1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The 2015 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brixham Saint

Brixham Saint Well-Known Member

No,just last minute departures like Wanyama. What is it with our club? I cannot think of any other club in the premiership where players can't wait to get out? WHY?

2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Because you have the impression you know more about the inner workings of SFC than any other club. And that is simply because you are interested. If you hung onto every syllable of words talked about all the clubs you'd realise that 99% of it is bull and the other 1% is where the players are genuinely dying to leave/stay/want more money/prepared to die for their club.

Basically, it's your proximity to Saints which gives you your impression.

3. Brixham Saint

Name me another club where multiple players line up season on season to leave the club? We have a great footing on what we have achieved, but this is not a good PR / selling point for the club

4. TheSecondStain

They don't line up season upon season. This is a newish thing. We'll deal with it.

fatletiss likes this.
  5. Brixham Saint

Ok, since we've been back in the premiership. How can we ever build when we are losing 3/4 1st team starters every season? Last season we replaced players with quality, this season selling 25 million pound players and replacing with 4/5 million pound players. I hope you right, but to lose ****yama now with no time to replace would be disastrous as both starting CM gone within weeks of each other.

Craig smith likes this.
  6. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

For someone who's just come back from holiday, you're awfully stressed...need another one?

fatletiss likes this.
  7. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

This story is also coming from a Sky Sports "Source", the reporter covers Spurs, and is in fact a Spurs fan. So I would take it with a pinch of salt, regardless if Wanyama wants to go this season or next.

8. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Van Gaal has told Javier Hernandez he can leave before the deadline....

*pages Les*

9. TheSecondStain

As I said before, it's a concerted effort by rivals to dismantle their rival. They know we're on their case. We will deal with it by a savvy combination of new players, academy players, and finally getting enough revenue in that we can pay players enough so that they won't want to leave. Unfortunately, the small salaries we are prepared to pay at present, relative to clubs higher up the scale with keep us hitting a glass ceiling. But Saints are the 7th richest club in the PL, so these days we perform from that base. It means that finishing 7th is not punching above our weight anymore. That's quite a climb in 6 years. Further advances are going to take a bit longer.

holierthanthou and fatletiss like this.
  10. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I just don't think this is a fair view on the club. If a top player wants to leave, they eventually will. We can't keep them if they don't sign a new contract, so If we don't cash in, they go for nothing.

I think the problem is in what the fans expect and want.

This is not the first season that a lot of fans thought this; it happened last year and everything clicked. This year it is the same thing and it may click again, it may just not click and we may have a struggle.

My view is that too many of you are being unfair on the club. Fine that's your opinion and your expectation, but I believe it is unfair on them. They have their model, we all know that model, yet people continue to bitch and moan about it. Every club has their way of doing it and they don't all work out. Spuds spent a gazillion quid the other year and are now selling all those players off cheap. Liverpool are having the piss taken out of them because half of last year's signings have gone. Man Utd spent 57m on a player last season and sold him this season for 12m less and have had two relatively **** seasons.

This MAY be our first season that is not on an upward climb and day after day I read people bemoaning the Board. Jeez we've really been spoiled in the last few years and I know I'm going to get people playing the "as soon as someone moans about the club... Happy clapper... It's an opinion..." line, but I'm going to stand up for the club when I feel I need to.

I really believe fans need to accept that we have a model that is going to try and move the club forward over a period of time in a sustainable manner. I admire them for that and will stand by them while they try it.

Come on you Saints.

Ps. Craig I replied to your post, but this isn't aimed solely at you, but just happened to be one of those posts that sits in with a few others. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015

11. fatletiss

Ok Brixham. How would you stop it happening?

12. TheSecondStain

I've had post-holiday blues myself, in the past.

fatletiss likes this.
  13. fatletiss

Is he another Shane Long (improved version)? I'd like him, but wonder if we need someone more creative? I'm not saying I wouldn't take him, but just wondering what it is we need.

14. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Gives us a good quality option. Not the first thing we need, but if he's gettable at a good price we'd be mad not to.

fatletiss likes this.
  15. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

Wanyama hasn't left yet, has he? And I don't believe for a minute that he will. I think everyone in the clubs know it would be a disastrous decision to let Wanyama at this moment.

manxsaint and Archers Road like this.
  16. Brixham Saint

I totally understand that the top players will want to move on, I just don't like the way they go about it, it VW kicking off in the media through his agent several days before the transfer window shuts, leaving us little if no time at all to sort a quality replacement.

17. fatletiss

Yes, I see that and wouldn't be unhappy if it happened. He'd certainly give us quality movement.

A week ago I'd have been excited, but I think the negativity towards our club I here is getting to me. :(

18. fatletiss

That's fair enough complaint Brixham, but earlier you were sounding off about the club.

19. Brixham Saint

Supported the club for over 30 years, and will never stop. Just don't like the way these spoilt players treat us with very little or no respect, especially when pushing for a move to Spuds etc. don't mind the ones who go to Manure, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

20. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Sadly though you only progress by moving continually forward............it surely can be argued that we seem to sell high but buy low. It doesn't appear that we have replaced the standard we lost. No other club is having the same problems with players leaving/wanting to leave, as Saints do. Admittedly it is early days for the new players to show their metal it is just my opinion though that I have seen nowt that particularly excites me. Sorry that is just how I see it at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.