1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporters Committee Meeting

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 10, 2017.

1. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I'd like to think that the people, myself included, that boycott would move them to the exit door that bit quicker John, but you're more than likely right, it won't have the desired effect. However I'm afraid that I'm now at the point that I couldn't bear to think that any of my families money, no matter how small that amount may be, is going to end up as part of the boy blunders inheritance.

I'm out.

2. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

It will have the desired effect if they are still here in two years (but not before).

3. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

still the proudest i've ever been to be a city fan
    this is why they changed the stands from the east corner to the north stand i 100% promise you

why the **** are we not protesting anymore? we had genuine support throughout the football community. we need to get back to it
    ehab allam is a ****ing ****

4. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

look at this, in the season we got promoted with bruce..
    barnsley and huddersfield both needed a draw to stay up..

what a video.. this is why we ****ing love english football. there is nothing like it in world football
    we got promoted to the prem for the 2nd time.. and now huddersfield get to the prem and we sell all our biggest assets..

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I can fully understand and respect your decision, frankly if I was 20 years younger maybe I would feel different. I am late sixties now, and don't know how long I have left, and I just have taken the view that these people could be here for another 5 years, and I couldn't bear the thought of never seeing the team I have supported since 1958 again.

We all have our personal reasons, and we just have to go with what we feel is best for ourselves.

6. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I watched that clip expecting something, but what the **** was that? Brady - you owe me 7 minutes of my life back.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

There is no one more apposed to what the Allams have done to the club than me, and I would support protests, I just feel that whatever we do it falls on deaf ears with them, and in a perverse sort of way it feels as if doing this strengthens their resolve to stay.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  8. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

They aren't leaving until at least the money tree is turned off. If you want to see the team then you may as well attend. Reassess in two years when you become "relevant" again.

9. mauled1904

mauled1904 Well-Known Member

Do they have concessions at concerts? Not been to one in a while.

10. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Maybe not. They do at cinemas, theatres and other places of entertainment though.

Don't think too many OAPs and under 10s go to Metallica concerts and the like in any case.

11. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Thanks!

12. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

All football clubs in the Premier league and English Football Leagues have concessions, with the exception of us.

13. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I certainly agree the move was to disrupt that section who will almost 100% have been No voters and clearly were the most vociferous. This action ruined any passion that existed at the KC, which in their eyes was turning against them. Confirmation that 'cleansing' was the motive was confirmed by the unhelpful process those affected had to go through to move seats. No consultation, no prior communication. For groups to guarantee seats together they had to act immediately, ie within 1 or 2 weeks of the move been announced. They also had to go to the ticket office as a group. The move was announced immediately after the FA cup final, when everyone was on a high, which minimised any chances of a protest. It was also very divisive as because of the timing, those unaffected didn't share the concerns, which created resentment. Many no voters didn't renew and it was the beginning of the end for many more.
    That despicable act was clearly to target sections of the most passionate and longest standing supporters because they dared not to agree. For me, it was a game changer. The passion/ banter with away section has gone. The 5 of us who use to attend did renew that season, I think probably more down to stubbornness and to protest from within. But the match day experience had changed and so none of us renewed the following season. Without City, Saturdays were rubbish and we lasted 3 games...(that showed them!) before some of us returned.
    We had those same 5 seats in E2 from when we moved into the KC. As it was above an entrance, it was a rare block of just 4 seats (plus one in the row behind) which was great for us as we would arrive late from the pub and then leave to go to the bar early at halftime without disturbing anyone. We assumed we'd have them until we were gone and we were still spring chickens then (mainly in our 40's) and joked we'd get a name plate put on as each one became empty when we popped our clogs.

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

That is why I have a feeling they will be with us for 5 years. If they do as you say and take the parachute payments, and continue to sell the family silver as they have started to do already, then the club will be worth much less to a possible buyer with the income being reduced dramatically.

They are walking a fine line, if they can get the club back up to the EPL without spending much and just use the loan market, then it will sell. If not then we will be left with a club that has sold it's best players, parachute payments have stopped, and the main income will be coming from the gate receipts.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Obviously promotion is a bonus but I think/reckon they are getting the wage down to a manageable mid table,championship,team. Reliant on producing our own. While still making us an interesting proposition for a sale.

Then again yorkys might be right and we're sold within the month...

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  16. mauled1904

mauled1904 Well-Known Member

I'm not denying that but the original question was, is there anything else that doesn't have concessions.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Newland Tiger and Cortez91 like this.
  18. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

19. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Anybody expecting anything different though ?

Fez and PLT like this.
  20. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I was expecting half of the minutes to about introducing food on the concourse prepared by left handed people only or new methods to ensure the grass on the pitch remains between 3mm and 7mm on each Thursday of the year.

They're still going on about seat covers? They're supposed to be fans that are representative of us - who does seat person represent? Armchair fans?