1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Team from the land of Saints & Scholars Vs Saints of Johnstone

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, Feb 4, 2017.

1. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

What about that 25-pass stunner for the final goal? A lot of plaudits go to Lustig, McGregor & Dembele for that lovely piece of play to finish - & rightly so - but for me there's a superb crucial moment hinged on Brown when he receives a slightly dodgy pass out from Gordon about midway through the sequence and he turns Davidson beautifully to keep the passes going - fabulous stuff!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Null likes this.
  2. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

Ifs, buts & mibbees ...

Some thoughts on listening to Tommy Wright gurning about our penalty & them not getting two.

I agree ours shouldn't have been; and possibly they should have had one (Brown incident).

However, their first goal could have been disallowed for a foul on Bitton - Watson climbs over Bitton, holding him down with his elbow on his shoulder. As for Wright's claim for a second penalty (Boyata incident) - that is nonsense ... Boyata didn't use his hands or arms at all, just his upper body strength against the St Johnstone player who tried to drag him out of positon.

Ok, I get that Wright is disappointed and can understand that but at the end of the day, had the ref concurred with the above, the outcome would probably have been much the same.

On the other hand, of course, the earth might have turned on its axis; St Johnstone might have won the game; the Dybbuks might be closing the gap; Warburtons recent ramblings might make sense; and I might now be a multi-millionaire, as I might have won the Lottery Euromillions!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Null likes this.