1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 3 horse race

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by LeedsUnitedFan, Feb 22, 2015.

1. LeedsUnitedFan

LeedsUnitedFan New Member

As Im sure all you Rovers fans are aware there appears to be a 3 horse race developing for the one spot for automatic promotion. I am a Macclesfield supporter by the way (thought I would post here given its a bit too quiet over on the silkmen page). Just wanted to ask how you Rovers fans see the race for automatic promotion panning out. Obviously Barnet are faltering (4 losses in their last 6) and it seems as though it's just a matter of time before you overtake Barnet. We of course are 3 points behind you with a game in hand, my gut feeling is that Bristol Rovers will clinch it but its tough to call, of course you hammered us at the memorial but i'd expect at different game and a closer affair at our place. Good luck for the rest of season, hopefully we'll see you in league 2 one way or the other)!
    p.s don't be fooled by my name - I support Leeds and Macclesfield!

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think it will go down to the wire and there will be a few more twists and turns yet. It's great that Barnet have been reeled in because it really is a three horse face for the title now...

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

To be honest, I dont know much about Maccs. I dont know whay your manager has been saying. Barnets manager has come out saying he and his team are feeling the pressure. Our manager has come out with feet firmly on the ground saying 1 game at a time and just want to concentrate on ourselves winning games and has shown respect to the opposition in every game. Just on this alone, I fancy us over Barnet. But I dont know what the message is coming out your end from your manager. The fact that you are still in it and have chased down Barnet too, im guessing your lot are feeling very positive!

Looking at the games left for all 3 teams, I do fancy us again as well. Barnet are struggling and got some big games facing teams in and around the play off hunt. Our tough games are Gateshead, Halifax and yourselves away and we beat these 3 teams at home. We also have to face Eastleigh at home which will be tough. But our defensive record is 2nd to none and we have only lost 4 all season on the league! We have 2 big players coming back from injury too which will be a massive boost.

Looks like our game for the cameras could decide a few things! But still over 30 points each to play for!! Long way to go.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I know that DC has been criticised in the past when he has asked the supporters to get behind the team especially last season, the no12 shirt is dedicated to the gas and I believe that if all who manage to get to the games continue to give the support that they have even when things are not going as we would wish then the last games of this season will be easier for the team than any other team at the top of this league. Last season the Torquay manager instructed his players to frustrate Rovers and get the supporters on the players backs. I believe this generally has been avoided this season and resulted in the players giving their all for 90 plus minutes. With this level of support we will gain promotion back to league 2 and upwards under the guidance of DC.

5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I think it could now be a four horse race, exciting times ahead eh ?