1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Leeds Utd have turned down Derby County's offer of a friendly in March!!!

The game was proposed by Derby owner Mel Morris as part of an on-going challenge to the Football League’s television deal with Sky Sports.

Morris planned to use the friendly to demonstrate the earning potential of clubs outwith the restrictions imposed on them by the £100million contract agreed between the Football League and Sky.

Leeds have enquired about Fabien Delph. Transfer windows would not be transfer windows without former players returning to ER.

As reported yesterday Leeds have slapped a 15m price tag on Chris Wood. Should an offer come in today for that amount, who here would accept it?

Years since that particular team won the Football League title.

Does any of that surprise you?

please log in to view this image

The-Don likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning elland and all. If wood was sold, regardless of price, season would be over. No autos and no playoffs and the Rad could immediately **** off back to Iataly and stay there if that was his first meaningful act as Leeds part owner. Like the looks of that table once victimpool remain behind us. I'd say there's as much chance of Norman Hunter playing again for us as Fab Delph

Farsleyexile and Marcos Barber like this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Morning Elland. regarding ex players, just been listening to our local tv sports news and apparently ourselves and Brighton and a few others have inquired about R.Keane. He says he would rather stay in the USA<ok>

ellandback likes this.
  4. Irishshako

Morning Eire. Not fussed on Delph. Why oh why do our on form players suddenly get interest from those vultures in the Prem. Just when we are having one of our best seasons in this division along come the twats trying to unsettle the club. I agree with you if we did except a bid of 15 for Wood that IMO it would be game over. I just hope Woods head isn't turned by this speculation and that his agent isn't a **** stirirng bollocks..:(

Farsleyexile and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, I know Wood has scored 17 goals. With respect Shaks would have scored half of those, and he is not even match fit...

Tell yer what, Hunter would give away a few penalties in the modern game....

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Shaks. Glad he has found his level in the US.

Irishshako likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Very good point about him being unsettled. We've seen that before

Irishshako likes this.
  8. strachallister

strachallister Well-Known Member

Morning guys, the Wood rumour is exactly that a fecking rumour designed by those bastards at the Mirror to unsettle our players what a cunch of bunts, as for Delph good player but no just no, upwards and onwards let's hope Monk just keeps getting it right in the transfer market and only brings in players that will add belief and depth to our squad, depth especially needed.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  9. Delicious Dacourt

Delicious Dacourt Active Member

Morning all

I've seen Routledge linked with Birmingham... Surely we should be in for signing him!? Imagine Routledge and Roofe on either wing and Hernandez In CAM! How creative would that trio be!

Find it odd we're not linked with more strikers. As for Delph he can stay where he is. We have plenty of CM's...

10. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all.

My concern regarding Delph is is this really a position that needs strengthening? No.
    I have no problems with former players, if they are good enough and will bring something to the squad then happy days.
    On that basis this talk of Robbie Keane, he could be the back up striker we need. He is a different option and can still score goals. However, would be be willing to sign a short term contract and also be happy to pay second fiddle to Wood?

11. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Wow 15 years for the arse and 27 for the scousers. I'm getting old.

Re wood, depends on his personality as to whether he gets unsettled and how it would impact his game. Desperate Prem teams will pay more in Jan than the summer. But we have our first shot at promotion in years, so even if we were able to swap him for similar or better, we'd lose momentum getting them up to speed.. be a big gamble.

Is he worth 15m to us? can't believe I'm saying this but at this moment in time, he probably is.

Whitejock likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Good points but why not put a figure of 30m on him if we 100% want to keep him. No chance anyone would come in for him then

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Sounds like we might have said 15m to frighten people off... or maybe they think they picked a cheeky figure that someone might just be desperate enough to pay, and they'd happily flog him for that!

Who knows. One thing I do know, is there is often stuff going on behind the scenes that never makes public domain regarding contracts and player sales... Clubs interested, agents stirring, players wanting to leave etc. So whilst I'd say we shouldn't sell him at the moment and upset the apple cart. If he actually wanted to go (not saying he does, or that there's any serious interest in him) what do you do? It's not black and white.

14. Irishshako

Elland, when I did play football, I used to get knackered just warming up to come on<wah>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  15. Irishshako

Another greedy fecker who we had to keep paying his wages even when he left<grr>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  16. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Cue agent "Glad you agree my client is worth £30m. I'm here to make sure his pay reflects that valuation".

17. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Tell the agent to **** off he's tied to a contract he agreed to simples

Farsleyexile likes this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Cue groin strain, sore toe, halitosis, dandruff, piles etc. Sorry boss, can't play. My head's not right with all these injuries. Just sayin ... :D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Farsleyexile likes this.
  19. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Fecking hell remember the year.
    WJ just made a good point!
    Who did he steal it off? :bandit:<laugh>

20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

WJ 1
    Glory 0

still waiting for your 1st 1 <doh>