1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swindon Pair

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BushBaby, May 25, 2015.

1. knocker

knocker New Member

get in quick before any transfer embargo!

Shawswood likes this.
  2. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm afraid we have been the Exxon Valdez of the transfer market in the past, we just don't manoeuvre quick enough!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. Chiswick Ranger

Chiswick Ranger New Member

I'm pretty sure the board have decided to move quickly on recruiting new blood because there will be a transfer embargo in the offing which will definitely have an impact on how we start our season in the championship.

I have a bad feeling that we will be hit with a fine as expected, but I also believe we will be hit with a transfer embargo for two transfer windows at least which will hurt us badly.

4. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

QPR999 likes this.
  5. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Cheers! Very exciting indeed :emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0157-sun:

UTRs likes this.
  6. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

I really think its over dramatic to talk about transfer embargo for FPP breach.

Firstly I’d ask where is the precedent of a FFP breach resulting in transfer embargo? As far as I am aware punishments have been fines and smaller squads in European competition no embargo’s.

Secondly I’d ask where is the logic? An embargo would mean we need to retain players that we cant replace who likely would otherwise leave. Lowering the wage bill and improving the financial state of the club. E.g. Austin and Fer. An embargo would punish those players and be counter productive to the collective aim of having the club comply with FFP

Really do think you are miles off and scare mongering with talk of transfer embargo’s

Does look like this deal has a good shot of going through quickly. I would suggest to stop other clubs gazumping us and also because if that’s who we’ve targeted it’s the sensible thing to do.

Credit where credit’s due if the club pull this one off.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/12973453._/?

GoldhawkRoad likes this.
  7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How reliable is this?

8. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

He is proper football journalist :)

9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

10. loomo

loomo Active Member

Now on the BBC website on sports updates

11. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That makes a change.......:emoticon-0140-rofl:

BushBaby likes this.
  12. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I agree with the point about transfer embargo and being too pessimistic. It must be remembered too, that TF has done a deal with the Football League that in return for them creating no difficulties in us returning to the Championship, QPR have agreed to abide by any decision made by an arbitration panel. So if there is a transfer embargo, it is the panel not the League that imposes it. My instinct is that such a panel would be more likely to opt for a monetary fine rather than take steps effectively to restrict how a club is able to operate in the future.

13. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Firstly, a transfer embargo is not on the agenda, will definitely not happen.
    A transfer embargo is as far as I know only related to fees being paid. You can still sign free transfers and loans without loan fees, wages only. Again, won't be a topic.

A fine is very likely though. The ongoing discussions between the Football League and the club is a face saving exercise by the Football League and something the club can live with imo. Expect a nominal fine at no more than a tenth of the £50 million touted about.

14. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

Wow, if this is true goodbye Exxon Valdez.....hello Riva Launch!!!

15. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Don't know where Transfermarket get their figures from, but the value they have placed on Luongo is £1.32m, and for Gladwin £320k, adding up to a total of £1.64m for the pair??

16. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Luogao having med as we speak, Gladwin later today...on West London news

Could be>...

17. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

OK so not officially over the line just yet but I'm finding this very encouraging stuff to be reading about for a change.

Hopefully this really is a sign that lessons have be learnt at QPR!

18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Let's hope so!

Despite much grumbling on the forum about Chris Ramsey, he seems to be acting in a very dynamic and speedy manner....and buying what seems to be the correct type of players.

It all makes for an interesting summer and I look forward to seeing the first results in August. In the meanwhile, I think we should back off the criticisms of CR. He is our manager (for better or for worse) so let's give the man a chance.

So yes, all very positive so far!

UTRs likes this.
  19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Leeds, Forest and Blackburn all had them for FFP breaches this season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...m-forest-financial-fair-play-transfer-embargo

Lot of wishful thinking going on here.

20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Leeds embargo was ended early, this month - the Football League have failed to comment on why. Could it possibly be illegality , breach of competition laws etc?

The following is an article published recently in the Independent. Interestingly, no mention is made of an embargo:

Jack Pitt-Brooke

Monday 11 May 2015

Queen’s Park Rangers’ players seemed to meekly accept their relegation from the Premier League on Sunday but the club have insisted they would fight the Football League’s attempts to fine them £50m for Financial Fair Play breaches in the 2013-14 season.

Losing 6-0 at Manchester City confirmed QPR’s relegation into the Championship and therefore made them accountable again to the Football League for their financial results from last season, which they filed in December.

The Football League believe that the club are in breach of their Financial Fair Play regulations over £60m of loans written off by the club’s owners. That includes a loan of £53.7m from Tune QPR, the company through which chairman Tony Fernandes and others own a majority stake in the club. If that injection of money is not accepted, QPR will be judged to have lost £69.7m in 2013-14. That is a sum far in excess of Football League’s rules and would leave them liable to a fine in the region of £50m.

QPR, though, are legally challenging the Football League’s FFP laws, with the hope of overturning them and thereby being able to play in the Championship next season without having to pay the fine. The club’s legal case will go to independent arbitration and only if and when QPR lose will they be liable to pay the fine.

“Legal proceedings are ongoing between QPR Football Club and the Football League,” the club said in a statement. “QPR challenges the legality of the Football League’s Championship Financial Fair Play Rules and any charge against QPR (if any) for breach of FFP Rules shall not be commenced pending the outcome of that challenge. The proceedings are confidential in nature and neither party is entitled to comment upon the proceedings until the independent arbitral panel has delivered its decision.”

QPR’s legal challenge is a landmark case which if successful would fatally undermine the Football League’s attempts to impose their own FFP framework. The club’s arguments are likely to focus on how the Football League’s own FPP rules have changed, with the possibility of a competition law challenge on the basis that the League was abusing its dominant position in an anti-competitive manner.

If the challenge fails, and the FFP laws stand, QPR’s owners will have to pay the fine. The Football League’s FFP system does not have the same plea-bargain mechanism that Uefa does, which means that the strict guidelines for FFP fines are more prescriptive.

The consequence will be that QPR would find it harder to negotiate a smaller fine, although a compromise is possible, with the next Championship season starting on 8 August. The fine, if they paid, would likely go to charity, despite the Football League’s original wish that fines be redistributed to compliant clubs.

If QPR did not agree to pay then, hypothetically, they would be barred from playing in next season’s Football League. Shaun Harvey, the Football League chief executive, warned at the SoccerEx conference last year that that was a possibility, with QPR relegated to the Conference if they refused to pay. The club, though, were absolutely insistent last night that they will be playing in the Championship next season.

Chris Ramsey is likely to continue as QPR manager next season and there is support for him from among the players. Midfielder Leroy Fer said in the aftermath of the heavy defeat at the Etihad Stadium that the players would like Ramsey to continue to help them win promotion back to the top flight next year.

“We would like him to stay because in the last weeks he has made us play football better even if we didn’t get the results,” Fer said. “It was a hard job for him to help us stay up and he’s been unlucky too. But I think he has done a great job and he knows what this club is all about. I hope he stays, makes us a better team and gets us back up.”