1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sylla

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Oslo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

QPR striker Sylla given warning
    By David McIntyre 19/01/2017

please log in to view this image

QPR striker Idrissa Sylla has been warned about his conduct after reacting angrily to being substituted – and has been told he will be axed if there is any repeat.

Sylla was unhappy with Ian Holloway’s decision to take him off during the televised match against Reading last week.

That did not go down well with manager Holloway, who has accused the player of showing a lack of respect.

“I had one who didn’t look too happy when I brought him off live on the telly last week,” Holloway said.

“I’ve made him know that’s not acceptable. It’s not about me, it’s about the person I’m putting on. What are you saying to him? Are you better than him then?

Holloway spoke to Sylla after the incident

“I can’t get over it – the selfish attitude that stinks through football needs to change. Will it? It will in my environment. This is my environment. If the lads don’t like it they can jog on.”

Holloway insisted Sylla was showing signs of fatigue during the 1-0 win at the Madejski Stadium, where Jamie Mackie’s first-half goal gave Rangers victory.

He therefore decided to replace Sylla with recent loan signing Kazenga LuaLua.

Sylla has scored six goals for QPR

“If you’re tiring I’m going to bring you off – simple as that,” Holloway said.

“I don’t mind people not wanting to come off, but you’ve got to show you’re as fit as everyone else and running around as much as them.

“He was disappointed as he felt he was playing well and felt he had a lot more in the tank.

“I said ‘Do you understand where I need you to run? You looked tired – more tired than Jamie Mackie and he’s been out for seven months – so don’t look tired. And if you ever look like that at one of my decisions again, you’ll be sat on that bench or you’ll be out of here’.

“He can’t show disrespect like that. But that’s the modern thing. Football’s changed.”

2. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

FFS Ollie! Keep it in- house behind 4 walls, just you and him, and calmly! Players not wanting to come off is hardly unusual, like it or not. It's not helping spreading that in the media, it may really piss him off, send him in the same direction as Polter, and he is our only striker. Handle him with some respect too!

3. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

We didn't look like scoring again when he went off! It's a bit of both in my opinion & both show they care & annoyed.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

“I had one who didn’t look too happy when I brought him off live on the telly last week,” Holloway said.

:emoticon-0136-giggl

5. N22hoop

N22hoop Well-Known Member

It's not like we've got a lorra strikers left

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

He was playing much better in the second half and I think he was confident there was a goal for him.

Seemed understandable reaction but can't remember if he wished Lua Lua well as they swapped. If he didn't then Ollie has a point otherwise I don't think it's worth a rant.

7. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

It's not like he threw a Chery unless there was something else that we did not see. If not, needlessly provocative from Holloway.

SW Ranger and Hoop-Leif like this.
  8. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Really don't like the way Holloway keeps discussing individual players with the media......needs to tone it down and do it behind closed doors

SW Ranger, mapleranger and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Farcical situation,i don't want to see utter dissent by a player when being taken off, but I want to see that it matters to the player and he wants to stay on and do his bit for us. For Ollie to come out publicly and state this is stupid in my book,he's our number one striker and we need him confident to fire in the goals we're so badly lacking. Just really poor handling of this in my opinion.

10. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

This 100%.

Ollie is right to pull him up about throwing strop's - just do it in private Olly. Thanks.

11. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Ollie is a likeable bloke but when he speaks to the media he drifts between entertaining and embarrassing. He's been a manager long enough to have developed some sense of what should and should not be publicised. Slating individual players surely is inappropriate, especially your most prolific scorer.

Kilburn, QPR Oslo, Wherever and 2 others like this.
  12. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

When I worked for BA and was a shift leader I always believed in this 'Praise in public *ollock in private'

Ranger4ever, Ninj and MelburnIAN like this.
  13. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

What he should've done is chastised Priscilla in private, but publicly commended him on his passion and desire to stay in the field. Who wouldn't want players that preferred to stay on and compete as opposed to Shaun Wrong-Footed, who was happy training with the Dagenham Girl Pipers?

14. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Let's hope this public bollocking motivates him and doesn't make him him put in a transfer request

15. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

olly is always right its ollies team now ,but cilla is still going to get at least 14 goals this season including hatricks against fulham and burtan

16. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Cilla doesn't understand English, so where's the problem?

17. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with everything Ollie says here but also 100% agree with you that he doesn't need to tell the media about it. It can be harmful. That's also what's wrong with the modern day... everything has to be in the bloody news... every knob's opinion, everyone's personal life.