1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thank you Mr Allam

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Irememberwaggy, May 29, 2016.

1. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

His off-the-cuff remark really hurt you, didn't it? Sensitive flower that you are.

PattyNchips2 and 1MoreAgain like this.
  2. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

The Allams or the advisers?:emoticon-0102-bigsm

petersaxton likes this.
  3. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

please show me the link where I said it hurt me - I couldn't give two hoots what the silly old duffer said - his money has brought success to the club, his attitude is slowly killing it

4. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

I said it at the time and I will mention it again. My wife faced death a few weeks before Yeovil. She thankfully pulled through and a big part of her fight was her determination to firstly get to that game and then survive to follow our team in the future. Death should never be a flippant remark, especially from a football club owner on the eve of a game against Liverpool. If he had apologised, it wouldn't now be an issue. He didn't, he's an arrogant old man who has never had and never will have an affiliation with the vast majority of Hull City fans. My wife will never forgive or forget his remarks and neither will or I or many others.

5. StCloudTiger

StCloudTiger Well-Known Member

Well I will deny it. Whilst I do not agree with Mr Allam's comment or a number of his proposals, or indeed the abuse he gets in return, he did not tell fans to die. That is a total mis-quote for your own purposes and you know it full well. The thread is about thanking the guy for the good he has undoubtedly done. There are plenty of threads slagging him off to make your false comments to people who want to believe you.

On this occasion I will say well done to the Allams, and thank you.

To those that did not go yesterday, you missed part of the real history of this great club.

6. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

I am sorry that your wife had a brush with death, truly, but to take Allams remark personally because of the experience is insane.

PattyNchips2 and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  7. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

Why is it insane? Because it didn't affect you? How do you know her circumstances? Just because it didn't affect you it shouldn't affect anyone? You are as arrogant as him. Do you think his words were wise? Do you think he was correct? Do you think he should have apologised or explained himself?

8. charon-the-ferryman

just to remind you - even the BBC couldn't believe his outrageous comments - I certainly enjoyed being there yesterday, unlike you I'm not a sycophant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25174266

9. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to read StClods rebuttal? I won't be holding my breath though.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's it deflect and distract. The usual strategy.

11. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Both of them can do one.

They stayed spiteful to the end asking Ticketmaster to call us "Hull Tigers" & on the shirt yesterday it was "The Tigers v Sheffield Wednesday". All because of their petty rift with the council.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I feel like because we're so used to this behaviour people just let it go now. But it really is ****ing pathetic isn't it. These are the only people making decisions about our club, yet all they seem to spend their time doing is thinking of new ways to piss people off. It's no wonder none of the basic club operations such as selling tickets are close to being fit for purpose.

13. StCloudTiger

CTF you do not know me or anything about to make such a suggestion about my comment/observations or to draw your once again flawed conclusion. I thank you for posting the BBC article which shows your claim to be false, but do not expect you to admit it. Please carry on pandering to the winging minority on here.

14. StCloudTiger

You sir, can hold your breath as long as you like.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  15. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Ehab got booed when he was on the big screen at the end.

16. x

x Well-Known Member

troll.

17. x

x Well-Known Member

i wasn't, but i agree with the rest of what you wrote.

18. charon-the-ferryman

http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/adult_literacy/adult_literacy_help

you seem to have a reading problem - I've sent you a link which you may find useful - ps I didn't realise there were any angels posting on here

Bengals Tiger and Muffinthegoat like this.
  19. Dublin Tiger (with a gap)

Well said. Anybody who tries to defend Allam on this has very serious issues they need help with.

Polly13, PLT and Muffinthegoat like this.
  20. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

It was an off the cuff remark in answer to a question about the "City Till We Die" campaign. I sympathise with Muffinthegoats wife, but I came out of hospital the day before our Cardiff home match in 2013. This was following life-saving cancer surgery & a 5 week stay in hospital. The match & the 15 minutes watching Leeds beat Watford nearly finished me off! I took no offence whatsoever to the off the cuff remark which has been blown up out of all proportion ever since by the anti-Allam brigade.. We've had much better owners, we've had much worse owners but we've never had one so far who has overseen two promotions to the Premier League. Like him or despise him all true fans should be able to at least thank him for that.

PattyNchips2 likes this.