1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team v QPR

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The Gaffer said at today's press conference that everyone is fit and "really focused".

Nothing to say about QPR. To be honest for the first time in a while don't know much about them apart from Olly and his innumerable comments, none of which are terribly relevant to this game. So far as Fulham go, we are obviously without the two off at the Africa Cup and despite McLaren having another pop - "We would like him [Chris Martin] back but there is no release clause. We'll soldier on ... there is still time." - no issues.

So why change from last weekend ..

........................Button.............
    ..Fredericks..Kalas..Ream...Malone..
    .....................McDonald..........
    ..............Johansen....
    ....Aluko............Cairney.....Piazon...
    .......................Martin...........

Apart from the stupidly ridiculous early kick off (anybody know why?), definitely looking forward to this one.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Must be on TV C58. It is a good, settled side that is a handful for any opposition. QPR will be up for this one. I'd love 3 points.

Cottager58 likes this.
  3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's live on Sky Sports 1.

Cottager58 likes this.
  4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Quick trip down to that little bar in Macarena for me tomorrow lunch time, then. Nice. Two games on the trot - not often I get to see that.

Cravingawin likes this.
  5. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Never like early Kickoffs.
    I'd expect the same team as Barnsley.
    I've listened to a few pod casts on football this week, and I find that some of the presenters who are not fans of championship teams dismiss Fulham as being a mid-table team, this is because we haven't really featured on TV that much, and tomorrow we will, so in a way I'd like us still to win but not be at our best, so we keep under the radar. It's a local derby so sometimes these don't reflect on current form or table position, but I do hope the team is up for it to be a battle and not take QPR lightly.

Cottager58 likes this.
  6. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Getting ready!!!

7. Cottager58

We've got Keith Stroud in charge today,

upload_2017-1-21_9-40-52.jpeg

As said the last time out, he's an experienced ref and certainly takes his full time job seriously; dolling out cards like confetti. And an awful lot of it has landed on our heads. He was a last minute stand in for the game we lost 2-1 away to Brighton in December, booking 9 players; 6 of the ours - Button, Odoi, Sigurdsson, McDonald, Martin and Fredericks. The other time he's ref'd us this season was the 4-2 away win at Barnsley when 6 were booked; 4 from our side - Button, Cairney, Johansen and Martin. He also sent of the Tykes midfielder Scowen in that game.

Don't know, maybe wee Keith has a hang up about Napoleon lll living at the original Craven Cottage before it burnt down.

Since the Brighton match Stroud has had 7 games, booking 33 and handing out 3 reds. That brings his total for the season so far to 146 yellows and 11 reds in hs 28 games. Way above the average.

8. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the game, we owe them one for that frustrating game at the cottage earlier in the season. Team news due out in the next 5 mins I'd imagine.

Bit of a dilemma for me today as Rangers are also live on Sky today at the exact same time, typical! Hoping for two big wins to get my saturday off to a flyer.

9. Fabulous Fabio

Cottager got the team spot on.

Subs - betts, madl, sigurdsson, odoi, sessegnon, parker, smith.

10. Fabulous Fabio

The penalty misses this season are becoming an absolute joke.

3 pens missed against that lot this season. Awful.

11. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

We got a bit roughed up and gave them a goal.
    A point hard fought for and we deserved more.

GeraScores likes this.
  12. Cottager58

Not sure we did deserve more 2Whites.

The pitch was awful but that's no excuse for nearly gifting them the points yet again and yes, because of our own mistakes - the penalty as well as the goal. QPR came with a game plan; park the bus, harry, push, foul and it worked for them. We didn't have a game plan B on the pitch or (more imortantly) the bench.

Frankly we were poor as individuals and as a team today.

13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think that's being slightly harsh on our tactics. There wouldn't have been half as many fouls if your players weren't struggling to stay upright on our cabbage patch pitch.

qpherts and Cottager58 like this.
  14. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I would think both Teams are going to be fined for failing to control their players. And may be Cairney might get a match ban, along with some touchline ban for those in the dugout.
    The Ref all game was really not helping with poor decisions and bookings in a game which never really got going.

15. Cottager58

Charges have indeed been made SuperBri. Although not on Cairney, presumably because the ref saw the incident and had a word with him.

"Fulham and Queens Park Rangers have both been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E20(a) following their game on Saturday [21 January 2017].

It is alleged that in or around the 91st minute of the fixture, the clubs failed to ensure their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion. It is further alleged that in or around the 94th minute, they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

In addition, QPR coach Marc Bircham and Fulham Manager of First Team Medical & Sports Science Marco Cesarini have also been charged in relation to the same game. It is alleged their behaviour in or around the 90th minute amounted to improper conduct.

All parties have until 6pm on 26 January 2017 to respond to the charges.
    "

If, as alleged, Bircham, who started it all by kicking the ball away, spat at Jokanovic then I'd have thought our guys have grounds for "circumstances to be taken into account". Or whatever the words are to describe provocation by way of a defence.

16. Cottager58

Guilty as Charged M'Lud

"Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing, Queens Park Rangers and Fulham have been fined £40,000 and £36,000 respectively in relation to their game on Saturday 21 January 2017.

Both clubs admitted two breaches of FA Rule E20(a) in that, firstly, in or around the 91st minute of the fixture, they failed to ensure their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion. Furthermore, in or around the 94th minute, they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

In addition, QPR coach Marc Bircham and Fulham member of staff Marco Cesarini have each been fined £2,000 after admitting an FA misconduct charge in relation to a 90th minute incident in the same game.
    "