1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The 2015 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

Disappointed. Just switched on and saw loads of pages on the transfer thread so got all excited and thought something was happening. Pages and pages about Pelle :(
    I think it's all been said so I will just say give the guy a break it was his first season in the Premier League and he was hardly crap. Judge him on his second season.

2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I take it you've only just finished!

Welcome!

3. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

You realise that part of the reason "we were much better than teams like...." was because we scored more goals, right?

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Pelle has had his bad games like all the others in the team. I truly cannot see why he has had so much negativety on here though. His first season in the premier league and he bagged 16 goals and a couple of assists. It is true he missed more than he scored but surely that applies to all strikers. Would agree too that he hit the post or bar more times than any other striker. That to me tells me that he was in the right place more times than not, just a tad unlucky.
    What we need is someone else matching the number of Goals he scores or gets close. Then we will be pushing for the champions league places. Mane did well for his first season with j-rod back up to speed these two could prove a handful.
    Could be a truly exciting season starting in a few weeks. Pelle will in my opinion, play a huge part in it too.

5. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

I dont believe in stats game by game but at the end of the season the averages are valuable. According to Squawka stats our total chances created and assists have us 8th in the league behind QPR and ahead of West Ham. Goals scored we are 6th ahead of Pool and behind spurs. By my reckoning we underperformed as a team in terms of creating chances. Conversion wise we were ok. This pretty much confirms my feelings looking back. I would have expected our chances created to be worse than that because we were creating bugger all at the end of last season. Pelle got very little and most of what he did get were slim chances. Not many tap-ins.

6. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Pelle's pretty good. Not great, not terrible. Pretty good.

7. Saintalona

Saintalona Well-Known Member

I really liked Pelle :) even it was just because he scored that great goal against QPR that I was lucky to witness! :))

If you want to replace him with a better striker in his role. We would have to spend 25/30 million...

He's been a absolute bargain for what we paid!

8. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

Now we have all done-to-death; "Is Pelle Good Enough?" - does anyone have any good rumours on transfers? I am suffering withdrawal symptoms because of our early flurry into the transfer market and now 2 weeks of nothing - which is why so much time and effort has been attributed by us all on the 'Pelle Saga' above.(message to Les; am sure you are quietly working your magic in the background - but a signing or two now would make me feel so much better). :emoticon-0107-sweat

In summary - any Saints transfer rumours greatly appreciated!!

9. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Not really anything to report unfortunately. If anything its gone backwards with a lot of our supposed targets signing up elsewhere. Imbula, Krychowiak and Gueye amongst others have moved to various clubs and we're not really hearing anything about the remaining targets like Clasie and Praet.

The only steady stream of stuff coming out is on Morgan and Toby. As well the occasional random mention to players like Sven Bender that i dont think would ever happen.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Oh dear....have we reached the 'sign anyone' stage already. We're not going to last the course. :oops:

11. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

It seems like months since the window opened - can I remind everyone that this is only day 5?

12. fran-MLs little camera

Our important stat was in goals conceded...our defence was our major asset last season. Keep that and add more goals....wow.

Libby likes this.
  13. fran-MLs little camera

We all promised that we would trust Les and not worry if a few players left...so far we have signed 3 and lost 1 (won't count Osvaldo). Fans are so fickle :)

14. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

The big problem is that our defence is what is taking the hit this year: Morgan, Clyne, Toby & Forster injured... :(

It's all down to Toby :emoticon-0184-tmi:

Libby and OddRiverOakWizards like this.
  15. fran-MLs little camera

And Wanyama, Bertrand and Fonte and new keeper (however you spell his name :)).

16. fran-MLs little camera

17. You guys must be gutted about Alderweireld?

18. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not really as a Belgian journo who reported on him joining us on loan last summer has said Spurs and Madrid have NOT reached a deal. :)

19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Why's that then, Mr. Wum?

20. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Go look at the Toby thread mate. I'll concede defeat when i see Toby in one of your 'brake mark' shirts. Until then kindly sod off please.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.