1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Thauvin and Le Gouff back to France?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Lord Jonjomort, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

According to various sources, Marseille are taking Thauvin back on loan for the season, with Lille in talks to take Le Gouff.

Thauvin has been the worst buy of recent times, just forget it happened, but by God Monsieur Carr should be severely reprimanded and demoted for his efforts. It does add up as I'm not convinced at all he was injured Tuesday night.

Gouff never was good enough, good luck to him.

Surely paving the way for another arrival?

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Surely thauvin will only leave if we have someone who can take his place? Surely?

As for Gouff, get rid asap, thank you for that one season!

3. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Thauvin out
    Townsend in

Not unhappy with it, but would have liked to see Thuavin get the odd few 90 mins and not these stupid 10 min cameo roles, his been let down in my opinion and a talented player.

Lamela is a prime example of keeping faith

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Graham Carr has failed once again. The guy really is a walking time bomb.

5. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

His success rate in finding players is about the same as I would expect of his son in a whoor-house. Almost zero..

6. Sheikh_of_Araby

He has been given how much to spend? Literally tens of millions of pounds. The guy is largely responsible for recommending expensive flops. His judgement is shocking. Apparently we have been linked with Townsend and Berahino once again this morning. I understand that Graham Carr has had no input in these and they purely McClaren recommendations.

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Well if true it would only cement the theory Thauvin is not fancying it. Disappointing but like Cabella, if they don't have the heart for a fight and don't want to work to get in the team, they are of little use to us. I'm not interested in this whole "he wasn't given a chance" etc bullshit. These ****ers need to show some cojones in a bit of adversity and graft. I wouldn't be surprised if we've simply been had by Marseille. "You go there for 6 months say your unhappy then we buy you back cheap after a loan. We pick up Cabella into the bargain, hey presto our team is better and Newcastle have paid for it the mugs"

More likely is these guys are just not cut out for the league as we keep saying over and over again. I'm not interested in any more bollocks from the club, they need to nail this transfer policy once and for all. We are paying big bucks for monkeys. Its ok when they are peanuts but the money spunked of late could have built a proper team.

It may not be true of course but it wouldn't surprise me. Honestly Carr could fall into a bucket of tits and come up sucking his thumb. The french tickler needs to sort his life out.

Gouffran I wish him well. He's not very good but he was cheap and he has never moaned once. He has just got his head down and tried.

8. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Thauvin's last season at Marseille wasn't great either, I'm not sure why he'd want to go back there or why they'd want him back. If you put two and two together here, you could be getting Batshuayi in return, maybe in the summer if you stay up... you'd pay on top of course.

Seems odd that you'd write him off after a few cameo appearances, maybe something's gone on off the pitch.

9. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Cabella was a world beater compared to Thauvin. If Thauvin is off after 5 months...good riddance. Lacks any sense for a fight. To fight for his place in the team, or fight for the team in a relegation battle.

Gouf...can't fault him for anything. He gave all everytime he played. Sure he's not the most gifted player but he scored a lot of goals when he played, more than other midfielders. He never tried to get away or talk his way into the side. Credit to him.

10. Sheikh_of_Araby

Our two most successful signings from France funnily enough are both physical players; Cabaye and Debuchy. They slotted in straight away. Sissoko? The jury is out on him in terms of that. The rest? Don't have the physical presence or the balls to play in the PL. By that it's obvious that scouting players from France should be a big no-no.

11. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

I don't think will nor should get rid of Thauvin. We should give him time. As we should have with Cabella. Cabella on the wing was better than Perez. Loaning him out was a mistake.

12. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Personally l don't think Thauvin has had the chance to prove what he can or cannot do.
    That said he seems unable to cope with the. Pace. And physicality of the PL.
    I would like to have seen him given more time in every sense, but the precarious position we are in means we cannot afford him that luxury.
    Ask the question, did he ever really want to come here? Personally l think not, and once he was here it became pretty obvious that he was going to struggle, similar to Cabella.
    His theatricals don't go down well either, promoting the crowd booing him last time out. I reckon he doesn't fancy the gig anymore and we need a much stronger left flank than he affords.
    Put this one down to experience, we move on.

13. Sheikh_of_Araby

It's a case of we just kept pushing with Thauvin. He never wanted to come in the first place and only did so because of the Marseilles fans giving him a hard time [and the lure of money no doubt.] Should never have got rid of Cabella. Chalk Thauvin off.

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

But if they are homesick and want out, what is the point of retaining them? I'd have kept Cabella and never bothered signing Thauvin because he had the year to settle. However there is little you can do and this is the risk you take. Its why the policy is ultimately flawed for a club of our standing. It doesn't work and this has been categorically proven over the last few seasons.

15. Sheikh_of_Araby

But, Mike Ashley simply won't have it. He believes it does work. That in itself shows why the guy is patently stupid. He may understand the business world and the risks, but he doesn't understand football and the minions he appoints are incompetent idiots.

16. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Have we sold Cabella yet? Could be we recall him from loan and send Thauvin as a replacement?

17. Sheikh_of_Araby

His clause kicked in after a certain number of games so I believe that he's a Marseilles player now.

18. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

If Thauvin gets packed off back to France then Carr needs to be sacked.
    Him and Cabella cost £25m and that has to constitute misappropriation of employers monies.

19. Sheikh_of_Araby

Heard rumblings from someone I know that works at the club that Shelvey, Saivet, Townsend and Berahino [if they happen] are all McClaren recommendations. Apparently Charnley is 'concerned' at the money wasted based on Carr's 'recommendations.'

20. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Everything I can find is showing him as a NUFC player still, obviously Marseilles will have the option to buy him but if they haven't exercised and we did recall him does that nullify the option to buy clause? And would people be in favor of bringing him back?

Personally not for me but would be a better option than say Marveux or Obertan if we don't sign anyone else and Thauvin can't handle it over here.