1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 10 most technically gifted Hull City players of all-time

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 13, 2017.

1. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

What shocks me with that clip was the precise control and lay-off by McLean. I doubt he ever did that again in a City shirt, ran about a lot, but that's about it.

2. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Probably less than 10 posters on this board saw Horatio Stratton Carter play for the Tigers but if they had done the vote would be no contest. Jay Jay was a technical artist and a great showman and certainly is the leading contender in the modern era. But Raich Carter DOMINATED games. Every other player on the field was in awe of him. Yet, like Jay Jay, when he arrived at City he was already approaching the twilight of his career. He had already been a key player for England fifteen years before, won the FA Cup, and widely regarded as one of the finest players in England, if not the finest.

He gets my vote. The 6% vote is a joke. Geovanni 25%..Bizarre!!

tigerscanada likes this.
  3. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

With the benefit of looking at the 'Old Geezers' list CT I would say no more than a dozen( includesTigerRoo).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

I did point out that most of the chosen few seem to be from the KCOM era, BP is mainly ignored, but we didn't attain a high league status at BP so despite there being a lot of affection for the place, and the players of that era, that doesn't count in these overseas players saturated Premier League days.