1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

TF had enough?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Strange rambling tweet this morning...

2. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Wow!
    Why a club owner feels compelled to take to twitter is beyond me.
    Sounds like he's given up.
    That's the difference between him and us, the fans.

kiwiqpr, UTRs and Sooperhoop like this.
  3. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Given how vile human beings are in general he probably takes a hell of a lot of stick on Twitter, that said he makes himself an easy target.

4. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Hope it's true. Fernandes is clearly an idiot. Can we have a hard-nosed owner/chairman in the mould of Levy or the Swans' chappie next time, please. One that's not a media whore, trying to win popularity contests with incoherent nonsense on Twunter.

5. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed

6. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Just be careful what you wish for, we don't want another Tango & Cash.

7. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

they did a better job!

Uber_Hoop and peter1954qpr like this.
  8. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Not seeing that on Tony's Twitter, where did it come from? Is it genuine?

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It's not a tweet though is it? It's an email in response to some abuse he received by email that's then been put in a tweet by someone else, a Brentford fan by the look of it. Looks fake to me anyway, can't believe his PA wouldn't have filtered out the incoming email in the first place, or that he would respond even if it got through, he will have a PR person doing all the non Air Asia business stuff.

I had immensely high hopes of Fernandes when he came in, like many others (of course there will be some on here who will track back and find posts that prove that they never rated him. Oh to have such foresight). And he really fed the expectations didn't he? I have been disappointed in every single respect. For what it's worth I still believe his intentions were always good and he seems a nice bloke (in the context of being a multi millionaire businessman). As I don't believe in luck, or bad luck, the only conclusion is that this is all down to poor decision making, poor advice, poor personnel selection - all basic competence stuff. An incredibly expensive mistake for him and us.

10. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Ultimately though, the league table dictates that one team will finish top, one bottom and one spot for all other teams in between. If everyone makes good decisions, takes good advice and has good personnel, that'll still be the case.

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely this email is genuine, because these days, Fernandes couldn't be arsed to send one out on QPR. I feel he's passed the parcel and is gradually moving on

Didley Squat likes this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Ah, so QPRs role is to be in the badly run clubs club 4 years out of every 5? Do you think we have been well, or even adequately run since 2011 - I refer you to results, fan satisfaction, delivery of infrastructure promises, financial position, manager turnover, league positions, FFP etc? No dispute that we are filling the position that we deserve to relative to all others though.

I do suspect that there may be a fundamental mismatch between the basic expectations of the fan base (myself included) and what this club is actually capable of achieving the way football is run nowadays, no matter who is the owner. Which will always be difficult to manage, until we have been out of the top tier so long a new generation of fans with shorter memories takes root.

There are plenty of clubs in our position in gerneral terms and at least we aren't Coventry. Yet.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

If this is indeed genuine then it's just sad and very boring really. It's part and parcel for any chairman of any football club to be loved/hated, criticized whether we/they like it or not. Sadly that's just life I'm afraid . Teams and managers cop the same amount of flack on a regular basis.

As mentioned many times before, if this upsets him so much then why be such a social media whore?

Put up or shut up!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Didley Squat, kiwiqpr and Wherever like this.
  14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am making no comment about Tony F, SLF or Ollies ability to run the club...

This does not look genuine (sure some one as obviously educated and with PA can write English in a coherent way)
    It is also on outlook not twitter.....Also businessmen (who wish to sell an asset) do not broadcast their intent to Tom, Dick or 'Arry.

But to another point as Eternal says, just be careful what you wish for....no Tango and Cash did not do a better job (they dismantled our club, getting rid of the academy...and set the stage for all that came behind them.).....and please look at Blackburn, Cardiff, Blackpool and more recently Orient....we could be in a much worse position...we really could

15. Sooperhoop

I've seen some of TF's tweets and that sort of spelling is not uncommon, someone pressing the phone keys too quickly. I sometimes think he is far too impulsive, hence some of his crackpot decisions and tweets...

Didley Squat and UTRs like this.
  16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Sorry, couldn't resist...<whistle><laugh>

:afro:

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. Sooperhoop

More likely this...

UTRs likes this.
  18. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh><ok>

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Shares this with Donald Trump, and the fact that neither know anything about football

20. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Back in the day Chairman used to be faceless almost unknown businessmen.
    TF should dissapear in the background and concentrate getting this club running properly..or sell it.
    This constant twitter s**t is not what he or we the fans need #button it