1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thank you City I enjoyed that.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Mar 17, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

It's been a long time coming but watching the dominant performance by Bristol City tonight has given me renewed confidence that we can survive. We were aided by 2 brilliant decisions by the referee allowing us advantage which led to the first goals and he applied the rules correctly and we benefited from good officiating.

Overall I thought we looked strong and kept a good team under wraps for the best portion of the game which allowed us to control the game leading to a vital win. I was a bit doubtful about our penalty but with our season we'll take whatever is given, and tonight we did. Full marks to you and your voices as you were very noticeable and how nice was it for us all not to end the night with boos raining down from the seats rather than just the weather. How on earth we are in our position when we can play like that against one of the better teams in the division and let's just hope this has been the beacon for the remainder of the season.

A very enjoyable day for me and I felt like part of the crowd, and you were great. Well done one and all and let's continue this trend.

manxrobin and Red Robin like this.
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

As I said in another thread it's fine lines. Huddersfield have punched above their weight this season and the total sum of their team is greater than the parts, whereas we have under-performed this season.

3. invermeremike

A lot of posters on here have often said that we have a potentially good squad but have never lived up to what's advertised on the box. Tonight I saw light at the end of the tunnel and if we can keep up that intensity and dedication to the job in hand then we'll be O.K.

Red Robin and BCFCRob like this.
  4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

He's had his critics and on most occasions deserved them.....we've never been on the end of a tanking but made stupid mistakes.....Tonight, I thought the game plan was SPOT ON and the players responded excellently. Well done City.....hopefully we can build confidence from that........great also, another clean sheet..

5. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Wasn't impressed with the performance of the referee but who cares, what a fantastic performance that was, enjoyed every minute of that game even though it was bloody cold, everyone played well and special mention to O'Dowda and Bryan who were great tonight

Red Robin likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WAGNER GAVE AN INTERVIEW after Saturday's game which I thought was a bit on the coy/negative side where he basically said something similar .. and they had to play the script out and see what the result would be ...... !
    2 away games next .. and an annoyingly 2 week break!

7. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Going into the international break in high spirits, rather than stew over a poor result is definitely a good thing. :)

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I thought Korey Smith was excellent at RB, hopefully that's a lucky break as we've been dire in that position for too long now.

9. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Magnificent performance tonight.Like watching a different team.The Win at Wigan was a booster and let's hope we can build on that now. 8 points from the last 4 games and only one goal conceded

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Since Pembo left then?

11. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Does make you wonder

RedorDead likes this.
  12. invermeremike

I was impressed with the result and won't waste time wondering what if we had done this, or that, in our organisation. We only had 38% of the possession and as the pundits usually say it's only what you do with your possession that counts. When you keep the opposition's possession to their half of the field then you are pressing them further away from your own goal and that's never a bad thing. Well done on all counts in my books and forget about anything negative that you could possibly find in the match. Onwards and upwards I hope from here.

13. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

From what I can see just from watching the edited highlights, we hit them with 3 unstoppable goals.
    Indeed, 3 of the best I have seen from us since JET was with us. Tomlin looked lean and mean, and sharp as a razor for the first.
    Abraham showed the touch of an England forward for the second, and we really need to make Cotterill's loan permanent as soon as.
    But then Flint scored a worldy, and you just know then that its a special night.
    Except that I only found out @ 02.00 when I got home, so excuse me for ranting but I'm still in shock !

And if we were awarded a dodgy penalty for the 4th, then its no more than we deserve, because we could have scored 5 or 6.
    Now the standard has been set, and a line drawn in the sand.
    There must be no going below that line again !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  14. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

After the 2nd one went in I was just hoping we could keep a clean sheet, something we've been struggling with all season..
    It may have been a bit of a one off, but beating a top 3 team convincingly as to do wonders for confidence..Even Fielding did what he had to do and really well..

15. invermeremike

A pretty good show all around but we need to keep up the momentum.

16. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I was in the South Stand and saw the trip. It was a clear pen but I have seen ones like that not given, Joe Bryan was travelling so the slightest touch was going to send him flying

17. leez

leez Well-Known Member

good team ... with some very good players , first time i have seen yous this season ..and wow

one to put on me coupon now ...if you can play like that each week

18. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Yes. Thats the problem really

19. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't we play like that every week?

How can the same bunch of players play so badly against Forest for example, then turn it on with a table-topping display against 3rd in the league?

I think LJ must have sprinkled something in their food - it was an unbelievable difference.

They have set themselves a benchmark now. More of the same is EXPECTED now they have proved they can do it.

20. invermeremike

I don't necessarily think that all our problems will go away with this single blowout of a top team in the division, but it's a nice thought. It looked like they were playing as a team and winning can be addictive so perhaps something was put in their tea.