1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporter Committee (not sure for which club though)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by AlRawdah, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

They've squirreled the nuts of it, nowt surprising, though. Talks cheap for the Allams.

2. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Sometime this week.

3. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I could have gone down and stood outside as the Soccer Saturday reporter.

Cheers Geoff!

4. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Seriously. I am a big sceptic about this whole contrived fan discussion ****e, but I will be really chuffed if those who can do. Things I'm seeing gives me confidence. Good luck. <ok>

5. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

More than a few times in the past the fans goodwill has been manipulated and misused by the club so you are right to be sceptical, but lets give it a go.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It seems that everything did get discussed, despite an agenda that didn't include the use of the clubs name, concessions, the badge etc, they were all discussed and despite the attendees being hand picked, it sounds like they all pretty much said the same things.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Hull City Supporters' Trust 'cautiously optimistic' after first fans meeting with the club

Hull City fans have met with the club for the first time under a new arrangement to build a bridge between supporters and management.

And the Hull City Supporters' Trust believe the club took a strong message away from the first committee meeting held at the KCOM last night.

Under the new arrangement, Tigers officials will meet with the fans in a quarterly meeting in which the club will attempt to work with supporters and listen to their views.

It was the opportunity for 12 fans to air their views with the club on behalf of the fanbase, with representatives from four major supporter groups; The Official Supporters' Club, the Hull City Supporters' Trust, Senior Tigers and Electric Eels.

Eight season membership holders, two from each stand, completed the committee line up.

Tom Rowell, the club's marketing, communications and ticketing manager hosted the meeting in which fans' representatives raised issues around the controversial concessions prices and membership scheme, while the club focused on 'matchday experience'.

Geoff Bielby, chairman of the supporters' trust, was at the meeting and came away "cautiously optimistic" that their issues had been listened to.

"The meeting was really quite positive. It was a welcome opportunity for the fans to express their issues with the club and the club listened," Bielby told the Mail.

"We left the meeting with a feeling of cautious optimism, knowing that the fans had sent a strong message to club.

"The club raised the idea of adult prices going up to accommodate concessions and I think everyone agreed that if that was the case then so be it. Most fans would see sense about this I think and realise that by offering no concessions potential future fans are being priced out.

"The minutes will be published by the club, but the proof in the pudding will be if the club actually make changes. Actions speak louder than words in my opinion and only time will tell."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull...0297928-detail/story.html#jZISQmeoH117f0EL.99

Happy Tiger and Sir Cheshire Ben like this.
  8. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Electric Eels appears to be a strange inclusion, unless I'm missing something.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  9. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Hull City does not have a group that represents supporters with disabilities.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It is. As far as I'm aware they're nothing to do with City and have never been considered a City supporter group (though some of their players might be supporters?). They're a powerchair football team for anyone who doesn't know. Presumably there's some kind of requirement to have a disability group involved, but even then it's a tenuous link.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yeah I think this is it. Wonder how many clubs do have specifically disability focussed groups though.

12. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

yeah I though that

weren't they a group kicked out of Airco? even so I'm not sure why they are representative of fans (unless they are the disabled group with most disabled City fans I suppose)

13. Sir Cheshire Ben

It may have been a better option to approach a couple of our disabled supporters direct & ask them to be involved. Maybe also their, or other, helpers.

14. The Omega Man

This is an issue that both supporters groups need to look at. In our last Tigermag we had an article about the Eel's but we do not actually address any of the issues around access etc.
    There is a problem in the North Stand wheelchair area, it is difficult for some users to see over the heads of the support standing front of them. Perhaps we can do a survey at a game and find out what problems there are.

15. dennisboothstash

and / or to support them to set up a small group to gather views of disabled supports?

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  16. dennisboothstash

a specific disability group, or one as a committee of OSC or HCST would be ideal I'd think. Although you can't force one on people though

17. Sir Cheshire Ben

18. The Omega Man

I was thinking about maybe us just finding out if there are any issues and having a point of contact in each group.

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Last words. TWT he he

20. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Re the Eels being included.

I'm on the committee at the Eels and the first we knew about being on the new Supporter's Committee was when City announced it some weeks ago.
    We sent a representative last night (not me) who'll report back to us shortly. We DID have a lot of our players/parents with season tickets until this season when
    some junior disabled fans were priced out. We still have around 7 or 8 - me and my son included.

Recently we've been working more closely with the Tiger's Trust and we think this is why they selected us.

When we have more information about our role I'm sure I'll be able to update everyone and pass on our reps contact for those interested.

Thanks.