1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Burnley

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I think we all got fooled there Valley, does anyone know where the fekk he is anyone??? Is he ****, depressed, crocked what?? just what's wrong with this guy??

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

He was on the bench on Saturday!

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Clement brought Ayew on though PGF who, imo, has potential but right now is ok at best. You'd have though he'd have looked to our most expensive signing.

If Clement doesn't trust Borja Baston then why have him on the bench? I've got a theory about that.

There have been whispers that Borja had made a mistake and didn't want to be here under Bradley. Ki and Montero were unhappy under the bewildered one and they've been missing for a long time too with not so serious 'injuries'. It could be that Clement is rebooting these players, psychologically speaking because all three lost the plot a bit when Brad was here.

I think, in Borja's case, Clement is maybe keeping him close to the heat, on the bench, to try to rekindle his desire to play again. A lot of the professional game is played in the head and I think, we all saw it, under Bradley, Ki, Montero lost their way and Borja, it seems lost the plot. First he was injured, then unfit, then whispers of being unhappy and making a mistake were rumoured. But I reckon all of them were stripped of their confidence which, Clement, or should we call him Freud, has been rebuilding.

I think we'll see Borja soon, along side Llorente, and he'll be our secret weapon to continue our climb up the table. I think we'll see two new players in Ki and Montero on the scene, as subs, but players we can rely on. Of course they could all just be injured or in recovery.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I sure like this theory and suspect there might be something to it also . If Llorente leaves next season I can see Clement having Baston ready to go .

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well I was over the moon that we signed Baston, never thought he would be a dud!......... <laugh>