory farming but just think of the environmental benefits. We could have our meat and eat it too! I would also propose this for the unemployed as well - in return for benefits they must be hooked up to the methane collectors for 8hrs per day.

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  18. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Are we talking about eating it though or bashing it?

19. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I with you tash don't see why this has to happen if it can be avoided.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  20. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

It's all about Halaal Meat, that's the best!

In all honesty though I dont think it's animals that are the problem, i think its people. we continue to grow and mutiply whilst consuming as much as we can like locust! Eating animals is fine, but not sustainable at the current human growth rate. Well not ethically sustainable. Messing around with fake meat and hormones and sh!t is the quickest way to a zombie apocolypse! (bit dramatic) but where do things like the Zirka virus and Ebola come from, i genuinely believe its our messing around with stuff we dont understand! Couples throughout the world should be limited 2 children. The guy on the front of the Sun yesterday has 27/28 children which is abhorent and disgusting!

I'm quite up for the whole Zombie thing, i rate my chances of survival.