1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tammy ****in Abraham

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by RobEllious, May 25, 2017.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I'm not keen on having players on loan anyway.
    Sure, it's worked out well for us with Atsu, but in general I'd like players commited to the cause and not simply looking to improve for the benefit of their 'parent' club.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

That's just hearsay though (has there even been confirmation of where he's signing?) it could just be Mawson has told him it's great while they're away. What I said is hearsay - none of us know really.

You're kidding yourself though if you think outside of our bubble people view Newcastle as anything other than a promoted side. Swansea have better players at present and are a current PL side. I don't think you'd find many outside of our fans who think otherwise

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I must be kidding myself then.

Firstly, as can be seen from the thread I didn't want Abrahams on loan. Not saying he's not promising but he isn't what we need. As I've said Batshuayia is more the level we should be pitching at.

Secondly, Swansea struggled for long periods last season and whilst they are a PL team they are no great shakes and have one, possibly two, stand out players and, if two, one of them is injury prone. There is not a great deal between top of Championship and bottom of PL as evidenced in recent years by Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and Leicester.

To any new player if they aren't looking at all factors at a prospective Club then I wouldn't want them. It should be everything Manager, current players, style of football, recent standards, facilities, prospects to name but a few. To say we can't compete with the bottom end of the PL Clubs on those factors and compare favourably is a distortion of reality.

Salomon #9 and Consett Mag like this.
  4. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

Nice <applause>

5. Warmir Pouchov

From a Newcastle fan perspective yes - but reality for fans of other clubs, and most importantly players, I think you would find is slightly different. Rightly or wrongly a year in the Championship most certainly does affect your ability to attract players on your return. We know this ourselves from last time. Who could we attract then? Misfits like Ben Arfa who was seen as trouble, and Tiote who was virtually unknown. After that it was the likes of Perch.

I just think there is a bit of delusion about how attractive we are. Rafa has some pull but he isn't going to make that much difference. Look at what has been done so far and who we are linked with. I don't mind I accept where we are and whereas the Abrahams of this world are certainly in our range, we have to accept that it's a tough task once we have clubs who competed in the league above us last season in direct competition - that is how football works, you don't just saunter back in and take your place above clubs you may consider inferior. The money isn't the issue we can compete. But players look at more than just the money. If you look at Newcastle realistically right now you'd say pretty much guaranteed for a hard slog. They might prove that wrong and have a cracking season but players and agents look at what is on paper. Swansea look weak too but they do have the likes of Mawson, Llorente, Montero, Sigurdsson

6. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

The last time we were regularly in Europe Abraham would have been a kid so there's would be little chance of our history/potential being a factor in his decision making. I do wonder, though, how much the choice of club was his decision or Chelsea's. If I were them I'd be picking the club I send a player on loan to.

I agree it's definitely no big deal. Most clubs will go in for players and lose out; it's just how it works.

magpie290761 likes this.
  7. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

8. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Deals like Atsu with an agreed option to buy with a player keen to prove himself like Atsu and play regularly are ok with me but loans to borrow someone you're never going to get to buy aren't for me as a PL club

9. Warmir Pouchov

Abraham dropped - I did say he looked ****ed. I thought Pickford had good distribution. Played one nice ball out which helped with goal but has just kicked everything else out play. He's ****ing killing us at present. Chilwell is excellent mind. If Chambers is available to a club like us, he'd be a great signing. Him and Mawson playing well again. This Swift from Reading would be interesting.

10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Who is this Baker lad? Who does he play for?

11. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

I don't know but he's right up our street....<whistle>

12. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

13. Warmir Pouchov

Chelsea of course

Flash likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

I say Chelsea but it is of course just the Chelsea Farm

Flash likes this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

****ing Pickford could have cost them 3 goals tonight with his passing. I'm all for playing out but aside from a top class one for the goal, he played 2 straight to the oppo forwards, 3 or 4 straight out of play in our own half. Needs to tighten his **** up because if he does that against ze Germans they'll murder us.

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Best fans?

Only half of them turn up... then half of the half **** off on 60 mins..... best fans..... <laugh>

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  17. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

They operate like they've got a Chelsea B in the Championship. Can't keep going, something's gotta give. FFP hasn't made a lick of fcking difference. Football's administrators are such a bunch of hackneyed old tossbags.

RobEllious likes this.
  18. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Watched the England U21 game tonight.
    Not impressed by Abraham at all, and that was before he missed a pen. Think he had a poor tournament.

Hope we don't sign him. Championship might just be his level.

19. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Aye the reality that FFP has only doomed us by causing clubs to think smarter. We should have gone for an academy/English players quota with FFP because as long as the lines are anymore blurred than that you will always get clubs attempting the dishonest way around things.

20. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

How would that work?