1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Rochdale (home)

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPRski, Aug 22, 2016.

1. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Following the recent results, we have an opportunity to bounce back to winning ways and even to extend a “cup run”. It should also be an opportunity to “rest” some key players, but this is more of a dilemma.

Ingram in goal is a no brainer. Also, should he put in another good performance, then I hope wins a chance for the first team as here we do have a good back up.

The defence is more troublesome should we wish to rest players. In central defence we have Hall available who should play and partner either Onuoha or Caulker. I would give a run out to Kpekawa at left back as he is already on the fringe of the team and if he is to play, then it should be such matches. As Furlong is loaned out, then for right back we only have either Perch or Onuoha.

We also don’t seem to have many options for defensive midfield. As Henry has as played every match to date, he probably deserves a rest more than anybody else. Thus, I would partner Luongo with Petrasso. However, we may see a surprise appearance of either Sandro or Tozser (or even both?).

Washington should start in attack and for the offensive midfield I would put Cousins in the centre, flanked by El Khayati and Shopido.

Thus, my team would be as follows, but it quite a lottery:

-------------------------Ingram-------------------------
    ---Onuoha----Caulker------Hall-----Kpekawa--
    -------------Petrasso----------Luongo--------------
    --Shopido----------Cousins---------El Khayati--
    ---------------------Washington---------------------

I will be interested to see who JFH picks and how they perform.

2. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Some good ideas there Ski
    Only one who looks wrong to me is Petrasso in the 2, I thought he was a wide player and played further forward?

If Sandro and Tosser are still with us and fit why not play them. They should be able to make contributions against Rochdale, and Henry, Luongo and Cheri probably all need rest.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Oslo - to be honest I have almost forgotten where he really plays (but of course, you are correct)

We really do not have many back up players for some positions and Petrasso could/should get a run out. It is a case of who do we have available and where we can play them. I admit that I "squeezed" him into that position.

If JFH wants to rest some players then he could turn to Sandro and Tozser for the defensive midfield. But will they really be motivated after being frozen out? I doubt if I would chose them. Alternatively, we could see Henry and Luongo again after drinking a few Red Bulls?

It will be very interesting to see what JFH will actually chooses as I am sure that he would like to get a positive result.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  4. QPR Oslo

And we are well overdue a Cup run!

Tramore Ranger and QPRski like this.
  5. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

but should we risk injuries to our best players and destroy any chance of making the play offs

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Is Kpekawa injured? We had a guy on the bench on Saturday I'd never heard of and he wasn't.

I hate when we field an entire second string in the cup but the meltdown on here if we lose the next league game will be too much to bear.

Therefore, give as many of the kids who are on the fringe of the first team a go as possible. Petrasso, Shodipo, Kakay, Grego-Cox etc. should be capable of competing against Rochdale and have a great chance to claim a spot in the first XI.

7. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Ted - I would play a weakened team, but one with a realistic chance of winning.

Currently, I think that we (the team, the fans and probably JFH) are in a real need to a boost to confidence and win would be a good tonic.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  8. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

it should be a mixture of those who 'need' a game for fitness/sharpness + those who deserve a game /rest. I would be half tempted to put out the same team as Sat but that would be churlish.

On balance I would go with this..........
    Ingram
    Perch Hall Kpekwa Bidwell
    Shopido Henry Cousins Yenni
    Washington Grego-Cox

scrape a 2-1 victory in front of another massive 5521 crowd. Is it kids for a quid do we know?

9. Bwood_Ranger

Would like to see Sandro wheeled out after 85 minutes so he can be booed when stretchered off after 86

hammersmith junior likes this.
  10. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thought we were on a cup run already.......

11. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Stan - there are some very neat ideas in your proposal, and it is quite adventurous.

I understand that Kpekawa actually prefers to play centre back, although I don't recall us using him there. Also, 4-4-2 with Grego-Cox does provide many more options for our limited recourses.

I admit that I was not brave enough to propose any 4-4-2 as I am not sure if we have really tested it. But I wonder if JFH will be tempted?

12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

The young lad Kakay has been on the bench for the last two games and is a right-back by all accounts. Probably a good time to give him an outing and see what he's made of. One would hope that he is well thought of given the odd decision to send Furlong out on loan.

13. Bwood_Ranger

Vaguely related, has anyone else been to Rochdale? Can you think of a more dour place on the planet?

14. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Could be an ideal opportunity to try him out.

15. QPR Oslo

Borisiuk (sp? ) is fit again and could make his debut against RochdAle tomorrow, according to David Mac, WLS. Nostravia! (sp)?

16. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Would go with Grego-Cox up front with Washington. Washington cannot play up front on his own.

17. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Oslo - what is a great piece of news!

If true, then I would expect him to be only on the bench and to make a potential appearance as sub.

18. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Is Sandro still with us? :emoticon-0136-giggl

I think the 4 at the back is the problem.
    If we don't go 4-3-3, then I'd like to at least see 3-2-3-2, that should give us more room diagonally, instead of looking flat at the back and up the sides.
    I would like to see Polter and Washington up front, just be let loose the entire match until they run themselves out.

19. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

People from Rochdale probably feel the same about Shepherds Bush......

20. Bwood_Ranger

I doubt most people from Rochdale have ever left Rochdale.